Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 511
02-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Going to the bridge had been working for me but not any more. Really starting to get aggravated by this especially since I bought a C-store ship last night, got it all set up with the gear I wanted and then head out to try to do a few STFs and can't slot anyone in it. Tried the different sector/map thing, tried the bridge, etc. etc. and nothing. How can it take them this long to fix such a HUGE problem with this game. Continues much longer and I'm going back to F2P, this is ridiculous to have such a broken game and paying money for it every month.
Lieutenant
# 512
02-20-2013, 07:19 AM
What has worked twice for me, is going to Delta Volanis, opening an explore mission, then slotting the Boffs from inside the mission map.
Lieutenant
# 513
02-20-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm in this boat too now. Just got to Rank 4 Diplomacy and switched out an engineering officer for an Orion engineering officer. Swapped over to the ship and 3/5 positions won't accept a BOFF at their positions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 514
02-20-2013, 07:51 AM
I have the same problem on my Orb Weaver. I tried changing maps, switching to other ships, nothing. I can't slot my BO's no matter what ship I'm flying or what map I'm on.
Lieutenant
# 515
02-20-2013, 07:52 AM
beam to your shuttle / ship bridge, try to slot the bridge officers.
Lieutenant
# 516
02-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Try going to Delta Volanis, open up an explore mission, and then slot them from inside the mission map. Worked twice for me.
Survivor of Remus
# 517
02-20-2013, 08:04 AM
I've found a consistent way around the problem that doesn't require any beaming about. BUT! You'll need a shuttlecraft of some kind. Any kind will do.

Shuttles don't seem to be effected by the problem and they have universal consoles. I've found that if I assign an officer to my Danube's universal console, I can then assign that officer to a BOff slot on my starship. I keep doing that until all the BOff slots are filled.
Career Officer
# 518
02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashuk2381 View Post
<snip>How can it take them this long to fix such a HUGE problem with this game. Continues much longer and I'm going back to F2P, this is ridiculous to have such a broken game and paying money for it every month.
I don't believe they are trying to fix it yet. My guess is that they won't do anything until tomorrows maintenance regardless of how upset, or even angry, they are making their players. I can't believe that, if they really wanted to, they haven't been able to fix it in almost a week. Perhaps players who haven't received the free shuttle for The Vault mission are paying 500 zen ($5 US) for a c-store shuttle in the hopes that it'll be a workaround for them. The Delta Flyer at 500 zen is better than the Danube at 34k ec because it has an extra BOff slot so if you're going to purchase one I guess the one that costs money is the way to go. My opinion is that they won't kill that particular golden goose until they have to. After tomorrow they won't have any excuse and if the bug continues after the maintenance I believe a lot of players will jump ship. You can only sail so far on a ship with an inept crew before mutiny ensues.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Ensign
# 519 fix that worked for me
02-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Hey all, i had posted up here that i had a similar problem, found a fix. Its kind of annoying, but it works for now, since all my boff spots seem to still be saved when i change ships. the whole changing zones thing never worked for me, but i have had luck changing the boffs on my active ship on a ground pve map, for example KAGE or the Colony invasion thing. Hope this helps somebody.
Wake@phoenixrw, Supreme Chancellor of Roughneck Alpha Fleet.
Ensign
# 520
02-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi Guys,

Just tried the bridge visit work around, & it worked! thanks; been saving Lobis for 4months to get Mobius, only to be blocked by Boffs not cooperating!! lol
Closed Thread