Republic Veteran
# 21
02-20-2013, 08:55 AM
I can see the alternate Voyager being turned into a museum because it was out there for like 30 some years.

but prime Voyager no because it was just there for seven years and really that's not much.

Plus Picard got the Enterprise D home from the other side of reality in one day, and took Janeway 7 years to get home from the Delta Quadrant.

Lieutenant
# 22
02-20-2013, 09:05 AM
If you've read any star trek books, you'd know that Voyager remained in service after its 7 year return trip from the Delta Quadrant, under the command of Captain Chakotay.

the alternate timeline from End Game saw a 30ish year old Voyager return home with god knows what alien tech installed onboard. Starfleet probably spent a ton of time/resources disassembling the ship to get said tech out of it and didn't see the benefit of putting a 30 year old ship back into serviceable condition.
"We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
Lieutenant
# 23
02-20-2013, 09:08 AM

Admiral Janeway was in command of Voyager during the return of the rogue Vulcan scientist T'Uerell and her Borg forces. Janeway confronted T'Uerell alongside Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise-E. As Picard took command of the fleet to oppose T'Uerell, Janeway left, assuring him that she would be back with some friends.

After T'Uerell's failed attack on Bajor and Deep Space 9, Janeway's reinforcements joined with Picard's fleet, and that of the Klingons and the Romulans. The combined fleet pursued T'Uerell to a nebula where they finally defeated her. (ST video game: Legacy)

During the Borg Invasion of 2381, Voyager was one of the vessels able to be reallocated to an allied fleet to reinforce the position of the USS Enterprise-E and the USS Aventine at the Azure Nebula. While the Enterprise and Aventine traversed subspace tunnels, hoping to find the Borg launching area, Captain Chakotay and Voyager remained in command of the fleet, overseeing efforts to open other tunnels. However, from an allied fleet of over 300, Voyager was the only ship to survive the Borg invasion force of over 7000 Borg cubes from the subspace tunnel within the nebula, and was able to emit a distress call to Starfleet Command. (ST - Destiny novel: Mere Mortals) While the ship was intact, it had its port warp nacelle sheared from its pylon by a grazing collision with a Borg Cube and was drifting in space. The Voyager crew were attempting to salvage material from the battle site to rebuild the nacelle before joining the USS Enterprise-E and the USS Aventine on their search for the source of the Borg invasion. VOY novel: Full Circle (ST - Destiny novel: Lost Souls)

After the Borg Invasion of 2381, Voyager was refitted with a Quantum slipstream drive and made the flagship of Project Full Circle. Chakotay resigned after the Borg invasion and the ship was placed under the command of Captain Afsarah Eden. One of the first missions after getting into the Delta Quadrant would be to meet up with B'Elanna and Miral Paris, who had faked their own deaths. (VOY novel: Full Circle)

In 2402, the USS Voyager made first contact with the Lorians, an avian species.
"We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovalmorgan View Post
If you've read any star trek books, you'd know that Voyager remained in service after its 7 year return trip from the Delta Quadrant, under the command of Captain Chakotay.

the alternate timeline from End Game saw a 30ish year old Voyager return home with god knows what alien tech installed onboard. Starfleet probably spent a ton of time/resources disassembling the ship to get said tech out of it and didn't see the benefit of putting a 30 year old ship back into serviceable condition.
I read a few of the books a loooong loooong time ago, and to be honest, I thought most of them were rubbish.

Since they aren't considered canon, I've never been interested in reading any more of them.
Lieutenant
# 25
02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
I read a few of the books a loooong loooong time ago, and to be honest, I thought most of them were rubbish.

Since they aren't considered canon, I've never been interested in reading any more of them.
well now you know.

and knowing is half the battle.
Lieutenant
# 26
02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post

Really?

The quality of the novels has improved dramatically over the last few years. I'd really recommend you have a look at the Star Trek: Vanguard series, if nothing else.

It would be interesting to know who's in command of Voyager now, if it's still in service - or what former crew members are up to in STO. Janeway is an admiral, Harry's been captain of the Rhode Island, Icheb and Naomi Wildman are in Starfleet, but we know nothing of anyone else, I think.

Last edited by zadama; 02-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
02-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadama View Post
It would be interesting to know who's in command of Voyager now, if it's still in service - or what former crew members are up to in STO.
Wouldn't it be a 38 year old science ship? Not the sort of ship people would want to be assigned to.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Lieutenant
# 28
02-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Wouldn't it be a 38 year old science ship? Not the sort of ship people would want to be assigned to.

well, the NCC-1701 was 20 years old when KIRK was assigned as Captain.

and we all know what a hot assignment that was. they were always getting new people rotated in on the security department...
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadama View Post
Really?

The quality of the novels has improved dramatically over the last few years. I'd really recommend you have a look at the Star Trek: Vanguard series, if nothing else.

It would be interesting to know who's in command of Voyager now, if it's still in service - or what former crew members are up to in STO. Janeway is an admiral, Harry's been captain of the Rhode Island, Icheb and Naomi Wildman are in Starfleet, but we know nothing of anyone else, I think.
I'd hope the quality hasimproved. I'm not kidding in this, in the last Trek book I tried to read, years ago, the author spent a paragrahp talking about Dax's breasts filling out her uniform. I can't recall the title or anything more than that I was pretty disgusted and threw it away. It was so self gratifying it made me feel ashamed...and dude, I was single and stationed in Europe then. I'm not a prude.

Lets just say I didn't enjoy the books and don't plan on reading any more at the present time. But then I usually don't have time to read books I really want to read right now.

Wih a lot of the responses ghere and my own personal feeling, I'd think that Voyager would have probably made into a museum, after being thoroughly examined. The books are't considered canon, so I'm not concerned with what they say of the matter. If the matter is unknown, it does leave it open to further storylines.
Lieutenant
# 30
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Kirk's Enterprise was in service for 40 years, but I see what you mean. If you think about STO's current story, however, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that older ships have been re-comissioned due to the mulit-fronted war the Federation is fighting.