Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
# 31
02-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It would open up a tinsy bit of time on the dev team so they can develop that Romulan faction?
Funny. Looking at your avatar, are you who I think you are?
If so, you been missed.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 32
02-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatyanasergei View Post
It's posts like these that make me wish we had a like button.

The Federation posters need to stop acting like self-righteous jerks. They rage just as much whenever the KDF gets something that is actually good.
Exactly the point. No faction is free of the bitchy whine crying stains. To act otherwise is a loe.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulabajones View Post
To be clear: no, I was not actually seriously suggesting STO delete the KDF faction.

It's true that 5 DHC or 4 DHC + 1 QHC would drain energy more than usual. It's also true that the Kumari doesn't have the best boff setup. I don't actually think this Kumari breaks the game or that STO is over for KDF.

The point is that yet again, new content added to the game is... not just Fed side, but ONLY Fed side. Instead of 2 Fed-only ships available only through the Fed side c-store having 5 tactical consoles, they're getting another. On top of that, they're getting the only 5 fore weapon ship in the entire game. The ship itself will require some creative piloting to optimize it, but that doesn't change the glaring fact that Cryptic seems to have continued to forget there's a KDF faction these 3 years.

It's also pretty typical to expect a handful of snotty replies from Fed players when anyone points out that there is a severely underdeveloped faction in STO. I realize Fed players mostly only excel at failing STF optionals, and that we'll probably won't have much to fear from Fed players who generally are terrible at PVE and PVP even with a 5 fore-gun ship, but it's still extremely not cool that yet again, KDF gets nothing. Not even a carbon copy. Sad.
I don't consider this to be the third 5 tac.consoles ship on the Fed. side, as the Boff layout on the one that has the 5 tac.consoles is not serious.

My point was that we knew that the Kumari is definitely comming for at least 8 months now if not more. We also knew that it was prepared without KDF counterpart. And we knew that it would be a 3-pack for at least 2 months. So I don't see a point in losing any sleep over this now.
Especially because it's not something the KDF can't counter. I was afraid that they'd release it as a broadside battle-cruiser. Now that would be something to be upset about not recieving counterpart.

Personally, I'd go with not having any new KDF ships in a year or more as a tradeoff for more Klingon unique story and content. And I'd be more upset if the KDF got carbon copy of a Fed. ship more than not getting one. I don't like the copy-paste approach.

Yes, Feds. get more ships. But, remember, that is what makes KDF captains generaly better at PvP - we get to know our ships really well as opposed to your common Fed. that changes a ship every 3 weeks or so.
Captain
# 34
02-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Funny. Looking at your avatar, are you who I think you are?
If so, you been missed.
Yes, Roach. It is me, Superchum, back.

I was playing with lightsabers when I got bored and then watched some Voyager episodes on netflix instant, and pined for a Star Trek video game. Then I got an email telling me about the third anniversary and the Ambassador, and I jumped back in.

Game's a lot different. Way more grindy.

But I still have fun with it. Took me awhile to get used to the game's complex skills and boff powers.

And I'm way behind on like DOFF stacking and just learned they fixed leadership and Lethean BOFFs have efficient.

On the other hand, I still remember how EPS Flow Regulators work so that puts me way ahead of half of the new players around here.

Captain
# 35
02-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
It's about not screaming "To hell with KDF" over this.
Everyone has their breaking point though. For some it's putting amazing Klingon opera in a FED mission. For others it's not having a 5 tac console ship even available as a choice. It changes from player to player.

Quote:
Personally, I'd go with not having any new KDF ships in a year or more as a tradeoff for more Klingon unique story and content.
If you're referring to Stahl's teasers about the new "update" - slash - "season" ... I just want to point out he teased the same hype and promotional chatter for season 4.

If Story Content additions are what you want for the KDF, you should at this time be far more upset than the OP is about the new tactical andorian ship 3-pack. Heh. Cryptic's been playing the Role of Lucy to the KDF's Charlie Brown putting the football of KDF "Content" down for us to kick and miss for almost the entire three years this game's been around.
Empire Veteran
# 36
02-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:

If you're referring to Stahl's teasers about the new "update" - slash - "season" ... I just want to point out he teased the same hype and promotional chatter for season 4.

If Story Content additions are what you want for the KDF, you should at this time be far more upset than the OP is about the new tactical andorian ship 3-pack. Heh. Cryptic's been playing the Role of Lucy to the KDF's Charlie Brown putting the football of KDF "Content" down for us to kick and miss for almost the entire three years this game's been around.
Its true, sadly very much so - but Im a sucker for hope.

My hope is that oneday Cryptic will stop the pandering and make sto a complete game representing all fans
Captain
# 37
02-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Don't delete them and don't complete them, either! Because I'm sure either way would mean nerfs to Marauding and I really need my four contraband mules to survive!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 38
02-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
My hope is that oneday Cryptic will stop the pandering and make sto a complete game representing all fans
Me too. I still get a huge thrill out of the sound effects my Siege Destroyer makes when it shifts into Siege mode.

And as a tribute to my late father, who was a huge fan of the Worf episodes on TNG and who I once bought a Bat'Leth for when I took him to a Trek Convention back in the 90s, I made a new Klingon Engineer when I got back to the game.

So I'm still trying.
Lieutenant
# 39
02-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Survivor of Romulus
# 40
02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:

Nah, I wasn't referring to the potenital "KDF season". I have adopted the "wait and see" approach on that.
I was referring to the KDF getting less ships than Fed. I'm used to it and it doesn't surprise me any more. I'd trade new ships for new genuine content any day.

Why should I be upset about the Kumari? How does that relate to story-content?? And what does that have to do with decieving the KDF over new content?
Closed Thread