Career Officer
# 41
02-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society."
- Attributed to Oliver Wendell Holmes.

One may argue, but the epicness of the mustache proves them wrong.
It is a known law of the universe that more outrageous the mustache, the more the wearer is absolutely right about everyting.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
# 42
02-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I had a fall in the bad weather so I was unavailable

and yes there is a strong possibility that removal of the Persian empire from history would create lasting global peace

its only a theory of course

Another popular one is that to prevent wars you have to prevent the Existance of the concept of nation
I'm pretty sure people have been killing other people from the moment we fell out of the trees and started picking up rocks. Nations and empires are just people getting organized to kill more people. Blaming world wars on the Persians is akin to blaming religious tensions on the Prophet Mohamed. There were wars long before the Persian Empire ever existed. And there will be wars long after.

Conflict is part of the human condition. Some would argue, the most essential part.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Alter first homosapiens dna with feline dna.
Yay! Caitians.
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
02-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
I'd be most worried about fire.

Because if I suddenly appeared in a flash of light in some 14th century village I'd almost certainly be denounced for sorcery and witchcraft and summarilly burned at the stake.
More likely you would be hailed as a visiting saint/Angel and given a bowl of soup

if threatened with the fire for witch craft stand in the open
in full view of EVERYONE and speak aloud

"If I be a Witch then let god Strike me down NOW with his full fury , But I am no a witch and I swear as God Lives that anyone who calls me one is a liar and a blasphemer"

(trust me this works)
Captain
# 45
02-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
More likely you would be hailed as a visiting saint/Angel and given a bowl of soup

if threatened with the fire for witch craft stand in the open
in full view of EVERYONE and speak aloud

"If I be a Witch then let god Strike me down NOW with his full fury , But I am no a witch and I swear as God Lives that anyone who calls me one is a liar and a blasphemer"

(trust me this works)
Solvax! Good to see you posting in my threads again.

On a slightly more professional note I would use time travel to find out what kinds of music our ancient ancestors listened too.

But then I would sell that info for craptons of money.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
02-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Solvax! Good to see you posting in my threads again.

On a slightly more professional note I would use time travel to find out what kinds of music our ancient ancestors listened too.

But then I would sell that info for craptons of money.
But we know what kind of music they had.
Republic Veteran
# 47
02-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirtdd View Post
Alter first homosapiens dna with feline dna.
Yay! Caitians.
Why not Avian, I want wings...then again we might end up being big Dodos

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 48
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Probably go forward far enough for technology to be able to reduce time machine into a module within a suit of powered armour (self-perpetuating supply of course), then go back and tell myself to get a frakkin go kart and start racing

Or stay in the future a while longer, build a working mobile suit, bring it back, go to Diver city and say:

"Mine's better... it works trololololololol!"
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Captain
# 49
02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
So what would I use time travel for? In combination with personal cloaking/phase shifting technology, I'd use it to go back into the past and observe many events... such as certain assassinations where the identity of the assassins remains a mystery. Or that one murder case way back when five women met their ends at the hands of a killer. Or better yet, I'd observe how the wheel was invented! And I'd write books on what I saw and if possible show evidence that what I've seen actually happen.
Career Officer
# 50
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
I know I'm just the local school bus fanatic, but time travel and the like facinate me.

My personal uses for time travel would be to observe historical events that catch my interest, primarily milestones in the Space Race up to the loss of Columbia in 2003.

Pratical uses, however, I see some lunatic changing the course of history or some wannabe "hero" completely mucking up the time line.

On that note however, I'm also one who believes that for ever possible course of action, a reality with that outcome exists. So the alteration of the time line, in how I believe, would result in the person returning to the altered time line, much like how Back to the Future II and JJ-Trek played out. There exists a point of intersection for the two time lines, but everything beyond that point is altered, thus allowing someone from Timeline A to exist in Timeline B.

But that's two cents worth of a bus's take on temporal mechanics on time travel.