Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 33
# 101
02-19-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm with you.

I only play one KDF and one FED. I won't play the KDF episodes because of black screen bug. What I can and will do is change the names of my ships to "Disenchanted." I suggest others who cannot earn the title do the same.

This may have been recommended by someone else by now. I didn't read the whole thread yet.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
# 102
02-19-2013, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboxisred View Post
I'm with you.

I only play one KDF and one FED. I won't play the KDF episodes because of black screen bug. What I can and will do is change the names of my ships to "Disenchanted." I suggest others who cannot earn the title do the same.

This may have been recommended by someone else by now. I didn't read the whole thread yet.
This is a very good idea !

I got KDF toons here that havent done episodes yet, and fed toons taht would use the title but can't.

My feds and KDF ships are going to be named Disenchanted !
A Disenchanted player
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 33
# 103
02-19-2013, 04:59 AM
Two things I would like to add/point out:

1. Just imagine a large fleet of ships all named Disenchanted then remember back to those episodes of DS9 that displayed huge Fed and KDF fleets.

2. I believe that we should not discount all the hard work that the developers have already done on the Big May Update (henceforth referred to as the BMU). I have no doubt that they have been busting their respective butts to get that done and I think it best that we realize this. That being the case the BMU could very well go live and leave us in greater disappointment than now, even if our appeal is agreed to. Perhaps it would be best to take it upon ourselves to make that concession sooner rather than later. The developers work as hard as any of us and they should be respected for their efforts even if we find the results lacking. I'm suggesting that we start from a basis of mutual respect in this endeavor and then let their actions from that point onward dictate the increase or decrease of said respect.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 104
02-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboxisred View Post
Two things I would like to add/point out:

1. Just imagine a large fleet of ships all named Disenchanted then remember back to those episodes of DS9 that displayed huge Fed and KDF fleets.

2. I believe that we should not discount all the hard work that the developers have already done on the Big May Update (henceforth referred to as the BMU). I have no doubt that they have been busting their respective butts to get that done and I think it best that we realize this. That being the case the BMU could very well go live and leave us in greater disappointment than now, even if our appeal is agreed to. Perhaps it would be best to take it upon ourselves to make that concession sooner rather than later. The developers work as hard as any of us and they should be respected for their efforts even if we find the results lacking. I'm suggesting that we start from a basis of mutual respect in this endeavor and then let their actions from that point onward dictate the increase or decrease of said respect.
The 'Disenchanted' fleet is a wonderful idea! I'll change all my ship names accordingly

I don't want anyone to feel obliged to do this though since people love their ships and the names they give them - the title seemed the simplest way of getting our message across.

This does give the Federation players an opportunity to show their support though so to anyone that joins us, thank you!!

Regarding being appreciative of the Devs efforts - of course we are. They go into work every day and work (probably) long hours to grow this game, add new ships, new worlds and new things for us to do.

With something like the May update, I suspect the die has already been cast but what this campaign wants to achieve is Cryptic genuinely listening to the player-base's concerns and acting on them - and for May, that means taking note of the feedback from Tribble and changing their plans/systems accordingly.

Season 7 was disastrous because all its faults were identified and pointed out to the Devs well ahead of its release - and all these suggestions - all these hours spent testing the game for free for the benefit of the Devs and other players were wasted and ignored.

Aside from testing/feedback - we need more Community Managers. Brandon does a great job but there's two factions in this game, both with their own unique content and issues - there's also a PvP community that's desperately in need of attention for it to grow and flourish.

Each of these areas needs a dedicated Community Rep and more than that, needs a Dev assigned specifically to issues affecting that area. The KDF have been very patient - and we'll continue to be patient and supportive if we see things that affect us every day slowly getting fixed.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 02-19-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16
# 105
02-19-2013, 06:31 AM
Done on my Klink toon.

My favourite Fed title is Moist... if I could find a way to make it relevant to this....
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,525
# 106
02-19-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post


And also, isn't it frowned upon to protest? At least in this game (for whatever reason)?
The greatest actions that have shaped history have always been done by the one, with the help of a few or many. All it needs is a single protest to get it rolling.

Be it real life or cyberspace.

LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 107
02-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
The greatest actions that have shaped history have always been done by the one, with the help of a few or many. All it needs is a single protest to get it rolling.

Be it real life or cyberspace.
Let's not get above ourselves - we're dealing with First-World Problems here

But the sentiment is true - we're as powerless as we choose to be.

Thank you everyone that's joined our cause or just posted their feedback!! Please keep this campaign moving by talking to your friends and fleet-mates

*Edit* U.S.S. Damocles, I.K.S. Gorig and the I.K.S. Asimov are all now 'Disenchanted'
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 02-19-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 303
# 108
02-19-2013, 12:55 PM
I read now this thread in aprox 4 hours I am in my home... i will change the name ships for my 6 fed toon and the title and name ships for my 16 kdf toons

I want for all check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

I hope that link no was a problem with the rules

Qapla'
Expand, or die.
Support: Ferengi cross faction!!


Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 109
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsudo View Post
I read now this thread in aprox 4 hours I am in my home... i will change the name ships for my 6 fed toon and the title and name ships for my 16 kdf toons

I want for all check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

I hope that link no was a problem with the rules

Qapla'
Thank you tarsudo!! Links to stuff like youtube videos are fine

Qapla'!!!
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 104
# 110
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Just as soon as Lothar Ofthe Hillpeople, commander of the good ship SNL's Revenge, completes that quest I'll change his title.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.