Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
09-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Wouldn't that be spoiling the surprise?

Actually, looks like it's the same reward tables used for the "Contain Outbreak" series.
The difference being... the "Contain Outbreak" ones show up occasionally, while the Field Test versions have worse odds of appearing than opening a lockbox and getting the top prize.

Maybe there's an error in the code. The future ones in the other chains don't show up unless you've completed the previous one... maybe for the Field Test ones, it's somehow unable to recognize or realize we've completed the 1st one?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Just a stupid thought. Maybe the availability is not the problem after all, but somehow players don't SEE the assignment offered?
Rihannsu
# 23
09-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom01 View Post
Just a stupid thought. Maybe the availability is not the problem after all, but somehow players don't SEE the assignment offered?
Not a new suggestion. One possibility mentioned earlier is that maybe there's too many assignments in that category and it's only displaying the first few. (thus hiding this one indefinately)
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 24
10-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately, this appears to be one of those strange bugs that I can't fix at the Assignment level. All of the data is correct, so if something has gone haywire then it probably has to do with our availability algorithms. I'm still attempting to understand how they're set up, and what could possibly be going wrong.

Somewhat related: This may be related to the issue where players claim a few other chain pieces are missing, like the Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar step that keeps getting mentioned.

We'll keep looking into it. Thanks for getting the word out about this potentially being a Known Issue.
Thanks for your attention to this issue Borticus, I hope it will be fixed so we can all finish this chain.

I don't know about the Jem'Hadar quest, I finished it and although some of the steps were
difficult to find, I did find them. These Biogenic Quests are the only ones that I've not finished.

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately, this appears to be one of those strange bugs that I can't fix at the Assignment level. All of the data is correct, so if something has gone haywire then it probably has to do with our availability algorithms. I'm still attempting to understand how they're set up, and what could possibly be going wrong.

Somewhat related: This may be related to the issue where players claim a few other chain pieces are missing, like the Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar step that keeps getting mentioned.

We'll keep looking into it. Thanks for getting the word out about this potentially being a Known Issue.
Since the chain seems to work on Fed side, could you please check for pieces of code in the algorithm similar to this:

if (Player.GetFactionName () == "KDF")
{
Player.SetScrewedState (true);
}

OR

if (Player.GetFactionName () == "KDF")
{
Assignment.SetAppearingChances (0);
}

and either comment out the SetScrewedState call or use the same value you use for the Fed faction in the SetAppearinChances call?
Ensign
# 26
03-22-2013, 12:56 PM
This still hasnt been fixed all my tunes need 2/2 on all their chains
Commander
# 27
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokshah View Post
This still hasnt been fixed all my tunes need 2/2 on all their chains
Mine too.
Lieutenant
# 28
03-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Cryptic is obsessed with new bug called Romulan faction this old bugs are like kids to them they could not live with out them. It never be solved , like more other thing in STO the list is very long long, this is 3 year beta test game LoL.
In the beginning there was all and then become nothing