Lt. Commander
# 31
10-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLZBUB49 View Post
Thanks kylejac_05...saved me the work of translating/posting the Google translated version!

One of note to me personally:

I really hope that from my location (central Canada) that I will not have to be constantly switching from east/west servers to keep alongside my fleet team mates.
It won't be like that. Its based on hom many people there are not where they are.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejac_05 View Post
I used Google Translator, it's not perfect, but you get the general idea of what was said.

Want to see Spock? Want to feed the Tribble from his hands (do not do this!)? Want to surf the cosmos in search of new worlds? "If all the answers you gave the answer" yes ", then you are probably a fan of« Star Trek'a », and so looking forward to the project« Cryptic Studios »under the name, it is easy to guess" Star Trek Online ».Even if you did not know about the existence of the cult television series, it is not terrible, join, and perhaps want to find a new civilization or shlestnutsya comic battle.

Huge privetische our friends from Mmogaming.ru, who had settled on the other side of the Atlantic. My name is Daniel Stahl (Daniel Stahl), <BR>I - producer «Star Trek Online». I am very pleased to answer questions of interest for the «Star Trek Online».

Mmogaming.ru: Will there be a plot? Narrative of the mission?

Daniel Stahl:Work on the «Star Trek Online» gorgeous, it has a vast amount, I would even say a library of stories, which familiar to many fans of films and serials. When we do stories that take place in «STO» we often find inspiration in the old episodes.Most of your career as captain will include mission-related, together, formed into episodes. Each episode is presented on 45 minutes to an hour of play, like a TV episode. Some of the episodes - a big part of history that is revealed gradually during the game.

Mmogaming.ru: Will there be craft?

Daniel Stahl: When we discuss the various features for games, we often turn to TVshou to know that it makes sense to incorporate into the universe of STO. When it comes to crafting and stellar fleet availability replekatorskih technologies make traditional craft IMO somewhat outdated.I do not think that any game in the inventory can accommodate a sufficient number of components, which would have required you to build a starship. In the future, if you need anything, you recreate it.Hopefully next time by finding a planet where the problem with medicine, you will have enough of reproductive rate and enough knowledge to make medicines. Do not forget that Star Fleet provides mission to explore new worlds, seek new forms of life and civilization.In some cases, you must, but come back with a study that found.

Mmogaming.ru: Will realized boarding? If it is, how it will look like?

Daniel Stahllayers will have the chance to go to the boarding of other spacecraft, whether to initiate an investigation, to recapture Starfleet vessel or rescue the kidnapped diplomat.For example, one of the first missions where you go to boarding a transport ship «Azura» to save the team by moving it in a safe place before the damaged reactor of the ship to destroy everything.

Mmogaming.ru: All very interesting, which imposes the death of print on the character.What is the penalty if the character will die?

Daniel Stahl: Death of a player in video games has never been realistic from the very days when there were arcade machines, where each coin thrown at him gave you 3 lives.IMO no, but we do not want your character ever leaving the game world with a huge inscription «GAME OVER» in the middle of the screen. As an example, when your character gets enough damage, he falls to the floor unconscious, in the hope that other team members will be able to save his.If they do, then you can return to battle, but if not, then you return to the last checkpoint on the map, with your back and the team.

Mmogaming.ru: Will there be any special events?

Daniel Stahl: The Series Star Trek TV, they found that the galaxy is furrowed many hostile creatures.We hope to surprise some players, something that they would not be expected patrolling outer space Federation. We also hope you can see the stylized Star Trek Event, which may remind favorite episodes. I am sure everyone is familiar - what is the risk of feed Tribble.

Mmogaming.ruast, developers have announced that in addition to conventional voice chat and video chat will be in the game. Everything remains in force?

Daniel Stahl: Players have a tendency to complete their various functional third-party voice programs, and most established gaming guilds have their own server.We do not intend to integrate the head chat. Most of the players who want this integration has already found a better solution.

Mmogaming.ru: What kaplvl in the game? How long would a regular player to achieve it?

Daniel Stahl:Let us cast away the levels, «Star Trek Online» more skillorientirovannaya game where you raise the level of skills and increases in the ranks of the Navy, which will unlock new features, better equipment and better ships. Your career is moving from second lieutenant to the admiral of the fleet.Again showed himself in Starfleet, you can always count on the team. In STO captain is responsible for teaching and training the vast spectrum of skills and tactics, which need a team to advance their individual careers.Most casual players may never reach the rank of admiral and wander in the galaxy on their class ships Miranda. It all depends on how much time the player wants to invest to povyt his rank.

