Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
I haven't bothered checking in a while, since it became a pointless exercise after the first 8 months.

But pretty much everytime I tried to edit the appearance of the Maruading exchange boff, a code error snapped this boff back to the appearance they had when I first acquired them.

Absolutely nothing (and I mean nothing!) can be edited.
Height, body shape, color, hairstyle, outfits, I tried it all!

And sometimes, I've seen abnormalities as well.

It's quite freaky to see a Trill transform into a clone of my Orion Tactical.

How long has this boff been available?
Since Marauding was added to the game?
I think that's long enough to expect a bugfix by now!
Rihannsu
# 2
02-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
I haven't bothered checking in a while, since it became a pointless exercise after the first 8 months.

But pretty much everytime I tried to edit the appearance of the Maruading exchange boff, a code error snapped this boff back to the appearance they had when I first acquired them.

Absolutely nothing (and I mean nothing!) can be edited.
Height, body shape, color, hairstyle, outfits, I tried it all!

And sometimes, I've seen abnormalities as well.

It's quite freaky to see a Trill transform into a clone of my Orion Tactical.

How long has this boff been available?
Since Marauding was added to the game?
I think that's long enough to expect a bugfix by now!
I wouldn't expect a UI bugfix until the character creator overhaul in May. Until then, you need to use the console to switch your uniform type to "Off Duty."
Career Officer
# 3
02-18-2013, 12:12 PM
There will be a character creator overhaul in May? Where did you hear that?
Career Officer
# 4
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
I wouldn't expect a UI bugfix until the character creator overhaul in May. Until then, you need to use the console to switch your uniform type to "Off Duty."
Um, it's a Bridge Officer!
Do they get off duty costumes?

I've looked at the console code to try and understand what happens.
Most of what I see is error codes related to the costume options and body parts.

As far as I've been able to determine, it is linked to Off-Duty costume options though.
To explain, what you receive is technically a Starfleet Officer, but because they're not part of Starfleet, this boff doesn't have access to the Starfleet Uniforms.
And since they're not KDF either, likewise, they don't have these either.
So, technically, they're restricted to offduty costume parts.
And maybe costume unlocks (like the temporal jumpsuit), but I haven't verified that as of this post time.

There was a bug I encountered on the Starfleet side which prevented me from making an off-duty costume.
I think this was rectified when offduty and duty were merged sometime back.

From just observation, a variant of this bug is what is preventing me from editing the appearance of the Maruader Boff, since pretty much all their costume selection is offduty Starfleet!
Rihannsu
# 5
02-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Um, it's a Bridge Officer!
Do they get off duty costumes?

I've looked at the console code to try and understand what happens.
Most of what I see is error codes related to the costume options and body parts.

As far as I've been able to determine, it is linked to Off-Duty costume options though.
To explain, what you receive is technically a Starfleet Officer, but because they're not part of Starfleet, this boff doesn't have access to the Starfleet Uniforms.
And since they're not KDF either, likewise, they don't have these either.
So, technically, they're restricted to offduty costume parts.
And maybe costume unlocks (like the temporal jumpsuit), but I haven't verified that as of this post time.

There was a bug I encountered on the Starfleet side which prevented me from making an off-duty costume.
I think this was rectified when offduty and duty were merged sometime back.

From just observation, a variant of this bug is what is preventing me from editing the appearance of the Maruader Boff, since pretty much all their costume selection is offduty Starfleet!
Ugh, never mind, the console command has been disabled. Without that method, I don't believe there is any workaround for the Renegade BOFF issue. Glad I customized mine when I had the chance...

Last edited by ashtaku; 02-18-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
02-19-2013, 11:24 AM
I think I knew about that method, but never really connected it with the BOFF issue.

All I knew is I could edit non-editable boffs in tailor, even though I never bothered to try.
Who wants a Jem'Hadar or a Reman to turn into a custom alien?

But seriously, it's not appropriate to use an exploit to fix a bug Cryptic should be fixing themselves.
Rihannsu
# 7
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
I think I knew about that method, but never really connected it with the BOFF issue.

All I knew is I could edit non-editable boffs in tailor, even though I never bothered to try.
Who wants a Jem'Hadar or a Reman to turn into a custom alien?

But seriously, it's not appropriate to use an exploit to fix a bug Cryptic should be fixing themselves.
This was a little different. There used to be a console command that let you manually change what type of costume you were editing. Originally, you could unlock the unrestricted developer's mode and mix and match pieces, but not surprisingly that got shut off pretty fast. Until about a week ago, however, you could still switch to a "valid" costume type. The was a safe workaround for the bug that reset all your sliders when you changed your captain's outfit type, and it was also the only way to set a BOFF to "Off Duty," which was neccessary for customizing Renegade BOFFs earned through the Marauding tree.

Sadly, it appears that the 2/14 patch shut off the command entirely, so the last avenue to customize Renegades is gone - at least until the underlying problem is fixed.

As for the workaround being an exploit -- in its original form that allowed mix-and-match costumes I kind of agree with you (but not really, because the whole concept of costume types is a terrible kludge that should be removed from the game ASAP), but in the crippled form that existed until 2/14 I don't see any moral objection to it. It was just a console command that let you do something you were supposed to be able to do otherwise, had the UI been working correctly. Not that it matters, though, since the console command has been shut off.

Last edited by ashtaku; 02-19-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 8 Error Codes
03-03-2013, 01:30 PM
it's time to end this bug.

This has been persisting for far too long!

Here's the error codes I see in console:
Marauding BOFF console error codes

Does anyone know who is the Dev responsible for costumes?

I think it's time to contact them directly, since repeated GM petitions are achieving nothing.