Captain
# 2461
02-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintx View Post
I wonder how much of this was planned before this thread and how much changed, if anything, because of it.
The cynic in me would point to Stahl's intransigent refusal to talk about the changes, and the delayed Tribble patch as evidence that stuff was fiddled with last minute.
Career Officer
# 2462
02-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
there. increased fleet marks. can we please close this thread and burn it?
There's always that one guy

Refer to post 2311. It's more than Fleet Marks that is the issue. But this is an attempt to address them.

However I guarentee another thread will pop up detailing the issues laid out in post 2311.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 2463
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
It's good to see the rewards increasing for the fleet missions, but for players like me who have run these missions hundred's of times, it doesn't change the fact that I don't want to play these missions anymore. The former IOR system allowed me to earn rewards on my own terms while at the same time discovering new content. Simply put, I am tired of grinding the same missions over and over and over, regardless of the rewards.
Career Officer
# 2464
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
This thread has nothing to do with fleet marks,

Please refer yourself to post #2311

And if this thread is closed I will just press ahead with opening one dedicated to identifying the issues with the game and solutions players put forward for them. Indeed I think this is probably the best thing to do in the future anyways.

For me this increase in FM rewards in other areas is meaningless due to the destruction of small fleets by Cryptic.
Captain
# 2465
02-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
This thread has nothing to do with fleet marks,
You need to check your wording. This thread has plenty to do with fleet marks.
Career Officer
# 2466
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
You need to check your wording. This thread has plenty to do with fleet marks.
This thread wasn't about Fleet Marks it was about the way the Developers went about interacting with the community about the changes they made to Fleet Marks.

In addition the issue about Fleet Marks is just a symptom of a much wider disease which stems for imbalance in the game between the supply/time curve and input costs... as well as myriad other problems with this game.
Career Officer
# 2467
02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
The new patch just addresses a small amount of items addressed by us here!

One small step in the right direction, but still does not address the 3 years of broken promises, nor does it do anything to stop the direction towards "mindless" grinding on the "Farm"!

No new content, no fixing the bugs that still exist and have existed for years, no finishing the KDF faction, etc.

Now I know there will be those that sing the "company" song and think that everything is as "it should be", but really... do you really think that with this overwhelming outcry of dissatisfaction from us, the customers, that this is enough of a response?

Maybe the devs and the "overlords" need to re-read what Dan posted so long ago...

Originally Posted by dastahl
"If you can't have fun, then what is the point?"

Is there anything in the new "fixes" that really bring FUN back and reduce the grinding?

PWE/Cryptic Where are you? Why do you NOT listen to your Customers?

PWE/Cryptic Stop the FARM, Bring back the FUN!

Zeus
Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
"I don't test my code often, but when I do I test it in Production"The most interesting dev in the world

I rather be a fence post in Texas than the King of PWE

Last edited by zeus16nbs; 02-20-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Captain
# 2468
02-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
This thread wasn't about Fleet Marks it was about the way the Developers went about interacting with the community about the changes they made to Fleet Marks.

In addition the issue about Fleet Marks is just a symptom of a much wider disease which stems for imbalance in the game between the supply/time curve and input costs... as well as myriad other problems with this game.
You're talking to someone who has been here since post 1 (technically post 2, but I digress). This entire mess was born of fleet marks, and the resulting insanity that ensued after Stahl's...comments.

It may have morphed and grown in the last 2500 posts, but that doesn't change the fact that fleet marks are, and were, an integral part of this thread. Pretending otherwise is incredibly shortsighted and self-serving.
Career Officer
# 2469
02-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Nope - this thread should have never existed in the first place - it's a result of Cryptic's shockingly poor communication and mismanagement - the Fleet Marks issue may go away but this fixes nothing of the underlying cause for this thread.

In fact, if anything, adding Fleet Marks to the Tribble build and 'informing' us in this way (i.e. not saying a damn thing and hoping we'll all go away) is contemptible behaviour from the EP of this game.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 02-20-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 2470
02-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus16nbs View Post
Just a small amount of items addressed by us here!

One small step in the right direction, but still does not address the 3 years of broken promises, nor does it do anything to stop the direction towards "mindless" grinding on the "Farm"!

No new content, no fixing the bugs that still exist and have existed for years, no finishing the KDF faction, etc.

Now I know there will be those that sing the "company" song and think that everything is as "it should be", but really... do you really think that with this overwhelming outcry of dissatisfaction from us, the customers, that this is enough of a response?

Maybe the devs and the "overlords" need to re-read what Dan posted so long ago...

Originally Posted by dastahl
"If you can't have fun, then what is the point?"

Is there anything in the new "fixes" that really bring FUN back and reduce the grinding?

PWE/Cryptic Where are you? Why do you NOT listen to your Customers?

PWE/Cryptic Stop the FARM, Bring back the FUN!

Zeus
This is just the beginning and really all this needed to be said back at the advent of Season 7, most of us foolishly were appeased by the return of Dilithium and lowering of time-gates, but now most have us have awoken to the fact that any piece-meal appeasement by the developers will not fix the structural problems with the game that a re driving so many of us away.
Closed Thread