Empire Veteran
# 1 Is this a bug?
02-20-2013, 06:41 AM
A few times in the fleet mark event "Klingon Red Alert" something odd happens to my ship every now and then -- everything gets locked down -- all consoles, weapons, and skills, for two entire minutes. No skill can be activated, every icon on my tray goes into countdown mode. This does not happen often -- so far it has happened to me two or three times I think.

Is this some sort of NPC weapon that disables my ship for two minutes or is this a bug? I still receive fire and damage...in one case, this is what basically killed me.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Lieutenant
# 2
02-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Viral Matrix.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Viral Matrix has a two minute lockdown?

VM was nerfed a long time ago for having much less than that!

Hmm...I am going to have to look into it once again. I stopped slotting it after it got nerfed...if this is what is indeed happening.

Edit: I do not think that this is viral matrix...all systems go offline simultaneously and all of them have the same two minute timer -- VM shuts systems down one by one...at least that is what the skill description says for VM1...is VM3 different?

Last edited by ztempest; 02-20-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Sounds like power siphon/tyken's rift one after the other.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-20-2013, 07:09 AM
The 2m cooldown bug has a thread in the bug forum, including steps to reproduce (pg 9). Basically, don't use Engineering Team until it is fixed.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Empire Veteran
# 6
02-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
The 2m cooldown bug has a thread in the bug forum, including steps to reproduce (pg 9). Basically, don't use Engineering Team until it is fixed.
Thank you! I thought it was a bug! I appreciate the information...and now that you mention it...I do recall using Engineer Team in each case.

I will check out the bug thread.
Lieutenant
# 7
02-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Viral matrix, rerouted through the dilithium crystal chamber, using the crystals to act as a lense, in order to amplify the resonance magnitude, simultaneously, knocking all systems off-line for two minutes. Geordie must have had something to do with it.