Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Rank Slots
02-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Cyrptic,

This has probably been suggested before but it is much needed...

Right now there is 7 Fleet ranks available to any fleet. Would it possible to get 2 or 3 more, even if fleet leaders had to purchase them to unlock them? This would open up so many possibilities in our fleet alone, let alone all the hundreds of other fleets, it's a win-win situation for both of us.

Please give this some thought or pass it on to the developers for consideration.

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
Captain
# 2
02-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Actually this only seems like its a problem to large fleets. In my small fleet there's no need for 7 ranks let alone more and I dare say in most medium sized (25-100) fleets there's no need either. Maybe they can bring more ranks in when they give smaller fleets a helping hand =)
Career Officer
# 3
02-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Actually this only seems like its a problem to large fleets. In my small fleet there's no need for 7 ranks let alone more and I dare say in most medium sized (25-100) fleets there's no need either. Maybe they can bring more ranks in when they give smaller fleets a helping hand =)
Actually it probably doesn't matter to small fleets or medium fleets OR large fleets. Its how those fleets are structured. We are highly structured as we are a "working fleet".
  1. Fleet Leader
  2. Veteran - Members who donated their time (Reward Slot)
  3. Career Officer - Members who oversee a specific area of our fleet
  4. Senior Officer - Usually someone in command of a squad
  5. Junior Officer - Squad Members
  6. Crew - Casual players and alts
  7. Recruit - Probationary rank for all new members

So as you see I am at my max for what I want to do. We are a not a small fleet and we are not a medium fleet. We are somewhere in the middle. We are highly structured so additional ranks would help out considerably. Also, please read what Dan Stahl has said about "fleets" in general in their latest "Ask Cryptic".

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
Captain
# 4
02-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Yes I've just read it and it does say about additional projects and ranks in an update later. However I would say that if you had 500 members most of them would fall into the lowest 4 ranks with only about 10% being ranked higher. Unless you like to have ranks to flesh out the role playing, to actually work as a fleet, you really don't need more than 7 ranks and that includes a probation rank.

The fact is 90% of players will only need access to inviting to fleet and fleet maps, fleet stores and donating to projects. Banks are controlled in relation to rank but it all depends on how your bank is set up. Yes you will end up with a lot at low ranks but so long as they can use what they need and access what they want most will be happy.