Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports
Login

Starfleet Veteran
So I'm working on a mission that has the following map order in the objectives:

Cryptic > Custom > Cryptic > Custom > Custom > Custom > Custom > Cryptic

However, when zoning back into the Cryptic maps, the "Go to Next Map" dialogue does not appear in the storyboard, and the user is presented with a Go to Next Map window with the default text.

I'm not sure if this is an old issue or not, but feel free to verify it with my in progress mission: ST-HHXIYXNMU

It'll probably remain this way for at least a couple days until I figure out how to revamp the mission so the order can be avoided.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Also I believe the previous mission door from the previous exit out of the Cryptic Map will still be available which may lead to the player getting stuck in a loop. Not sure if this is still the case post publish though.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-18-2013, 02:27 PM
It didn't use to pop up with a transition at all in game. Had to tell people to use their beam out button. It has always had it where you could re-enter that custom map.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
02-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Yeah, it's a known issue. I empathize as it affects one of my projects as well, and resulted in a nasty one star review.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Yeah, it's a known issue. I empathize as it affects one of my projects as well, and resulted in a nasty one star review.
You have a mission? Which one is it?

@greendragoon
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I suspect this is one of those things where it didn't occur to whomever designed the Foundry that we'd want to go from a Cryptic map to a custom map and then back to a Cryptic map. Can't think of everything, right? lol.

RE said last night he was a little confused by my post, so here's the detailed version: When I made my mission that has this issue (which is called "Over There" btw), it was right after the Season 4 downtime. Essentially it has you talk to a contact in Starfleet Academy, then go to the door at the end of the hall to transition into a custom map, then you go back out and talk to that academy contact again, then enter a door on ESD which takes you to the rest of the mission. And at the end, you have to go back to talk to that academy contact a third time.

This was also before the big storyboard change. Originally, when you were done with that first custom map, you had to press the "Beam Out" button by the minimap to exit as no map transition would pop up (there was none on the storyboard either). I had to add some text to the dialogue telling people they had to do this. It would send them back outside the entry door at the Academy, and there would still be an option to re-enter the custom map.

After that big storyboard change (was that Season 6? I forget), suddenly there was a map transition from that custom map back to the academy. But it isn't in the storyboard so I can't change it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2013, 04:24 AM
I would love for this to work, as not only does it allow us to incorporate different locations to travel to during the mission, it also allows a "break" in the story, like we've seen during the episodes. Right now, the player is pretty much stuck doing the entire mission as is, regardless of length.

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
02-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
You have a mission? Which one is it?
This particular one is called "Qo'noS Noir" ST-HQU4RZHOO.
Captain
# 9
02-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Dev has Foundry mission!

I hope you don't mind, but every podcast is going to review your missions next week. That happens when a dev makes a Foundry mission.

Come on Primetime for an author interview!

Last edited by kirksplat; 02-20-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Actually, I can't find it. Checked Holodeck and Tribble.

@greendragoon