Lt. Commander
# 51
10-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendal View Post
From my translation you can see that its not that one mission will last 40 minutes but several missions together will make up an episode of 40-60 minutes
It was early for me - I really did mean episode there. It doesnt surprise me that things are broken up this way. It makes sense from a PoV of story progression. Most TV episodes are broken up into segments and usually there is some sort of chapter conclusion at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendal
Once you prove yourself to the Starfleet, you can always count get a crew. In STO captain is responsible for teaching and training the vast spectrum of skills and tactics, which the crew needs to advance their individual careers. Most casual players may never reach the rank of admiral and wander in the galaxy on their Miranda class ships. It all depends on how much time the player wants to invest to raise his rank.
I sure hope this implies either a LOT of crafted content or one really good random content generator. I dont really care how long it takes to get to admiral but I certainly hope it doesnt ever feel like grinding.

*edit - per this interview it is implied that they have the content thing under control
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
And is it just me or is there a giant "!" over the Gorn's head?
That's what it looks like to me, as well. It *might* be the Gorn's final reaction which then initiate's combat OR maybe he's surprised because he shot a holodeck version of his enemy and the "real" enemy is the second person (with the "shield" around his head). Just speculating, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nean800 View Post
Thank god for Google Translate!
Bu the bit about pets, how good would it be to have a pet targ?

I want the Monster Dog from ST III, are you listening out there STO Staff? HINT HINT!
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersaint View Post
In STO, you control your pets.

In Russia, pets control you!!!
Indeed Mr. Chekov, or is it Rotshenko? XD
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-08-2009, 08:03 AM
People Google Translator is at least 1000 times better than Yahoo babelfish OK (well an actual babelfish would be perfect lol) Just thought you would like to know.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Made some spelling corrections to my translation so now it should look smooth. Forgive me for so many mistake but I did it while in a rush and right after waking up. I also added some more comments in blue.

P.S. I don't care for the jokes about Russian pets guys.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Pretty good stuff! Glad to see STO is progressing nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-08-2009, 10:16 AM
love these starfleet jackets
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
the rest is all Greek to me.
/groan

Lt. Commander
# 60
10-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendal View Post
Do not forget that Star Fleet provides mission to explore new worlds, seek new forms of life and civilization. In some cases you must, besides researching, come back with what you have found. (don't understand it myself)
I think he is essentially stating that while you can explore and explore and explore, you'll eventually have to return back to Federation space and probably a star base (probably for supplies, repairs, and crew). You may have to return after discovering x number of new planets and/or species.