Commander
# 1 AFK in pvp! Greifing!
02-20-2013, 07:17 PM
I have played this game since launch, and I am sad. The ground pvp community is immature and unstable. They afk as many matches as they can and often, in an assault match, will pick up the virus then afk to greif their own team or not run the virus at all and spawn camp the 50 kill count out! We need some kind of defense against these kinds of behavior that is making me loose intrest in the game. Pvp is the best part of this game since it lacks WoW-like raids. And now you want to add fleet marks to the pvp missions! Do you know how many people will be afk/greifing now? I won't be able to Q. It's becomming depressing. I love Star Trek. Please respond with some kind of news to sooth my soul. I sobered up about a year ago and Star Trek has been my life since. Please give me some kind of news to make me feel batter about it.
Captain
# 2
02-20-2013, 07:22 PM
take the attack pattern delta doff and help out people under attack with it in stf's.

that'll make you feel better
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Lt. Commander
# 3 Declare War On Afkers
02-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Heres a new strategy for pvp. When u start a match everyone says "in" in zone.

If everyone sees an afker in the game after the first few exchanges, calmly cease fire and warp out.

This is equivalent to destroying their base. If people try to afk in pvp ill stay cloaked and go eat a sandwich after everyone else leaves.

Fight pvp afkers, a swarm is coming with from rewards for daily. Arm yourselves, warp on them.

ggs gl hf
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
+1

I support this idea, however, aren't you perpetuating the madness by eating a sandwich till everyone warps out?

Sounds like a double-edged sword. I'm cool with it.

Last edited by rooster75; 02-20-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Captain
# 5
02-20-2013, 08:36 PM
I usually just kill people I see sitting at the spawn, sometimes they try to heal or run so I can tell some of them don't like being killed. I'll go along with your idea if others in the match agree to it though.
Career Officer
# 6
02-20-2013, 08:36 PM
How about we do private OPvP matches instead?

If it gets so bad that we have to do that, we should use the tools at our disposal.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
How about we do private OPvP matches instead?

If it gets so bad that we have to do that, we should use the tools at our disposal.
if they give the completion for daily (they do) then i say we make REAL DEATHMATCH MARKFESTS where 10 v 10 only 5 kills.

yes it will be done
Captain
# 8
02-20-2013, 09:36 PM
People there for the marks aren't going to grief your mission by stalling completion because then they won't get paid. You have nothing to worry about there. At worst they'll do nothing, at best they'll attack aggressively to try to end it. You're more likely to see cases where everyone attacks, no one defends.
Commander
# 9
02-20-2013, 09:43 PM
I quite enjoy it when people pick up the virus and then fight on the bridge the whole match. It ensures active PvP is happening. If I had a dollar for every time someone cloaked up and ran the virus the whole match and ended it prematurely... I'd be quite rich.

You don't need the virus to win Shanty. It's a crutch for bad teams and is only ever useful if you make the entire other team ragequit and beam out.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 10
02-20-2013, 10:40 PM
That's a great idea really. And le't do the same if we see spawn campers. Oh the irony, KvF queues would be instantly empty.