Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,204
# 21
02-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Plasmonic Leech for FED
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 22
02-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
IMO, they could just have the Feds & Klinks make peace again and put everyone in the same faction that has access to everything. The whole "war" is just backstory anyway, Ker'rat is the only place in the game where the factions are actually in opposition (no, pre-arranged PvP matches don't count).
By Kahless third moQ, no.

They need to actually create a war based story content for the KDF at the lower levels so the war makes sense in perspective to STOs backstory before they bring peace at the endgame.
The KDF and fed players nneed to know why they fought each other on the way up before they realize that the greater foe ecists at endgame and do the right thing to battle it.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,463
# 23
02-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
By Kahless third moQ, no.

They need to actually create a war based story content for the KDF at the lower levels so the war makes sense in perspective to STOs backstory before they bring peace at the endgame.
The KDF and fed players nneed to know why they fought each other on the way up before they realize that the greater foe ecists at endgame and do the right thing to battle it.
okay, first off, i have to ask...what is a moQ?

secondly, most everyone already knows why the KDF is fighting the federation, which i mentioned in my previous post, though i may not have gotten every reason, and the federation is fighting because they see everything the empire is doing as war-mongering...which it kind of is, but that's what makes them klingon!

last, any peace with the federation better be on the empire's terms, not starfleet's/cryptic's/whoever elses's and also better not come too quickly, because if it does, my nausicaan is going to be seriously pissed, as he has a major grudge against the federation
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 24
02-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
okay, first off, i have to ask...what is a moQ?

secondly, most everyone already knows why the KDF is fighting the federation, which i mentioned in my previous post, though i may not have gotten every reason, and the federation is fighting because they see everything the empire is doing as war-mongering...which it kind of is, but that's what makes them klingon!

last, any peace with the federation better be on the empire's terms, not starfleet's/cryptic's/whoever elses's and also better not come too quickly, because if it does, my nausicaan is going to be seriously pissed, as he has a major grudge against the federation
MoQ = sphere or ball

Everyone may know the why as to the conflict but not because the game has told is the story.
Thats what I would love to see changed. Especially on the KDF side which has next nothing telling the player why we fight the feds and why we later at endgame fight beside them.

We are basically a quarter supported faction in a game where we are the primary supportive character. That needs to change. And not becuase of fed insistance for a peace they did not earn.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 02-20-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,463
# 25
02-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Everyone may know the why as to the conflict but not because the game has told is the story.
technically, the game does tell the story through the lore stuff, but story missions explaining it would certainly be nice...only problem is, doing those potential missions across 8 KDF characters plus any future ones i decide to make is going to be a real pain...on the other paw, they can be skipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
And not becuase of fed insistance for a peace they did not earn.
agreed. if the federation really wants peace, they better be prepared to do some serious kissing up to the empire for it...and i'm sure the chancellor wouldn't say no to gaining some major compensation in the form of planetary systems in the process
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 326
# 26
02-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Well its not like this game is actually factional anyways
except that it is

Quote:
IMO, they could just have the Feds & Klinks make peace again and put everyone in the same faction that has access to everything
that makes no sense whatsoever

Quote:
Ker'rat is the only place in the game where the factions are actually in opposition
no it isn't

Quote:
(no, pre-arranged PvP matches don't count)
except that they do
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 35
# 27
02-20-2013, 08:16 AM
i have to agree with the consensus, aceton assimilators are pretty dirty for the feds to use. i wouldnt mind having a console that would maybe counter the aceton somehow, maybe reflect its leach back or on a diff direction. that would be interesting
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/CushionRide/a182.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 887
# 28
02-20-2013, 08:21 AM
We'll offer you a grappler for it.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,463
# 29
02-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
We'll offer you a grappler for it.
no thank you...i'll take your shiny new kumari cannons for mounting on my flagship though
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 180
# 30
02-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Things the KDF has that the Federation wants:
Aceton assimilators
Plasmonic leech


Things the Federation has that the KDF wants:
Developer attention
Escorts with 5 tac consoles
Quarterly Z-store ship offerings
Expanded costume options


The Ferengi would say: I think we can make a deal here.

As things stand now, I don't think Federation players fully grasp how insulting, dishonorable, and blatantly favoritist it is to give the Federation equipment for a pittance of EC while Klingon players have to buy entire ships with zen.
LOL. Are you saying that Fed. Players don't have to buy the ship that has the special consoles they want? That they can just buy the consoles? Cause last I checked, that Tachyon Detection Grid is still on that Nebula that costs 2K zen.
And that point defense system that the Klingons got in that last lockbox? Yeah. I still have to buy the ship in order to get it! So IDK what you're talking about.
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55 AM.