Mmogaming.ru: How often will release a new add-ons? On what basis they will be distributed?

Daniel Stahl:«Cryptic Studios» has a rich history of the issue of content updates to players. «Star Trek Online» already has a plan for updates, which will be released after the launch, but we are not ready to talk about it. At the moment our eyes fixed on the running game.

Mmogaming.ru: Will there be pets?

Daniel Stahl:We must consider this issue from two sides. If you believe that your officers - pets, which can train and raise a level, then of course everyone has zhivotinok. If the question is whether you can have a Tribble, the official answer - maybe.

Mmogaming.ru:«Star Trek Online» is a single universe (an array of server consolidation), or divided into multiple servers (as in WOW, Lineage etc.)?
Daniel Stahl: «STO» will be one big universe, where everyone is.We have a limit on how many players will be on location, before it will fetch a different channel, but you can quickly find your friends, no matter where they are located.

Mmogaming.ru: Thank you very much for the interview, success with the launch of and tests.

Daniel Stahl: Thanks again for the opportunity to ask us questions.We expect everyone in the game, and if you have not registered for betatest, make sure you do it on www.startrekonline.com.
Thanks for the translation! Even if it is not perfect, it helped out a lot!
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-07-2009, 09:26 PM
"

...When we discuss the various features for games, we often turn to TVshou to know that it makes sense to incorporate into the universe of STO. When it comes to crafting and stellar fleet availability replekatorskih technologies make traditional craft IMO somewhat outdated.I do not think that any game in the inventory can accommodate a sufficient number of components, which would have required you to build a starship."

I basically read this as "because there is replicator technology having traditional crafting would not make sense" ... So I guess that means no crafting? Anyone want to comment on this?? Am I way off base?
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey everyone here is the same post posted by Awen Cryptic Studios and linked from Mmogaming.ru
All of it was in Russian so I simply posted it in English with Dictionary.com Translator.
Enjoy…

Want to see Spock? Want to feed the Tribble from his hands (do not do this!)? Want to surf the cosmos in search of new worlds? If all the answers you gave the answer "yes", then you are probably a fan of «Star Trek'a», and so looking forward to the project «Cryptic Studios» known as guessed «Star Trek Online».? Even if you did not know about the existence of the cult television series, it is not terrible, join, and perhaps want to find a new civilization or shlestnutsya comic battle.

Huge privetische our friends from Mmogaming.ru, who had settled on the other side of the Atlantic. My name is Daniel Stahl (Daniel Stahl), I - producer «Star Trek Online». I am very pleased to answer questions of interest for the «Star Trek Online».

Mmogaming.ru: Will there be a plot? Narrative of the mission?

Daniel Stahl: Work on the «Star Trek Online» gorgeous, it has a vast amount, I would even say a library of stories, which familiar to many fans of films and serials. When we do stories that take place in «STO» we often find inspiration in the old episodes.
Most of your career as captain will include mission-related, together, formed into episodes. Each episode is presented on 45 minutes to an hour of play, like a TV episode. Some of the episodes - a big part of history that is revealed gradually during the game.

Daniel Stahl: When we discuss the various features for games, we often turn to TVshou to know that it makes sense to incorporate into the universe of STO. When it comes to crafting and stellar fleet availability replekatorskih technologies make traditional craft IMO somewhat outdated. I do not think that the inventory of any game can accommodate a sufficient number of components, which would need to build a starship. In the future, if you need anything, you recreate it. Hopefully next time finding a planet on which the problem with medicine, you will have enough of reproductive rate and enough knowledge to make medicines. Do not forget that Star Fleet provides mission to explore new worlds, seek new forms of life and civilization. In some cases, you must, but come back with a study that found it.

Mmogaming.ru: Will realized boarding? If it is, how it will look like?

Daniel Stahl: Players will have the chance to go to the boarding of other spacecraft, whether to initiate an investigation, to recapture the ship Starfleet or rescue the kidnapped diplomat. For example, one of the first missions where you go to boarding a transport ship «Azura» to save the team, moving it to a safe place, before the damaged reactor of the ship to destroy everything.

Mmogaming.ru: All very interesting, which imposes a death mark on the character. What penalty will be receive at player death?

Daniel Stahl: Death of a player in video games has never been realistic from the very days when there were arcade machines, where each coin thrown at him gave you 3 life. IMO no, but we do not want your character ever leaving the game world with a huge inscription «GAME OVER» in the middle of the screen. As an example, when your character gets enough damage, he falls to the floor unconscious in the hope that other team members will be able to save him. If they do, then you can return to the battle, but if not, then you return to the last checkpoint on the map, with your back and the team.

