Captain
# 2541
02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumble View Post
Tribble Notes:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=560651

This should placate the masses while directing attention away from all the other problems eh?

I hope everyone's not falling for this...
Not me. This thread helped to identify several ROOT-LEVEL problems with the direction STO is being taken. The Trigger issue is being addressed, so we can check Fleet Marks off the list of resultant issues.

It would seem to me that what needs to be done is build a list of the remaining issue, posting it somewhere that Cryptic cannot merely move and burry. Probably off-site. I have access to unlimited storage space and will be willing to dedicate some time and effort to using it to help maintain an unbiased and factual coverage of our efforts and Cryptic's efforts in resolving the issues. This will not be a "We hate Cryptic" endeavor, and I will not assist in anything that attempts to be that. I will help compile a set of informative resources that can be used by both this community and by Cryptic if they so choose. Issues will be removed from the compilation as they are resolved.

I will be interested in only confirmable issues and solitions. I will refrain from making my own theoretical assumptions as well.

Would this offer of assistance be of use? PM me if interested.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Career Officer
# 2542
02-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Well, yes and no.

It's not necessarily wrong to expect a community to police itself when something is clearly broken. The accusation made by the devs was entirely correct, considering that we failed to display any sort of gaming morality.

None of that excuses the heart of that problem, of course - they put in something they knew was bad, instead of waiting for scaling rewards tech like they have now. I'm just saying, it was obviously an exploit. Getting offended because the devs called it what it was, when we knew what we were doing was clearly broken, is kinda hypocritical.
it wasn't an exploit it was a fix to the a problem the developers created by instituting an unbalanced fleet marks economy where there was not enough supply available over the time spent having to grind said supply in order to meet the demands of the new inputs in Season 7.

The result was the community fixes the imbalance. An exploit is about gaining an unfair advantage over other players, this was about gaining the ability to participate at the most basic level in the fleet system without burning yourself out on horrible content.

The players weren't doing anything wrong and indeed I very much doubt the imbalance would've existed if Cryptic had a functioning Q&A department or actually utilized the Tribble Test server as they should have for a prolonged period.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 02-20-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 2543
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
No if anything it's galvanized me to push ahead with organizing ourselves and getting our ideas and criticisms out there.
The only problem may be the attempts of the CDF to derail the thread and get it closed. The best thing about this thread is that the EP started it. If we start one, only the slightest of derailment may get it closed.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 2544
02-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
The cynic in me would point to Stahl's intransigent refusal to talk about the changes, and the delayed Tribble patch as evidence that stuff was fiddled with last minute.
OR they were still data mining the server to see what players were earning from the other content designed to reward FM - and were fiddling with the final numbers based on the data they got.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 2545
02-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
The only problem may be the attempts of the CDF to derail the thread and get it closed. The best thing about this thread is that the EP started it. If we start one, only the slightest of derailment may get it closed.
That is where self discipline comes in and our ability to ignore disruptive elements comes in.
Career Officer
# 2546
02-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Given that this thread hasn't really achieved anything, starting up another one would rather seem to be a waste of everyone's time and energy.

I'm still quite disgusted by the manner in which this has been handled and intend to continue to peacefully protest Cryptic/PWE's inept handling of this IP. It certainly hasn't done anything to make me reconsider investing any money in STO.

I still believe a window of opportunity exists to turns things around, but Stahl has made it painfully clear that the opinions of his customers are irrelevant. Any moves made to resolve this situation are going to have to come purely from the players.
I disagree, I think this thread has run it's course. However, I also feel that the other concerns raised here about the state of the game should be addressed by the dev's and Branflakes. We all know they have been keeping track of this thread and the concerns and opinions raised here.

Therefore, I would like to invite the dev's and Branflakes to make a summary of this thread and the concerns and opinions raised here, and use that to make a starting post for a new thread regarding the state of the game and the course it's players and the team at Cryptic wish it to go. I also would like to invite everyone at Cryptic/PWE to partake in that thread and share their views with us. The only way to resolve the issues raised here, a lot of which revolves around the team at Cryptic being out of touch with the community or being perceived in that way, is to open a dialogue.

