Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 51
02-20-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
With this sort of attitude is it any wonder no one seems to take you seriously?

I wonder if any of the "cryptic sucks" KDF players are big enough to apologize if the may update totaly finifhes the missing KDF content.

OR will they just nitpick it as they do everything else that has been added to the KDF.

"Yeah well you gave us missions for lvls 1 to 50, and yeah added like 10 new ships, and maybe gave us targ breeding. But you didnt give me the blue boots i wanted so this update totaly sucks."
If the May update brings the KDF closer if not all the way to being a real faction....

I will personaly dance a jig, large yellow hair and all.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 52
02-20-2013, 07:01 AM
I find it amazing...and interesting...to see Fed players posting in numerous threads about the May update, and how it is going to solve all KDF problems, and how all of the complaints will be addressed, the factions rebalanced, and how there will be no more reason for KDF players to be a thorn in the side of Federation C-Store ship progression...

It goes to show two things...

1. That it irritates the you-know-what out of a certain element in the playerbase to point out - repeatedly - that this perfect game that they love to play is actually unfinished. Once you step outside of Fed dreamland...that becomes very apparent.

2. That there is an element of the playerbase that looks at the KDF faction as being the sole obstacle to the introduction of the Romulans as a faction due to past promises made by Cryptic. What that playerbase does not realize is that given that past promises to the KDF that have been repeatedly broken...the truth is that Cryptic will introduce Romulans when they are ready, regardless of the state of the KDF. That is the pragmatic truth of it.

Another aspect -- the Fed playerbase is obviously getting tired about hearing about the unfairness and outright prejudice being shown the KDF faction players...and so they want to point to something - anything - that helps balance the scales...once May comes around, if there is any progress made on the KDF side (not holding my breath given past promises...), there will be a push to say that the KDF faction is finished...or as finished as it is going to get.

To be honest...I hope I am wrong...but somehow I don't expect that much out of the May update. Maybe it is because of the past SEVEN seasons that have been by and large dissapointments for the KDF, even those seasons touted as being KDF updates.

I am not whining...just pointing out the obvious. Pull up the C-Store, click on "Ships" and select "newest first" for the order...and you will see what I am talking about.

Last edited by ztempest; 02-20-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
02-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
If the May update brings the KDF closer if not all the way to being a real faction....

I will personaly dance a jig, large yellow hair and all.
Awww you know that wasn't leveled at you.

More to the "I'm going to sue because I didn't get what I want." types.

But I'd like to see that jig anyways...... I'll join in my big pointed shoes and hat.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Commander
# 54
02-20-2013, 10:02 PM
In an MMO no faction is ever finished as new stuff is continuely added, so can we use a better term then finished?

I'll try and think of a better term, although the basic appears to be levels 1 to 50 worth of missions. Perhaps filled in?
Captain
# 55
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
although the basic appears to be levels 1 to 50 worth of missions. Perhaps filled in?
That's pretty much it. You know for all of the time spent coming up with excuses the past three years, Cryptic could have instead just filled in the gaps and the issue would no longer exist. It's probably the part of the issue that saddens me the most. Either that or the Fed mission they did with Klingon opera that showed they COULD make amazing Klingon missions but at that point in time had completely given up and were just putting that stuff into Fed missions instead.