Empire Veteran
# 71
02-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The following changes have now been checked in, and (provided QA gives the OK) should appear on Tribble soon:

- Lunge and Pounce now share a 6.0sec Category cooldown.

- Activating Tactical Initiative (Ground) will no longer allow the Ophidian Cane to be infinitely recast without a cooldown.

- Dampening Field now reduces Environmental Damage (Cold, Fire, Radiation, etc) in addition to Energy Damage.

- Weapons Malfunction no longer removes the Damage Immunity effect of the Stasis Pistol's secondary attack.
I do have a question... That can relate to ground pvp is the Jem Hadar XII set from the lobi store working as intended? I just get the feeling it is going to get nerfed on how well its working with the non-borg related ground combat.

The other issue is with the liberated borg from the perk of having the LTS. One typo thing I've noticed is that the KDF side it says Traits from the Liberated Borg Human Trait Pool. I know they are the same on both sides but one thing that might go some ways is redoing one of the required traits that automatically comes with it is adding some of the traits abilities that a human or klingon have so it doesn't feel like you are no longer Human or no longer a warrior LOL. Especially with the Klingon ones they feel weaker than playing a run of the mill Klingon which I feel shouldn't be the case when it comes to playing them but to the point that they are not a pay to win/over powering issue.

The only other gripe I have with ground combat is that the way swords work needs to be less robotic and whenever the schedule is going to permit for programming time a possible revamp on how the melee combinations work and such/would be interesting to be able to have the stf kdf weapons work kind of like the 1000 day veteran ships work where they have moving parts so the shotgun or battle rifle can change into an actual full fledged melee weapon and maybe the feds could get theres to turn into a food replicator or something just for balance purposes .
Career Officer
# 72
02-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I do have a question... That can relate to ground pvp is the Jem Hadar XII set from the lobi store working as intended? I just get the feeling it is going to get nerfed on how well its working with the non-borg related ground combat.
The Jem'Hadar Armor has zero Physical resistance. Its good regen doesn't make up for the fact that a superbuffed Lunge/Pounce might one-shot you out of crouch. I don't see it being a good set for pvp.
Commander
# 73
02-19-2013, 07:57 AM
My brand new 50 babby engineer doesn't have STF armour yet, and I've only got about 14% physical resistance due to the [Phys] tag on my Energy Dampening armour. I get ripped to shreds by the following:

Superbuffed lunge, takes about 90% of my health out with full shields
Nonbuffed but melee-doff sword wielding tac, cuts me in half pretty quickly
Borg in STFs like to pistolwhip me with their megaman arms while I set up bombs/mines
Klingons (specifically sword and dahar masters) in elite ground exploration missions poke a few holes in me if I let them get close

Hell, I even got tag teamed by an engineer using fuse armour on me and a tac using the close combat kit to finish me off. How embarrassing!

Without physical resistance, your goose is cooked in PvP against most Tacs as they're all gravitating towards covert operative, and they all like using Lunge to get into pulsewave range. I have a feeling that the Jem'Hadar XII set is garbage for PvP and the only good thing about it is the miini stealth thing.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Cryptic Studios Team
# 74
02-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Very nice Borticus, but can you provide us with an ETA on the Cryo Launcher fix? or can we expect that in May?
Simply put, I cannot provide an ETA. Scheduling is tight, and the May update takes priority right now.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Commander
# 75
02-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
The following changes have now been checked in, and (provided QA gives the OK) should appear on Tribble soon:

- Lunge and Pounce now share a 6.0sec Category cooldown.

- Activating Tactical Initiative (Ground) will no longer allow the Ophidian Cane to be infinitely recast without a cooldown.

- Dampening Field now reduces Environmental Damage (Cold, Fire, Radiation, etc) in addition to Energy Damage.

- Weapons Malfunction no longer removes the Damage Immunity effect of the Stasis Pistol's secondary attack.
Awesome I'll keep an eye on the tribble notes and try to get in to test that. If I notice an error with one of these fixes, should I post it here, or..?
Commander
# 76
02-19-2013, 10:42 AM
No fix in sight for the cold weapons makes me a sad individual. It gets disheartening to bunker up and then get oneshot by a guy who just came out of cloak from 8m away.

Hopefully May fixes it, until then, I'm done.

Captain
# 77
02-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
It gets disheartening to bunker up and then get oneshot by a guy who just came out of cloak from 8m away.
I'll say. It seems to me that an engineer running with reroute power to shields, shield recharge, and equipment diagnostics, while crouched, shouldn't be killed in one shot, or even one shot and a rifle butt.
Republic Veteran
# 78
02-20-2013, 08:28 AM
The Cryo Pulsewave can one-shot a player at quite the range with a critical hit.
Captain
# 79
02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Simply put, I cannot provide an ETA. Scheduling is tight, and the May update takes priority right now.
Ok, i understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I'll say. It seems to me that an engineer running with reroute power to shields, shield recharge, and equipment diagnostics, while crouched, shouldn't be killed in one shot, or even one shot and a rifle butt.
The problem with that is that you need several seconds, 2 or 3 to run all those buffs, the tact can buff himself while in cloak, so he needs to step out of if and just shoot, practically you have no time to react.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 80
02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
That's my main concern really. When I'm on my Tac and I know there's a cloaker around, I hang around back and wait for them to uncloak and get ready. That's when I suppressing fire and blast them with a quick attack.

From my own past experiences with the operative kit, I've needed Target Optics and Fire On My Mark to overcome defenses people had due to their armour, even with a crit flank shot. When I had to apply these two, that gave the defending team ample time to shut me down.

With the cryo, you don't even need Fire On My Mark or Target Optics. You just need to prebuff and then derp all over your 2 key and your opponent is dead. I can't suppressing fire that, or prebuff on my science or engineer. I can at least do that for people who have standard energy pulsewaves or who run any other kit/energy pulsewave.