Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 274
# 41
02-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I see the feds took the moral high ground again by just offering insults instead of anything constructive. Is this the star fleet way now? To gobble up all before them like some smiling borg.
How sad.

The AA or PL will end up in a LB only becuase Cryptic wants the flash revenue and for no other reason. Still the feds will pat themselves on the back and take it as a victory while showing all non-fans out there looking at the game how selfish they can really be.
Roach, dont insult the Borg ! Atleast they make their intentions known right at the start..
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 42
02-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Personally I thought sticking FEDs with Bio Neural Warhead (which is junk) was pretty funny.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,105
# 43
02-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
"Once everyone is super...then no one will be."
You say that like its a bad thing or some potential future, when in fact we all already are the same. We're all human players using tactical, engineer, and science captains, blasting Borg or Tholians or whatever. The only difference is interface colors and what skins we use while doing so, plus a few minor ship stat differences and a few consoles. Ultimately we're all doing the same thing day after day, so who cares what gadgets get mixed and matched?

And misunderstand this isn't me being simply dismissive of the KDF. I'm dismissive of the entire concept of factions altogether. We're all playing the same game, with a 'story' thats a nonsensical justification to blow stuff up. Neither side is anything close to their source material, and there's nothing here to encourage loyalty to one or the other. And yet we get people who seem to have decided that for some reason their side is 'better' or have decided that they're owed something or that they're special, then use that as justfication to stomp around being hostile to other players because their HUDs are a different color. We're all just players, and this faux tribalism doesn't do anything useful, just start fights (as this thread has so clearly demonstrated). There's nothing here worth fighting over. Let the Feds use the Plasmonic Leech, led the Klingons drive the Kumari, who freaking cares?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,322
# 44
02-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Personally I thought sticking FEDs with Bio Neural Warhead (which is junk) was pretty funny.
it's not exactly junk, but it is situational, kind of like the nadeon detonator (which the KDF got in exchange for the bio-neural) was before it got patched to modify any standard torpedo and not just photon
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,450
# 45
02-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
You say that like its a bad thing or some potential future, when in fact we all already are the same. We're all human players using tactical, engineer, and science captains, blasting Borg or Tholians or whatever. The only difference is interface colors and what skins we use while doing so, plus a few minor ship stat differences and a few consoles. Ultimately we're all doing the same thing day after day, so who cares what gadgets get mixed and matched?

And misunderstand this isn't me being simply dismissive of the KDF. I'm dismissive of the entire concept of factions altogether. We're all playing the same game, with a 'story' thats a nonsensical justification to blow stuff up. Neither side is anything close to their source material, and there's nothing here to encourage loyalty to one or the other. And yet we get people who seem to have decided that for some reason their side is 'better' or have decided that they're owed something or that they're special, then use that as justfication to stomp around being hostile to other players because their HUDs are a different color. We're all just players, and this faux tribalism doesn't do anything useful, just start fights (as this thread has so clearly demonstrated). There's nothing here worth fighting over. Let the Feds use the Plasmonic Leech, led the Klingons drive the Kumari, who freaking cares?

I don't think a majority of the playerbase would agree, and while that is simple speculation on my part, people have gotten used to having the two groups. Plus, I dunno if it would really work, because getting rid of the faction part of the game, would have to make everyone totally equal, and might be more of a problem than it's worth. Because on that, you'd have like Feds in BoPs. They wouldn't 'be' Feds because there's no factions, but they wouldnt 'be' KDF either. It'd be messing up the game's canon and logic way more than it already does.

That aside, a big problem in the future would be that the power creep would be so huge, that newer players would be at such a disadvantage (they are now already), they probably wouldn't want to bother continuing. In turn, those players at the top of the power creep would want content to be a challenge, which is fine, but again, doesn't really help out the newer players.

Also, people like variety. Yes, the factions are awfully close in that there's little difference anymore, but the difference IS there. There's differences in the classes as well, and while there's overlaps, they are still differences regardless.

If it was all one 'generic class' with an all-encompassing faction, it might work, but it might also be dull in a way. Plus there would still be pseudo-classes because we'd still probably have skills, skills which would let us focus on what we wanted to do: DPS, tanking, or debuffing/CC, or other things, in which case, we'd be almost where we are now anyways.

Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 57
# 46
02-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Tell you what, from now on PLEASE give feds all the good universal consoles and weapons in ships they have to pay 1500 zen for, and then give US versions we can pick up on the exchange for 500k EC for a change.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 57
# 47
02-21-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Personally I thought sticking FEDs with Bio Neural Warhead (which is junk) was pretty funny.
Devs: "Here! Have that BNW you've been wanting!"
Feds: "Yay!"
Devs: "Oh, and while we're at it, have a 50% nerf to it too!" </trollface>
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,798
# 48
02-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
You say that like its a bad thing or some potential future, when in fact we all already are the same. We're all human players using tactical, engineer, and science captains, blasting Borg or Tholians or whatever. The only difference is interface colors and what skins we use while doing so, plus a few minor ship stat differences and a few consoles. Ultimately we're all doing the same thing day after day, so who cares what gadgets get mixed and matched?

And misunderstand this isn't me being simply dismissive of the KDF. I'm dismissive of the entire concept of factions altogether. We're all playing the same game, with a 'story' thats a nonsensical justification to blow stuff up. Neither side is anything close to their source material, and there's nothing here to encourage loyalty to one or the other. And yet we get people who seem to have decided that for some reason their side is 'better' or have decided that they're owed something or that they're special, then use that as justfication to stomp around being hostile to other players because their HUDs are a different color. We're all just players, and this faux tribalism doesn't do anything useful, just start fights (as this thread has so clearly demonstrated). There's nothing here worth fighting over. Let the Feds use the Plasmonic Leech, led the Klingons drive the Kumari, who freaking cares?
*facepalm* ; *double facepalm* ; *tripple facepalm* ; *quad facepalm* ; *and so on untill facepalm myslef to sleep*
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,322
# 49
02-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwashu View Post
Devs: "Here! Have that BNW you've been wanting!"
Feds: "Yay!"
Devs: "Oh, and while we're at it, have a 50% nerf to it too!" </trollface>
that wasn't an intended nerf though, and it's being fixed later today...or it already was last week...or something like that; i can't keep the patch notes straight anymore
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 57
# 50
02-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Okay, that's good to know about the BNW. But my point about wanting the Fed players to get the good universal consoles that cost them 1500 zen and then us to get the cross faction box versions that cost us 500k EC on the exchange, still stands.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 PM.