Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Community Moderator
# 11
02-20-2013, 07:42 AM
I can understand the economic reasons why someone might want a Ferengi or similar race available for KDF.

But thematically I can't really see the Klingon High Council being okay with giving command of a battlecruiser to a Ferengi.

What might be acceptable would be to add a new trait to Orions (male and female) that allows them to get a vendor discount, or to add the vendor discount to the Seductive trait.

It's not out-of-bounds for an Orion to have contacts with merchants, right?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Ensign
# 12 Agree
02-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Agree! We need ferengi on KDF! Why do we see some ferengi NPC in QuonoS, they work with klingons and we're unable to create such race character? Ferengi are everywhere and they should be on KDF!

P.S.

Even Quark had House of Quark!
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
02-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
But thematically I can't really see the Klingon High Council being okay with giving command of a battlecruiser to a Ferengi.
Yeah, but that's hardly an excuse: I don't see them being okay with giving command to any race other than Klingons, yet they do.

Ferengi in the KDF makes as much sense as Ferengi in the Federation. Or Trill in the KDF, for that matter.
Captain
# 14
02-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
I can understand the economic reasons why someone might want a Ferengi or similar race available for KDF.

What might be acceptable would be to add a new trait to Orions (male and female) that allows them to get a vendor discount, or to add the vendor discount to the Seductive trait.

It's not out-of-bounds for an Orion to have contacts with merchants, right?
I agree. From a Theme point, only Quark was involved with the Klingon Empire in "House of Quark"(DS9), and that episode only highlighted the clash of cultures and pointed out how totally different they are.

I do completely agree that a "business" trait could be given to the Orions as they are a mercentile speices much like the Ferengi.
Commander
# 15
02-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Ferrengi seem more like a "play both sides against the middle" type of race to me.
Captain
# 16
02-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Orions should get a trait that increases the chances and quality of loot dropped by kills in space.
Career Officer
# 17
02-28-2014, 01:26 AM
It's a Zombie Ferengi!
It's here to steal our brainz and latinum!
Kill it! KILL IT! KILL IT FIRE!
Captain
# 18
02-28-2014, 05:33 AM
Ferengi are on Qo'Nos because they are selling stuff, they have no actual relation to the KDF. Also, Klingons in general do not trust them at all and consider them weaklings and Cowards for the most part.
Captain
# 19
02-28-2014, 05:44 AM
There's nothing saying that if a ferngi join the KDF its a part of an alliance/treaty related thing? We have trills for heavens sake afterall

Honestly the only ferengi thing i want is the trait that increases sale prices, so its on level with choices for federation players, a new species, old species with a habit of trading (dosi for example) or a new species to join the KDF with the trait would be nice
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Community Moderator
# 20
02-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Necropost (nee-kro-post)

1. (noun) A post which revives an inactive ("dead") conversation on a message board. It generally attracts others who attempt to kill it by fire.

2. (verb) The act of creating a necropost. DON'T DO IT!

Synonyms: Spamming

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies or has been inactive for over 30 days before someone replied to it just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to post in an existing active topic or to start a new thread on the topic if there are no active topics already.

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread