Captain
# 2011
02-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Just wanted to jump in at the close of another day for me. Just re-affirming my support for the players raising their voices to tell Cryptic to "Stop the Farm; Bring back the Fun!"
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...
Captain
# 2012
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzarquestion View Post
There have been many suggestions regarding sliding scale costs for fleets. Some good, some bad. The problem is regardless of how well thought out the ideas we have are, the likelihood of PWE/Cryptic actually implementing them is close to nil. They WANT to control us. They WANT to make it difficult for small fleets to achieve success. They KNOW the majority of players are in small fleets. Butts in seats. I have been saying this since they nerfed dilithium back with the introduction of S7.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I posted my plan not because I thought there was any chance that Cryptic would implement it, but just to demonstrate that it's not that hard to make a system that would be difficult to exploit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2013
02-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Now the post is 2013 will it crash?
Ensign
# 2014
02-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Third Shifters, reporting for duty. Keeping the thread going through the night.
STOP THE GRIND: BRING BACK THE FUN!
Ensign
# 2015
02-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I posted my plan not because I thought there was any chance that Cryptic would implement it, but just to demonstrate that it's not that hard to make a system that would be difficult to exploit.
Unfortunately, there would be a workaround on this one. Larger fleet Commanders would simply cut loose their non productive or less productive members in favor of cheaper projects. If given the opportunity; I fear a good portion would bite at the chance. If you have a 100 man fleet,but only 20 contribute the majority, it would be in their best interest to let the others go,and allow the highly productive members to work a little less to get way more.

But I concede your point,there are certainly more than the two options Dan gave us. PWE just doesn't want you to think there may be more options available.
STOP THE GRIND: BRING BACK THE FUN!
Career Officer
# 2016
02-19-2013, 12:41 AM
I do believe that the devs are capable of providing good content and fixing the bugs in the game.

But I don't think they are allowed to spend time doing it by the "overlords" in charge of the game.

If the "overlords" would just take a little time from their "vision" of "farming" the players (aka customers) for every single penny of money we have and address the real problems of the game, they would reap an amazimg amount of long term profit from a STABLE and ENJOYABLE game platform for years!

We, the players (aka customers) are here because we love Star Trek!

We don't love FARMING or bad/no content, or a game that feels like another JOB!

PWE/Cryptic Stop the FARM, Bring back the FUN!

Zeus
Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
"I don't test my code often, but when I do I test it in Production"The most interesting dev in the world

I rather be a fence post in Texas than the King of PWE
Starfleet Veteran
# 2017
02-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Just popping on this morning, keep it up guys.

Hopefully something constructive will come out of Cryptic today.
Ensign
# 2018
02-19-2013, 12:43 AM
i think they just need to raise the amount of fleet marks you get in the fleet actions to 70 when the rep isnt on and 100 for them when it is on.
Career Officer
# 2019
02-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateofborg6 View Post
i think they just need to raise the amount of fleet marks you get in the fleet actions to 70 when the rep isnt on and 100 for them when it is on.
that would work XD
Leader of the Lost 9th Fleet
Admin on DPS-10k, 20k
In game: @vividh
Captain
# 2020
02-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Another thing that could be useful--and I suspect it would appeal to PWE's chance-based models (demonstrated by their preferences for lock boxes and such things)--what about increasing the amount you can crit for in the Commendation Reports assignments? It would have to be pretty significant--from 100 (where it currently is) to perhaps, say, 150 (that is, 2x the standard reward of 75).

There would still need to be other changes made, I think, especially since from what I've gathered, the majority of Level 50's haven't pushed their DOFFs as far as I have on my main and achieved the maximum tier in all categories. However, I think that it would be a useful improvement, especially since you can do your DOFF assignments while you have fun on other aspects of the game.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Closed Thread