Captain
# 141
02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
I swapped out my Tricobalts for Quantums, saw a measurable increase in my damage capability. Don't see the point in Trics on either my cruiser or my sci ship.

Once again it would appear to be a nerf to something because of over zealous tactical captains doing what is deemed "too much" damage.
Empire Veteran
# 142
02-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Well, they are going to restore the Temporal Disruption Device and Bioneurals in the next patch tomorrow, so there's that at least.

Captain
# 143
02-21-2013, 02:00 AM
I didn't realise they had nerfed the bioneural as well. I thought that these C Store/Lockbox weapons were exempt from nerfing. Guess that's why they changed it back.
Rihannsu
# 144
02-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
I didn't realise they had nerfed the bioneural as well. I thought that these C Store/Lockbox weapons were exempt from nerfing. Guess that's why they changed it back.
oh no, they're not; quite a few store things have been smacked with the nerf-bat in the past, the aceton assimilator being a popular example; don't know about lockbox stuff though
Ensign
# 145
02-21-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well, they are going to restore the Temporal Disruption Device and Bioneurals in the next patch tomorrow, so there's that at least.
Here's hoping the High-Yield TDD cooldown stays at 30 seconds (or better, to a sane 20)
Ensign
# 146
02-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Bring back our old Tricobalt mines, buarp. You ruined them and the Brel is a piece of **** now. A lot of ppl have been arse****ed by your fix for nothing. It took a lot of time to get the skills, items and timing right to make tricos work to maximize their power. Especially at shields they are not much worth. This is a big screw up. Now we probably all have to go back to cannon rapid fire 3, sitting like lame ducks and spreading **** like 99 % of all other players. How fascinating...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1316330080

****ing img tags aint working, ****.
Career Officer
# 147
02-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Please undo the changes made to tricobalt. DPS only with DHC is boring.
Career Officer
# 148
02-25-2013, 11:59 PM
I really don't like the additional nerfs to Tricobalts.

Before Season 5, Tricobalts were meant as a Very Heavy Kinetic Device that the MKX's with around 26,000 listed damage.

Then they were changed so Tricobalt Mines worked with Mine Patterns, and Devices worked with High Yield and Torpedo Spread, which mandaged their high damage values to be reduced so the High Yield Tricobalts would equate to the original Tricobalt Device damage values.

But in the last month, because people were using Tricobalts with Mine Patterns to solo STFs and other PvE missions that they were now regarded to be "too good" and was nerfed even more. And to me, Cryptic has nerfed them beyond nerfed.

Right now, the Tricobalts with High Yield barely hit as half as they use to, and is more efficient to use Quantums for pure DPS. But ironically the Borg V'ger Torpedoes can hit as well as the old Tricobalts.

So I would like Cryptic to revert the Tricobalts to their original damage value, people played them because of those Big Bangs. And if Mine Patterns made Tricobalt Mines too good, then you (the dev team) should've limited Tricobalt Mines or reverted them where they didn't work at all with Mine Patterns.

In short, you guys should've left Tricobalts alone, they were fine as they were.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.