We don't need another discussion, we need an open and transparant dialogue between the team at Cryptic and all of those in the community that wish to partake.
Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
Career Officer
# 2547
02-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
I disagree, I think this thread has run it's course. However, I also feel that the other concerns raised here about the state of the game should be addressed by the dev's and Branflakes. We all know they have been keeping track of this thread and the concerns and opinions raised here.

Therefore, I would like to invite the dev's and Branflakes to make a summary of this thread and the concerns and opinions raised here, and use that to make a starting post for a new thread regarding the state of the game and the course it's players and the team at Cryptic wish it to go. I also would like to invite everyone at Cryptic/PWE to partake in that thread and share their views with us. The only way to resolve the issues raised here, a lot of which revolves around the team at Cryptic being out of touch with the community or being perceived in that way, is to open a dialogue.

We don't need another discussion, we need an open and transparant dialogue between the team at Cryptic and all of those in the community that wish to partake.
I would second this notion, though the behaviour of the developers so far would indicate an aversion towards honest communication.
Career Officer
# 2548
A game exploit to me a a glitch or hole in the coding allowing a person to gain an unfair advantage.

While The Foundry FM fix was probably not the smartest thing to do, it wasn't an exploit, nor were the grind missions that became associated by it. They were made within the system put in place by Cryptic, and while not in the 'spirit' of, were still valid missions for those looking for a break from the mind numbing grind.

Taking FMs out hasn't stopped grinders. Its just made them run a bit longer.
“The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.” - Norman Schwarzkopf
Captain
# 2549
This came up on Tribble today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.24

General:
  • Updated the description of the Phaser Quad Cannons; it no longer incorrectly describes Phaser procs as decreasing the target's weapon power.
    • This is a text change only.
  • Activating EV suits no longer cause the character's head to disappear.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented some players from assigning Bridge Officers to their ships.

Fleet Marks:
  • No-Win Scenario:
    • Increased the rewards for rounds 4, 5 and 6 from 5/8/13 to 10/18/28 respectively.
    • This increases Fleet Mark rewards by 30.
  • The following events now grant an additional 30 Fleet Marks.
    • Colony Invasion
    • Starbase Blockade
    • Starbase Fleet Defense
    • Starbase Incursion
  • Starbase Alert now grants an extra 10 Fleet Marks each time an enemy wave is defeated for the first 3 waves.
  • Azure Nebula rescue now grants twice as many Fleet Marks.
  • Defera invasion missions:
    • Easy missions now grant 13 Fleet Marks.
    • Medium missions now grant 25 Fleet Marks.
    • Hard missions now grant 60 Fleet Marks.
  • Nukara missions:
    • Easy missions now grant 13 Fleet Marks.
    • Medium missions now grant 25 Fleet Marks.
    • Hard missions now grant 60 Fleet Marks.
  • Mine Trap now grants an extra 30 Fleet Marks upon completion.
  • Added 50 Fleet Marks to each of the PVP daily wrappers:
    • Raze Enemy Headquarters (Daily)
    • Raze Enemy Secret Headquarters (Lt. General - Daily)
    • Dominate the Heroes of the Enemy (Daily)
    • Dominate the Leaders of the Enemy (Lt. General - Daily)
    • Claiming Enemy Reserves (Daily)
    • Claiming Enemy Emergency Reserves (Lt. General - Daily)
    • Reclaim the Neutral Zone (Daily)
    • Restore the Neutral Zone (Vice Admiral - Daily)
    • Into the Fray (Daily); To the Front Lines (Vice Admiral - Daily)
    • Pacify Enemy Heroes (Daily)
    • Pacify Enemy Leaders (Vice Admiral - Daily)
That's... A LOT of fleet marks!!!

And we get fleet marks from pvp too?!

I'm stunned speechless. That is amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 2550
02-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
This came up on Tribble today:

That's... A LOT of fleet marks!!!

And we get fleet marks from pvp too?!

I'm stunned speechless. That is amazing!
Spamming the tribble patch notes isn't adding anything to this thread we've already moved on from that and the thread is now about the underlying issues with the game that have created these symptoms like clickies and grinders, that is we are focused on the the root causes of the problems and as such the patch notes and measures stated within them do nothing to ameliorate the underlying root problems with the game.
Closed Thread