Lt. Commander
# 2091
02-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
Did Stahl's account get hacked? He can't be *that* out of touch with the community right? He can't be serious with that request, right? RIGHT?!
oooh, this was my favorite part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
It seems he's asking us the same question we're asking him
Captain
# 2092
02-19-2013, 10:35 AM
the lack of replies from any of the devs/branflakes says it all tbh , the only thing holding my fleet back is fleetmarks and not dilithium . we need more ways of getting them and NOT less while still being fun dan
Career Officer
# 2093
02-19-2013, 10:37 AM
If nothing else...

This thread has certainly proved that Cryptic has learned masterfully, how to achieve an emotional tie with their STO players.

And also how to manipulate a part of the player base with the ease and skill of Fagin.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 5.0 years.
Ensign
# 2094
02-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
I would just like to point out again, this is your JOB, you get PAID for it. I don't get to have fun at my job either sir. THAT IS THE POINT
STOP THE GRIND: BRING BACK THE FUN!
Empire Veteran
# 2095
02-19-2013, 10:44 AM
I have a low spec machine Mister Stahl..for now its what I can afford... a dual core 2 gig e-machine is actually a better comp. (512k intel video in most of them)

Since the wrapper went away I no longer can get fleet marks to contribute to my fleets starbase. My machine is of such piddling quality that running with other players in a mission is pretty much a slide show... and an execise in frustration and dieing alot. (you do not do fleet missions AFK unlike a PUG STF...not that I would anyway, but perhapes you get the idea...?)

So I want to thank you for your well thought out and considered decision, and your consideration of all of your player base, ncluding myself. I especially want to thank you for the small fleets out there thaqt cannot put together the "average" 25 PLAYERS (not characters, players. There must be some utterly huge fleets out there. Tell me, do your demograhics account for INACTIVE accounts? I know my fleet doesn't have over 8 active players. The rest on the roster haven't played in over 2 years now)

I assume that we'll be able to purchase Fleet Marks directly for ZEN shortly?

*shakes head at the utter short sidedness of this particular executive decision*

Khemaraa sends.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Lt. Commander
# 2096
02-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick1992 View Post
I would just like to point out again, this is your JOB, you get PAID for it. I don't get to have fun at my job either sir. THAT IS THE POINT
And again, to me this points out some very serious issues within the walls of cryptic. Asking this question, when you have this much anger and resentment on the forums, is just a way to make it worse, and I think its done so.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
Ensign
# 2097
02-19-2013, 10:47 AM
I just want to give a shout out to Dan Stahl for making it crystal clear that I should spend more time in The Secret World and APB. Thanks, man!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2098
02-19-2013, 10:49 AM
As I stated 100s of threads before, additional Fleet Marks are coming.

Will Fleet Marks be added back to Foundry missions? Nope.

Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

We are not detailing that change until the patch notes hit.
Career Officer
# 2099
02-19-2013, 10:51 AM
*grabs popcorn*
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 2100
02-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.
Oh PLEASE increase the fleet mark rewarded in No Win Scenario! Pretty please with a Q on top? It will be added incentive for people to play such a fun and challenging mission.
Closed Thread