Career Officer
# 2521
02-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbor2 View Post
ok might of missed it but ive seen posts by the players saying fix to AFK faarmers must be coming next patch has there been a comment by the devs about this problem and the other players have commented on in this thread?

fleet marks was the tiping point of a long list of problems i and i hope others will keep up the fight to see them fixed!
If you mean AFKing in events, I don't think there is an easy solution to that at the moment.
Career Officer
# 2522
02-20-2013, 02:13 PM
I think it's quite funny that they're adding Fleet Marks to the PVP missions...

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad that PVP will eventually have some sort of a worthwhile reward, but it's funny since Stahl was adamant that they removed the Fleet Marks from the IOR because they wanted them to be only rewarded in missions which used fleet play...

PVP no more requires fleet play than the IOR does... For that matter, neither do any of the Defera/Nukara missions, most of them I end up running with PUGs or on my own.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Lieutenant
# 2523
02-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
It is kind of hilarious that we are accused of exploiting something the DEVs themselves put in the game. I mean really. You have conditioned us to be grinders and farmers. What exactly did you think was going to happen?

I'm still shaking my head about this.
Because its a lot easier to blame you for being a dirty cheating exploiter than it is to be critical of a corporate business model.

Also, Dan (along with others) are using the loaded term (calling people cheaters) more as a definition of "something I personally disapprove of" instead of the objective definition of utilizing hacks and bugs that general players have no access to... everyone could use a "clicker" for over a year... everyone could run a 15minute combat mission. He and others are throwing in the "exploit" angle to deflect attention away from their own incompetence as designers.

There was no exploiting.
Career Officer
# 2524
02-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
I think it's quite funny that they're adding Fleet Marks to the PVP missions...

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad that PVP will eventually have some sort of a worthwhile reward, but it's funny since Stahl was adamant that they removed the Fleet Marks from the IOR because they wanted them to be only rewarded in missions which used fleet play...

PVP no more requires fleet play than the IOR does... For that matter, neither do any of the Defera/Nukara missions, most of them I end up running with PUGs or on my own.
that's because the marketing speile doesn't meet with reality, this was the quick and cheap fix to just spread FM's about. However I also think the idea that FM's should only be for Fleet events to be a tad stupid as well friends in a fleet could band together to do an STF or whatever other content that awards resources to input into a fleet starbase.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 02-20-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 2525
02-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar2 View Post
Because its a lot easier to blame you for being a dirty cheating exploiter than it is to be critical of a corporate business model.

Also, Dan (along with others) are using the loaded term (calling people cheaters) more as a definition of "something I personally disapprove of" instead of the objective definition of utilizing hacks and bugs that general players have no access to... everyone could use a "clicker" for over a year... everyone could run a 15minute combat mission. He and others are throwing in the "exploit" angle to deflect attention away from their own incompetence as designers.

There was no exploiting.
Indeed a good example of exploitation is having a monopoly on an item people cherish and are addicted too then cynically milking them for all they are worth...

Commander
# 2526
02-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I submit that this thread has run its course and another (possibly more than one) should be started to discuss specific issues arising from it. My intent is not to stifle discussion, but to redirect and focus it. My hope is that those responsible for leading the discussion in the last few (dozen) pages will undertake this.
Career Officer
# 2527
02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
It is kind of hilarious that we are accused of exploiting something the DEVs themselves put in the game. I mean really. You have conditioned us to be grinders and farmers. What exactly did you think was going to happen?

I'm still shaking my head about this.
Well it's pretty hard to exploit something the dev's haven't put into a game.
Career Officer
# 2528
02-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
I submit that this thread has run its course and another (possibly more than one) should be started to discuss specific issues arising from it. My intent is not to stifle discussion, but to redirect and focus it. My hope is that those responsible for leading the discussion in the last few (dozen) pages will undertake this.
At the moment the issue about FM's is unresolved and will be until next Thursday, also the community needs time to gather together and discusses how to frame the argument going forwards then we can start a new thread which is clear and organized, we need time to get those people together and chat,

As I said before if anyone has constructive input please do PM me.

In the mean time this is the best place to continue the debate and as Fleet Marks fixes won't make their way onto holodeck until next Thursday this thread should be kept open.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2529
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Well it's pretty hard to exploit something the dev's haven't put into a game.
Yes, but using a system that the devs themselves implemented despite being warned it would lead to exactly what it led to is hardly a player exploiting something, is it?

I can only play in the sandbox they give me to play in.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2530
02-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
If you mean AFKing in events, I don't think there is an easy solution to that at the moment.
There is one, give me the solution I screamed for when the Probe Farmers came out in the Borg Red Alerts, FRIENDLY FIRE. Blow them to hell when they are just AFK and when that happens they get nothing for contributing nothing.

Failing that, just implement a simple counting code that monitors their firing and/or healing rates, if they are not doing anything, they get nothing...

2 very simple solutions...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Closed Thread