Career Officer
# 11
02-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Well at this point, the best advice I can give you, is to use the guide for Winetricks given above, and then fetch IE8 from Microsoft.

If it still dosen't work, you should re-download the installer... I am headed to bed I am affraid, so it's gonna be a few hours before I can get back.

Sorry mate... hope it helps.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lieutenant
# 12
02-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Ok... can't get even winetricks working... Saying that winetricks canno't be opened. sh: 0: Can't open winetricks

"There is coffee in that nebula." - Kathryn Janeway
My rihansu character: S'tarleya ch'Rihan Rahaen'fvil, commander of warbird Hnoiyika

Last edited by parrotking97; 02-19-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 13
02-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotking97 View Post
Ok... can't get even winetricks working... Saying that winetricks canno't be opened. sh: 0: Can't open winetricks
are you sudo'ing?
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 14
02-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Sorry... I am an oldtimer... WINE is of cause a emulator.
Except that WINE Is Not an Emulator
It's a bridge between Windows application and system libraries and a native OS such as Linux, Mac OS etc., which lets you run Windows app as if they were native apps to your system, with various limitations of course.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the installer works under WINE, I know it doesn't under Mac. You might want to try downloading doh123's Mac wrapper for STO as it includes the STO launcher ready to update itself and download the game. On Linux it should just appear as a folder which you can open to find its C drive contents. Copy the STO Program Files folder into your WINE install and try from there; the launcher should hopefully update itself and download everything you need to play STO.
Career Officer
# 15
02-19-2013, 10:11 AM
STO and the installer usually works just fine on Ubuntu granted the dependencies are properly installed...

Works horribly in SuSE...

So you see... saying "works in linux" is not exactly a good statement.
Lieutenant
# 16
02-20-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
are you sudo'ing?

With or without, same result. Want to try by yourself with teamveaver?

My rihansu character: S'tarleya ch'Rihan Rahaen'fvil, commander of warbird Hnoiyika
Lieutenant
# 17
02-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Also trying that MAC version