Career Officer
# 11
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm wanting that anti-AFK'er implementation. Where is it, when can we expect it, and will it actually work?
Captain
# 12
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
adding fleetmarks to pvp ? , when did pvp become fleet based ? .

only 1 day on tribble ? , is that realy enough time to test it ?
Captain
# 13
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
adding fleetmarks to pvp ? , when did pvp become fleet based ?
I think they are wanting to encourage fleets to PvP together. I think it's a good idea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are many problems with STO that only the Devs can fix. And they should...
At the same time, there are many problems that we are perfectly capable of fixing ourselves. And we should...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain
# 14
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
I think they are wanting to encourage fleets to PvP together. I think it's a good idea.
well we will have to agree to disagree then
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Loads of my fleet colleagues are setting up pvp's for our fleet only, as an "fleet" event and testing out their set ups.
Survivor of Remus
# 16
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
When are we going to get working Tholian Red Alerts in Tau Dewa?
Career Officer
# 17
02-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
adding fleetmarks to pvp ? , when did pvp become fleet based ? .

only 1 day on tribble ? , is that realy enough time to test it ?
PvP always takes a minimum of two players to perform so in effect it can be argued it is a group activity. Most people I know play several people per side anyways with fellow fleeties in private matches. It's also only offered once per day on the daily wrapper.

I also don't think it takes much testing to just change the numbers but then again more has gone wrong in the past over less. I'm happy about the upcoming changes across the board.
Ensign
# 18 Lag trek the final laggeer
02-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Yup still a lagging game atm pity really, dilith and refining it is the issue and the Devs know it. They will not make it to easy to refine in the future I mean 8k a day maybe a little more but still. I mean I have a small fortune of useless dilithium but only 8 k is really worth anything in one 24 hour period. Yup you Devs were right there is more useless dilithium to be made but only 8 k is useful 8 friggen k. I know most of you do not see other players game issues and prob do not care, but i must state that PWE is way behind the 8 ball on service. The ticket system is not great and no one responds. I do hope you guys can sort it but I am not wasting anymore time on this game, server stability is my main gripe LAGGING post Dec 7th has gotten worse and now unplayable. Whats the point being fleet leader and not being able to play. I really do think we who are not Europe and the USA get a lot less help. So Enjoy your ranking up people cause after you hit the top, the game tends to lack any true playable meaning and is boring. I hear this a lot so much it does my head in, no new real star trek content, just what I call BS content (New PVE missions) Where are the real spell binding stories and battles? Why the heck does Q come back and why do the space battles seem 1 dimensional? I mean LOL most pve for me are so easy and lacks a real need for tactics.
Boom few cannon salvos an ability here and there and shes is dead woo hoo. Lol that bc that cloaks and dies from a single salvo yeaaa peace all trekkers hope you do not get any issues in the future all the best
Career Officer
# 19
02-20-2013, 07:41 PM
I just happy that it only took a week to fix the BOff problem and the "2Min Universal Cooldown". Because that really wasn't having an adverse effect on the gaming experience.
So what if you are in the middle of an Elite STF and one of 5 has to fly off into space.

You don't think that those two should have been addressed Last Friday?
You knew on Thurs that the Thurs Patch broke it.
Was Taiwan on a long Holiday and you couldn't get permission to Fix anything?
Community Moderator
# 20
02-20-2013, 07:42 PM
PvP has always been an inherently fleet-friendly activity. As early as Closed Beta, there were entire fleets forming for the express purpose of PvP, and many of the best PvPers in the game got that way because they had strong support from many friends gathered together to discuss strategy and tactics.

Cryptic's also had a long history of wanting to provide reasons for non-PvPers to give it a try. If you want challenge to come from something other than just more HP and higher DPS from the enemy, there's nothing that can compare.

Adding more Fleet Marks to PvP is a no-brainer; they just need to make sure it doesn't add more AFKers. However, fleet-based PvPing is a good cure for AFKers; you're grouping with people you know. Assuming the whole fleet isn't there to AFK...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Closed Thread