Empire Veteran
# 11
02-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Truth is and has always been, cryptic doesnt want our money.
They release the most ridiculous ship of all time, the bortasq, and wonder why nobody bought it. Then they say it was because there isn't enought kdf to buy stuff so what is the point.

Again, cryptic should be proud to create the worst faction in mmo history and continue to starve it.
Captain
# 12
02-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Hey, hey, HEY! What about the Breen cruiser. Hmmm?

Yeah, they NERFED IT, but I still thinks she's awesome.
Wadda ya mean they nerfed it ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 13
02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Truth is and has always been, cryptic doesnt want our money.
They release the most ridiculous ship of all time, the bortasq, and wonder why nobody bought it. Then they say it was because there isn't enought kdf to buy stuff so what is the point.

Again, cryptic should be proud to create the worst faction in mmo history and continue to starve it.
Please forgive my ignorance as that ship was released at a time I was taking a break from the game. Having never flown one or know anyone who has flown one what are the issue with the Bortasq?
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Captain
# 14
02-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
Please forgive my ignorance as that ship was released at a time I was taking a break from the game. Having never flown one or know anyone who has flown one what are the issue with the Bortasq?
I know there are some players who like it...I kind of think of them as being somewhat to extremely masochistic.

The Bort's got handling equivalent to a Vo'Quv, but without the Vo'Quv's assets (read: Pets and flight decks), and it actually NEEDS every single point of hull it has, because it has no accelleration or braking. Basically it's a ship that CAN equip DHC's-but shouldn't, because it can't keep anything but the most script-driven targets in its nose arc, and it's primary 'big weapon' is also restricted to that nose arc, making it pretty much useless as a combat system and (most of the time) a liability to a team in PvP, instead of an asset.

Basically it's an Oddy with weaker shields and less effective consoles.

I occasionally see one dying in Ker'rat, most often right-at-the-spawn-point in the middle of a Leisurely fedball, but generally don't see them showing up in Que'd PvP. Same with rare sightings in STF's (usually when I break down and grind ISE instead of better missions like Hive Onslaught). It's fine for the easy missions, but (again) a liability elsewhere.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.

Last edited by patrickngo; 02-20-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 15
02-20-2013, 12:09 PM
JOIN A KDF FLEET.

I just parked my fleet K't'inga refit (sniff, what a lovely lovely ship) and picked up the Fleet Tor'Khat battlecruiser (I hate the tor'khat skin...ewww..fortunatly that can be changed) ((note..Tor'Khat availible from a tier 2 ship yard!!!!)) (((fleet Kamarag availible from atier 3 yard)))

so I got my self a 10 console battle cruiser, with a base turn mode of 10, lots and lots of hull points, cloaks, can mount dual cannon, and utterly crap loads of power, and sports Lt. Commander TAC slot, and a Lt universal slot...

So, lets see... its big, manuverable, packs a punch, versitile, has very heavy shielding, and I'm supposed to be worried about some fed in a Kumari varient? I don't even PvP that much and I 'll be able to kill even a well handled one without to much difficulty.

As some one mentioned.. oh so close to a BOP, but.... not quite...nope, not quite.

We have ships to buy.

But just not directly from the Z-store. You just need to be in a fleet with a tier 3 ship yard to get pretty much all of them. Get your fleet ship modules, and have fun. And some ships don't require the modules if you've allready got a Z-store ship purchased. (the one BOP is discounted if you bought the tactical Bortas or the Bortas pack, and for that matter the base Bortas if you didn't get it originally in the 2nd anniversery mission)

(I think a couple ships require the tier 5 ship yard but I forget which on KDF side)

Kuiama Del Solima
House of Khemaraa
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 02-20-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Captain
# 16
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
(the one BOP is discounted if you bought the tactical Bortas or the Bortas pack, and for that matter the base Bortas if you didn't get it originally in the 2nd anniversery mission)

(I think a couple ships require the tier 5 ship yard but I forget which on KDF side)
Wait, what?

The tac Bortas gives the discount on a fleet BoP?

Which one?

*perks ears*
Captain
# 17
02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant that owning the c-store bop gets you a discount on the fleet bop.

Thats the ONLY fleet ship upgrade discount that exists for the KDF as far as I know.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 18
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I'm pretty sure he meant that owning the c-store bop gets you a discount on the fleet bop.

Thats the ONLY fleet ship upgrade discount that exists for the KDF as far as I know.
You forgot the Fleet Varanus.
Captain
# 19
02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
You forgot the Fleet Varanus.
hmm, looks new (1-13-2013) but the discount scheme for KDF is such a new concept for us.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Last edited by lordmalak1; 02-20-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Captain
# 20
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Ah, the B'rel, already got that one

I suddenly got the impression that the Bortas that comes with the Hohsus console might've given a discount on the Hohsus. Would've been nice. Also would've make me consider buying that big hulk after all; I like the idea of the flagships, but not their turn rates...