Career Officer
# 2501
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
*cough* feeding *cough*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DdeLUA0Fms

In allseriouness, I needed to highlight that "community" part. If after that he still believes WE are to fault for the game being in this state then he definately a troll (not even the CDF is that bad).
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 2502
02-20-2013, 02:20 PM
This post has morphed to vent a lot of different issues but as the title points out it was DStahl's attempt to explain the FM and dilithium adjustments to the foundry. I am very happy about the upcoming patch and some of the other items Dan has detailed on this and other threads since the rage began. I also know that what a lot of folks want in this thread can't be accomplished overnight.

I think the biggest thing that Dan and his crew can take away from this thread is to learn to communicate changes in advance and have an alternative ready to go before taking something away. I've been angry over the recent events as well but you have to give him credit for listening and getting these changes implemented quickly.

We have given the Cryptic team a lot of constructive feedback in between the rage and hopefully they will take this and make some changes. Dan has extended us an olive branch and I think we need to take it. It's a nice compromise for both sides and now we can work on the myriad of other items people have mentioned over the last 6 days.

Just one player's opinion that I know not everyone is going to agree with.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2503
02-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DdeLUA0Fms

In allseriouness, I needed to highlight that "community" part. If after that he still believes WE are to fault for the game being in this state then he definately a troll (not even the CDF is that bad).
Fair enough. I feel guilty doing that simply because it's more the place of a moderator imo, and a moderator I am not.

Best let him lie imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 2504
02-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
This post has morphed to vent a lot of different issues but as the title points out it was DStahl's attempt to explain the FM and dilithium adjustments to the foundry. I am very happy about the upcoming patch and some of the other items Dan has detailed on this and other threads since the rage began. I also know that what a lot of folks want in this thread can't be accomplished overnight.

I think the biggest thing that Dan and his crew can take away from this thread is to learn to communicate changes in advance and have an alternative ready to go before taking something away. I've been angry over the recent events as well but you have to give him credit for listening and getting these changes implemented quickly.

We have given the Cryptic team a lot of constructive feedback in between the rage and hopefully they will take this and make some changes. Dan has extended us an olive branch and I think we need to take it. It's a nice compromise for both sides and now we can work on the myriad of other items people have mentioned over the last 6 days.

To be honest there as been very little rage in this thread, probably a reason for why it's become so longevious.
Career Officer
# 2505
02-20-2013, 02:22 PM
This thread may have started from Stahl backing up their reasons for doing what they did in regards to Fleet Marks and Dilithium, with a back story of how they designed the Fleet Advancement system. But I think all this was just the final straw, regardless of whether it was Fleet Marks or not.

It could have been about anything else and the same thing would have probably happened, if it was communicated in the exact same way in which they did and implemented exactly the same too.

My main issue with the content and changes that Cryptic have made (aside from the bugs etc) is the way in which it was implemented and setup. The idea and concepts are great, but introduced and setup poorly and I still feel the Tribble server should be put to more use.

The recent patch notes which have been released for Tribble are a step in the right direction (hoping that none of it changes when it hits holodeck, which has been known to happen). However there is still many aspects of this game that need some love and attention, to deliver a solid Trek game that everyone can fully enjoy.

We can only but give our feedback and hope that Cryptic actually act on it and do their best for the community as a whole. I understand you can't always please everyone, at the same time you don't want to upset everyone either and a lot more could have been done with this game especially after S6.

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Career Officer
# 2506
02-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Well, time to start PVPing...
----
Republic Veteran
# 2507
02-20-2013, 02:31 PM
It is kind of hilarious that we are accused of exploiting something the DEVs themselves put in the game. I mean really. You have conditioned us to be grinders and farmers. What exactly did you think was going to happen?

I'm still shaking my head about this.
# 2508
02-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post

While I don't agree with a few things in this post, I will say it is rife with wisdom and maturity. I don't have faith that the real issues are being or will be addressed any time soon - trust is earned, not given - but I will concede that the Tribble patch did show some sort of listening on Dan & Co.'s part, and it planted a seed of hope in me, however small or not.

Still, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice (or ten or more times)..."

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Survivor of Romulus
# 2509
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
It is kind of hilarious that we are accused of exploiting something the DEVs themselves put in the game. I mean really. You have conditioned us to be grinders and farmers. What exactly did you think was going to happen?
Bang on the money as ever Olivia. As grinders and farmers, how could we be expected to *not* take the path of least resistance when it comes to making fleet marks?

Quote:
I'm still shaking my head about this.
You're not the only one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Survivor of Romulus
# 2510
02-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Do my eyes deceive me, Might I actually see some progress....

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Closed Thread