Career Officer
# 2131
02-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
God, why didn't he repost that *here*...

Aside from the fact that it skips by all of the other concerns in this thread, it is at least a decent post and not a bunch of unsubstantiated points.
I just asked the same question there.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 2132
02-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
As I stated 100s of threads before, additional Fleet Marks are coming.

Will Fleet Marks be added back to Foundry missions? Nope.

Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

We are not detailing that change until the patch notes hit.
We have been told repeatedly that you, dStahl and others, have been reading this thread.

Clearly that particular cake was a lie.

One of the most repeated criticisms of the recent change was based on the apparent non-desire to listen to feedback.

The change was released to tribble, generated 75 pages odd of feedback, absolutely none of which was acted on when it was sent live to holodeck.

Virtually all of the problems were found by the tribble testers, the boff slot problem, the 2 minute cooldown, the clear damage the FM decision would do to small fleets.

Absolutely none of it listened to, let alone acted on.

As other posters have said, this has moved beyond the attack on small fleets with the removal of the IOR/FM wrapper.

All of this released before a 3 day weekend.

Do you really have such a tin ear?

The tone of your response is comtemptuous of us, the player base.

The continuing secrecy you seem so attached to is not the solution, it is the problem.

And nowhere, absolutely nowhere, in your reply is any sense of apology.

Even your loyal community moderators are telling you that the secrecy is not helpful.

While your post was, undeniably, a reply. It is not an answer, not even close.
Ensign
# 2133
02-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
As I stated 100s of threads before, additional Fleet Marks are coming.

Will Fleet Marks be added back to Foundry missions? Nope.

Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

I am truely disgusted with this response.

Posters on this thread have spent hundreds of hours trying to express their concerns and ideas.

We all deserve better treatment.

Dan, if you can't be bothered, can you ask someone else please?

Shocking.
Captain
# 2134
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:

Aside from the fact that it skips by all of the other concerns in this thread, it is at least a decent post and not a bunch of unsubstantiated points.
It however doesn't deal with the fundamental problems facing fleet holdings, namely the complete lack of anything resembling fun in the fleet mark acquisition process, and the absolute disdain shown from the highest levels at even the suggestion that small and medium sized fleets be viable when it comes to finishing a starbase sometime this decade.
Empire Veteran
# 2135
02-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:

Wouldnt it be better to put these changes up on to a test server first and at least have a weeks worth of solid testing? Just in case the new addition of fleet marks might cause ships to explode in sector space whenever someone types in zone chat.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Career Officer
# 2136
02-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Too busy trying to get fleets to take time away from their grind to do the Harlem Shake.

At least he seemed to have learned from that ill-timed post.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Lt. Commander
# 2137
02-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
How about just for the great stories some of the foundry authors make? You shouldn't need a reward incentive just to play a foundry mission.
Thank you for proving my point. Remove all rewards from the foundry, all of them, loot, experience, EC. The reward is the story. Thats all you should need. That is all the foundry authors should need.

As for me, my experience with a set group of them, has soured the whole thing for me. My choice is to not reward them by playing anything from it, I don't want to condone the use of the foundry, at all.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Career Officer
# 2138
02-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I find it amazing after 200 pages and 2200 posts that all he got out of it was we're mad about Fleet Marks.

Oh Dan, you really need to start looking at the big picture...

On top of that, we get another patch in 2 days that's not on the Tribble server being tested AT THIS MOMENT. Want to bet more things get broken??

Do not let this man placate you with false hope. None of our major concerns were addressed, and in actuality, were glossed over with this hope that MAYBE the 'changes' being made on Thursday will fix the game. The smart people know they will not.

Do not be a machine programmed to grind. Do not let them tell you how long you should play their game every day/week like they have been. You are people who log onto Star Trek Online to have fun, Not grinding machines to be told by Cryptic you need to grind an average amount of hours per night/day/week to make what they deem necessary to advance yourself and your fleet. Their content is bug ridden. Workarounds have to be discovered by their players. They do not fix their bugs.

Maybe you should all read back over the 200 pages in this thread, read the opening remarks made by D.Stahl and remember why we're here in the first place...

Its not just about Fleet Marks...

Its about what this game is supposed to represent...
We are now in a gaming paradox created by Cryptic/PWE...

"You cannot win because you cannot get the rewards and

you cannot get the rewards because you cannot win."

Last edited by thebumble; 02-19-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 2139
02-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Wouldnt it be better to put these changes up on to a test server first and at least have a weeks worth of solid testing? Just in case the new addition of fleet marks might cause ships to explode in sector space whenever someone types in zone chat.
As noted several times in great detail, one of the biggest issues, and the reason it's suggested that TPTB don't listen to feedback, is that these problems are usually reported in detail by players on Tribble, then pushed to Holodeck without any fixes. I really don't know why they bother with Tribble at this point.

My fed sci has been flying around without boffs since the last patch. Even if I wanted to play the boring FM events, I couldn't.
Career Officer
# 2140
02-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzarquestion View Post
This just shows your sheer ignorance of the true heart of the matter. Some were petty. SOME. The vast majority here are sick and tired of the grind of this game, the lack of QA, and the forced playstyle. If you actually took the time to read AND understand, you will see this for yourself.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep fighting The Good Fight!
I've read the whole thread actually...

Have been keeping up since it first opened.

I just don't see any reason to get so worked up over an Online Computer Game.

Things have changed drastically many times since this games inception (including the company who owns it), this is just another change that has come along that has many players in a snit cause it isn't something they like.

A month or two from now there will be another change that causes an uproar and this one will slide to a back burner.

I've been around long enough to know that what I can't change or control, means I have to adapt or go find something else to do.

A game, is not something that I let get the best of my emotions...

Especially when that's one of the driving forces behind companies attempting to get my money.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-19-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Closed Thread