Captain
# 11
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
I like that they've made humans relevant again (anything other than Saurians) but I do think they're a little problematic, especially on larger ships. The hull regen doesn't really bother me but the devs seem to be trying their level best to invalidate VM.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 12
02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I like that they've made humans relevant again (anything other than Saurians) but I do think they're a little problematic, especially on larger ships. The hull regen doesn't really bother me but the devs seem to be trying their level best to invalidate VM.
After a bit of cursory testing with Reni, his 5 Human BOff's, and 9 ranks in Subsystem Repair... he cuts my 13.5 second VM3 to a flat 5 second disable. Phaser procs are reduced to sub-1 second subsystem disables.
Captain
# 13
02-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I've heard claims of 3%/second while in combat. That's basically a free HE always on if correct.

To OP sorry for the derail.
Captain
# 14
02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PQ09DUHc#gid=0

You can thank Maelwys whom I haven't seen around for a long time. Oh and beams will never out perform DHCs no matter the range assuming they are on equivalently geared and properly setup boats. Sadly the vast majority of people fail at math and rely on their 'guts'.

Oh and leadership is insanely good on a ship with the right number of crew. Not so high that they all die off and stay dead but not too low the restore rate is bad. Say the steamrunner is just about perfect in my experience for keeping a stupidly high regen rate in combat for me.
Career Officer
# 15
02-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PQ09DUHc#gid=0

You can thank Maelwys whom I haven't seen around for a long time. Oh and beams will never out perform DHCs no matter the range assuming they are on equivalently geared and properly setup boats. Sadly the vast majority of people fail at math and rely on their 'guts'.

Oh and leadership is insanely good on a ship with the right number of crew. Not so high that they all die off and stay dead but not too low the restore rate is bad. Say the steamrunner is just about perfect in my experience for keeping a stupidly high regen rate in combat for me.
TY for the link that's a nice sheet. It does show Beams outperforming DHC's at range and even being somewhat comparable at close range using the godawful FAW. But thats DBB's not arrays. Unless I missed a tab, I only see 3 for wep types. I like his bit on damage modifiers that always comes in handy though.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 16
02-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
I've heard claims of 3%/second while in combat. That's basically a free HE always on if correct.

3%/s - yep, just around there.

5 Human BOFFs. 181.9%/min in combat hull repair. That's with 117 Hull Repair (9 in Hull Repair with a single Blue Mk XI SIF (+17.5)). Somebody with Techie, other SIF gear, etc, etc, could bump that even higher. Heck, add in the DOFF for ET and Engineering Fleet...

The boat that I've got that on has 51351 hull. That's 1540/s.
My 125 Aux HE1 does 886/s. It's got a better heal than a constant HE1 running. Doesn't have the resist nor cleanse, but yeah - it's almost twice a full Aux HE1 without having to run full Aux.

Even with no able crew, it's still running around ~45%/min I believe - so it's still around 385/s. About 90/s less than my HE1 at 43 Aux...but running full time even if my crew are all disabled.

Last edited by virusdancer; 02-18-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
02-18-2013, 09:03 PM
You have to admit that that's like having an awesome bucket and just filling it with awesome and then having a stripper slide up to you crying becuase she's just COVERED in whipped cream and needs a hero to save her from a lathery fate.

Yah. I LIKE imagery.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 18
02-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post

Yup, its over 3% on my steammy, close to 4% on my cruisers. That is, my human tac + all human crew. On cruisers it can be even higher, cause I like to use SIF consoles sometimes.

I personally like it, it allows for some really nice passive regen builds. But maybe the subsystem repair part is too good.
Captain
# 19
02-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
TY for the link that's a nice sheet. It does show Beams outperforming DHC's at range and even being somewhat comparable at close range using the godawful FAW. But thats DBB's not arrays. Unless I missed a tab, I only see 3 for wep types. I like his bit on damage modifiers that always comes in handy though.
That sheet shows the performance of single weapons not actually groups or batteries of weapons which is what matters.

DHCs win because of how amazing turrets are and the weapon power drain mechanics. And a free +10 severity doesn't hurt either
Captain
# 20
02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Yup, its over 3% on my steammy, close to 4% on my cruisers. That is, my human tac + all human crew. On cruisers it can be even higher, cause I like to use SIF consoles sometimes.

I personally like it, it allows for some really nice passive regen builds. But maybe the subsystem repair part is too good.
But, 30-40% passive hull repair every 10 seconds isnt?