Mmogaming.ru: Will there be any special events?

Daniel Stahl: In the Star Trek TV series, they found that the galaxy is furrowed many hostile creatures. We hope to surprise some players, something that they would not be expected patrolling outer space Federation.
We also hope you can see the stylized Star Trek Event, which may remind favorite episodes. I am sure everyone is familiar - what is the risk of feed Tribble.

Mmogaming.ru: past, developers have announced that in addition to conventional voice chat and video chat will be in the game. All remain in force?

Daniel Stahl: Players have a tendency to complete their various functional third-party voice programs, and most established gaming guilds have their own server. We do not intend to integrate the head chat. Most players who want this integration has already found a better solution.

Mmogaming.ru: What kaplvl in the game? How long would a regular player to achieve it?

Daniel Stahl: Let us cast away the levels, «Star Trek Online» more skillorientirovannaya game where you raise the level of skills and increases in the ranks of the Navy, which will unlock new features, better equipment and better ships. Your career is moving from second lieutenant to the admiral of the fleet.
Again showed himself in Starfleet, you can always count on the team. In STO captain is responsible for teaching and training the vast spectrum of skills and tactics, which need a team to advance their individual careers.
Most casual players may never reach the rank of admiral and wander in the galaxy on their class ships Miranda. It all depends on how much time the player wants to invest to povyt his rank.

Mmogaming.ru: How often will release a new add-ons? On what basis they will be distributed?

Daniel Stahl: «Cryptic Studios» has a rich history of the issue of content updates to players. «Star Trek Online» already has a plan for updates, which will be released after the launch, but we are not ready to talk about it. At the moment our eyes fixed on the running game.

Mmogaming.ru: Will there be pets?
Daniel Stahl: We have to consider this issue from two sides. If you believe that your officers - pets, which can train and raise a level, then of course everyone has zhivotinok. If the question is whether you can have a Tribble, the official answer - maybe.

Mmogaming.ru: «Star Trek Online» is a single universe (an array of server consolidation), or divided into multiple servers (as in WOW, Lineage etc.)?

Daniel Stahl: «STO» will be one big universe, where each is located. We have a limit on how many players will be on location, before it will fetch a different channel, but you can quickly find your friends, no matter where they are located.

Mmogaming.ru: Thank you very much for the interview, success with the launch and testing.

Daniel Stahl: Thanks again for the opportunity to ask us questions. We expect everyone in the game, and if you have not registered for betatest, make sure you do it on www.startrekonline.com.

I want to thank Daniel Stahla, as well as Chris Clark (Chris Clarke) for the interview. Message edited Fallen_Angel - Yesterday, 08:52 PM -------------------- We have built a real world, transforming it into squalor, is now building an virtual, hoping for the best ... (c) FA.

Also no disrespect to forum member kylejac_05
I just seen it as I was posting to this forum, We all are in the same area trying to do something help out.(=
Here is the link to his forum post click here

Here is a joke if you like it please comment. if you all remember the picture from the Star Trek Online: Win A Closed Beta Key Contest by IncGamers click here

The first time Spock ever lies.

Captain James T Kirk: Umm, Spock what did you hit? Umm, nothing captain. Kirk looks at Spock, Spock raises eyebrow.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-07-2009, 09:36 PM
www.online-translator.com will also do it, funny reading russian syntax though....
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Intresting read even if it is a bit odd translation but good info there im very intrested. ill take my info on this game in any language i can get it
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentZnet View Post
"

...When we discuss the various features for games, we often turn to TVshou to know that it makes sense to incorporate into the universe of STO. When it comes to crafting and stellar fleet availability replekatorskih technologies make traditional craft IMO somewhat outdated.I do not think that any game in the inventory can accommodate a sufficient number of components, which would have required you to build a starship."

I basically read this as "because there is replicator technology having traditional crafting would not make sense" ... So I guess that means no crafting? Anyone want to comment on this?? Am I way off base?
i think there will be crafting but not the classic 1 you see in all the other mmo were you first grind the maths then craft x ammount of silver rings to get 20 skill pionts to go to the next item on the list to max it out.

dunno what the system might look like but it just might be you learn how to make a part then use x ammount of energy to make the part with the replicator and then have to use those parts to build a item.

but yeah it could also mean crafting wont be very big in sto.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Ya, sounded like it was more based on reproductive rate and knowledge for the replicator.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-08-2009, 12:41 AM
awesome stuff, I hope we get to have a pet pet in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Thank god for Google Translate!
Bu the bit about pets, how good would it be to have a pet targ?