Commander
# 1 Trying out a ship...
02-20-2013, 02:28 AM
*blows dust off of his Mirror Reconnaissance Science Vessel*

Oh hello *cough cough*

Mm, sorry about that, just getting the dust off of this thing. I actually have a question. What are some offensive science abilities I could put on a sci boff for LtC Sci and Cmndr Sci ability slots? Also, what boff race could I use for my 2nd boff slot? I have an Orion (yes an actual Orion, not an alien) officer holding the cmndr sci slot, but I have no clue what abilities to put on her, and I also have a spare boff slot,

I was thinking Caitian or Trill, but I figured it was logical to cultivate multiple options.

P.S. My toon is a Tactical Officer, and I'm just playing around with the ship for giggles.

P.S.S. I was also thinking a Romulan boff as well.
Captain
# 2
02-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Gravity well. Make sure your particle generators skill has some points in it and gravity well will hurt a target while holding it in place. Feedback pulse might also work for you if your target fires a lot of weapons at once at you. Particle generators also boosts that.
Career Officer
# 3
02-20-2013, 05:40 AM
Boff race honestly doesn't matter much in space. Only one that really matters is Saurians, because they sometimes have Efficient.
Captain
# 4
02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Romulan tactical boffs from the embassy are great because they boost space crits. Human boffs boost hull healing to ridiculous levels if you use enough of them.
Career Officer
# 5
02-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Oh right, forgot all about the Embassy. I need to spend more time going through the wares there.
Captain
# 6
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Offensive science skills that aren't gimped... that's a very small number. Basically you're stuck using either Energy Siphon (in which case you might as well turn it into a full drain build, which is hella fun btw) or Gravity Well (which is a lot weaker than it should be, but still has quite a nice bite).

Also as races go? Stick to Saurians or Humans. None of the other ones have any space traits, and if they do, they aren't as useful.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.