Lt. Commander
# 2611
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanaldusmagnus View Post
Also, after looking at the patch notes for tomorrow, I am cautiously optimistic. Hopefully things will be better with this patch, but what are they not telling you, and what will they break when this patch goes live?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/24394025.jpg

that is all ... lol
Career Officer
# 2612
02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Guys, let's not lower ourselves to the pettyness we saw earlier in this thread and move on.
Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
D.Stahl on Epohh's: instead of being stuck grinding rabbits in the slums
IRREGULAR CritD and CritH via EXTENSIVE TESTING
Republic Veteran
# 2613
02-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smscientist View Post
In the face of this fail, the ONLY thing that should come out of ANYONE representing Cryptic/ PWE's mouth should be, "We really screwed up, we are sorry, we are fixing it."
True. If someone did something to me, saying they were sorry and admitting their mistakes really does make me feel a little better about it all. Just feels as if there is an arrogance about Cryptic. Sometimes in life you meet people like that. No matter how many times they are proven wrong, they simply cannot ever admit they might have been. I know in the last few days there have been concessions and words of apology, but it still feels sometimes like it's too little, too late.

I hope they can improve their rapport with us.
# 2614
02-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntlessf05 View Post
I lol'd pretty hard at that one
Ensign
# 2615
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
True. If someone did something to me, saying they were sorry and admitting their mistakes really does make me feel a little better about it all. Just feels as if there is an arrogance about Cryptic. Sometimes in life you meet people like that. No matter how many times they are proven wrong, they simply cannot ever admit they might have been. I know in the last few days there have been concessions and words of apology, but it still feels sometimes like it's too little, too late.

I hope they can improve their rapport with us.
I am sorry but I must have missed where there was a visible, unequivocal apology. I scanned the forums with a microscope and found something like "It might not have been the brightest idea but you guys made me do it." It FEELS as if there is arrogance because there IS arrogance. And it IS too little WAY too late. I could log in to find that mythical "boatload" of dil along with the imaginary surplus of fleet marks I am supposed to have in my account according to metrics and find all my ships have been latinum-plated compliments of the STO crew and nothing... NOTHING... but an acknowledgment of error in ignoring the players on Tribble in the FIRST place will make this ok.
Captain
# 2616
02-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Let's say they do apologize - then what?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
# 2617
02-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
For what it's worth, check out the Tribble patch notes that just went up:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91&postcount=1
This , if this hits Holodeck that is a good start.

Then major bugs and legacy bugs can be fixed.

And perhaps more enjoyable content. of course this mayy allready turn off some of the grind.

Thank You Dan, PWE/Cryptic Devs for a solution.

A lesson i would learn here is;

1.) if you have atleast a temporary fix ready when you pull something out, that is percieved as better.

2.)Be decent with me ad i'll be decent back., Albiet i will try to be as respectful as possable, Trust me i have learned from my ban and my most recent warning.

3.) Garner our Trust Better, Faster!

Now may the Great Bird of the Galaxy Cradle you in Peace.

And Dan,
Take care of your daughter as i know you will.

Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009! :smile:
Republic Veteran
# 2618
02-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smscientist View Post
I am sorry but I must have missed where there was a visible, unequivocal apology.
Go back and read my post again. Seems like you only read what you wanted to read.
# 2619
02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
We don't need another discussion, we need an open and transparant dialogue between the team at Cryptic and all of those in the community that wish to partake.
Something tells me, it won't happen, the smart arse in me, wants to say, the "metrics" won't allow it. But in all honesty given the track record, I can't see it, they live and breathe reactionary management and metrics. its all they know.

Just another systematic, failure.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2620
02-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Let's say they do apologize - then what?
An apology is due, and while I've admitted fault in previous posts about this , I'll do so again in this one.

The release that was pushed to Holodeck last week failed in several critical ways. There was a failure on the part of a designer to test their work before it was checked into the game.

Similarly, there was a failure in communication with the QA team on the said check in and on top of that, no one headed the concerns on TRIBBLE.

Ultimately, this is all my responsibility as the lead on the team and I do apologize.

There has been corrective action on our end to address this issue and it is our intention that the build going out to Holodeck tomorrow will resolve problems introduced last week.

This doesn't mean that all bugs on Holodeck are magically gone, it means that we are looking into the processes that cause these bugs and taking action to correct them.

In addition, the removal of Fleet Marks was a heavy handed change. It needed to be done because it was getting out of hand and there was an ever increasing amount of exploitation in the Foundry to maximum Fleet Mark rewards. That said, we should have had the Fleet Mark changes we are making this week ready to go last week so there wouldn't have been a week with the drop in Fleet Mark earning.

Again sorry. It doesn't make us feel any better when we make stupid mistakes.

Similarly, it is disheartening when several members of the community make harsh comments towards a team that is working many hours of OT to bring new content to STO.

Be frustrated with me all you want, but every member of the team is pouring their lives into making this game better. While you may not see that on any given day, when you look back at where this game has come from, every year we make big strides in moving forward. They deserve a lot of credit for that.

While you may not agree with all of our designs and decisions, the proof is in the success the game is having and how much the game continues to grow. While we don't share our internal information, STO is the best performing game for Perfect World Entertainment and is enjoy month after month increases in new captains.

Having just celebrated our 3 year anniversary, there should be no doubt in your mind that we will be here for year 4 and beyond. We have a lot of good stuff in the works for our next May update and you'll see what we've been talking about in a little less than a months time.

So thank you for the constructive feedback. I do apologize on the behalf of the team. We appreciate your continued support and understand if we tarnished ourselves with last week's update. We will learn and move on.

And now... back to work.

Last edited by dastahl; 02-20-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Closed Thread