Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 31
02-19-2013, 07:03 AM
If the new Syfy show Defiance, which is being developed alongside the MMO Defiance, in which both projects reference each other, maybe this can give the Studio Execs a reason to do a Star Trek series that interacts with Star Trek Online.
Rihannsu
# 32
02-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
This is my own personal opinion, but considering that Paramount owns the movie "trilogy" (as JJ has referred to it), and CBS owns the TV series, then I wouldn't say that it is a foregone conclusion that any new TV series would have to be in the "new" timeline.

The vast majority of the fiction being written both in novels and in STO are in the prime timeline. It wouldn't surprise me to see Bad Robot do something as a series, but it wouldn't surprise me to see CBS do something either.

We've already told CBS that if they were to ever consider a new TV series, we would be thrilled to work with them on crossovers with STO. But that is a big pie in the sky right now.
Hmm.. would be interesting for CBS to go head to head with Defiance when it comes out with the TV + MMO as well.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Commander
# 33
02-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It could be the Enterprise. The Titan. The Odyssey. I'm cool with whatever.
No, it doesn't need to be the Enterprise, though I'd love to see a series set ten years or so after Nemesis with an Enterprise-E refitted with a third nacelle (I realize that by con standards the "future Enterprise" never really existed).

As far as I'm concerned, they only need to stay true to the television series and movies. I don't even care if they're consistent with Enterprise; nothing against Scott Bakula or any of the cast (I still watch Lord of Illusions if I ever see it on), but the whole series was poorly conceived, and if anything seemed a little bit like a Voyager-lite.

But the books, games, etc. (even STO, sorry Cryptic) are little more than fanfic, IMO. If the books focusing on the Titan can provide ideas for the series, great, but I would hope they'd have the sense not to try to remain true to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Some interesting data points:

The series that very nearly was: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...Final_Frontier
Darker future...definitely a big plus.

Last edited by millimidget; 02-19-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Captain
# 34
02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
If the new Syfy show Defiance, which is being developed alongside the MMO Defiance, in which both projects reference each other, maybe this can give the Studio Execs a reason to do a Star Trek series that interacts with Star Trek Online.
I am hoping for this,.. that would be totally awesome to experience a Trek show episodes or the stories in between alongside with the MMO.
Captain
# 35
02-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
This is my own personal opinion, but considering that Paramount owns the movie "trilogy" (as JJ has referred to it), and CBS owns the TV series, then I wouldn't say that it is a foregone conclusion that any new TV series would have to be in the "new" timeline.

The vast majority of the fiction being written both in novels and in STO are in the prime timeline. It wouldn't surprise me to see Bad Robot do something as a series, but it wouldn't surprise me to see CBS do something either.

We've already told CBS that if they were to ever consider a new TV series, we would be thrilled to work with them on crossovers with STO. But that is a big pie in the sky right now.
Seeing an animated series loosely based off of the events of STO and the Novel-verse would be just awesome. Hell, Ragnanok did it. Sadly, I think CBS is currently riding on the JJverse as the future of Star Trek, as welcome as the Prime Universe would be.

To end on a hopeful note, if a dedicated enough group of talented fans made an animated series themselves and then sold it to CBS which then marketed it, I could see that happening even if it is a shot in the dark.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
02-19-2013, 11:36 AM
I do not know if anyone has seen the Tintin movie, but the "graphics" were amazing, and if we could do that for Star Trek, I can see a really good series coming (providing a good writer is used)
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 37
02-19-2013, 12:57 PM
isnt the entity that owns paramont studios own CBS? i heard along time ago that they were the same company or ownership. like pwe is to cryptic.
Captain
# 38
02-19-2013, 03:30 PM
I would prefer it take place after ST6 and show a lot more to do with the Klingons and to fill the gaps and holes with the Feds.

When it comes to basing it off a game I would prefer Starfleet Command 2 Empires at War.I ma tired of seeing TNG.

@above CBS owns Paramount entity in ? was Viacom
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 02-19-2013 at 03:32 PM.