Career Officer
# 1 Unhappy with Recluse Carrier
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM
I won a Recluse Carrier recently, in a competition of skill. I know the fleet member who put this generous prize up spent considerable resources putting it up, but now that I have used the ship for a few days, I am a little unhappy having accepted it, while it may have made another fleet member happier.

My last ship was a Vesta which I played with great sucess as a Science captain in an Energy Siphon build running Polarized Disruptor beam arrays. In any pvp match I can be one of the top performers in damage and healing, and I felt quite powerful. In this Recluse I feel like a chump.

I know its not supposed to do a lot of damage, but I was in a pvp where I felt like I was in on every kill in a 15-0, but I did such little damage it acually scored me with 0 kills.

The turn rate is dreadfull, I can barely keep a broadside running, Subnucleonic Beams are not available when I want them whithout dedicating a console slot to Sub Space Jump, it isnt as tanky as I thought it would be, and I dont notice any pets doing damage, and I have them all, right up to Elite Scorpions.

What to do? I dont want to junk the ship, and I dont like using an engineer commander boff, despite how nice Aux to Sif 3 is, I cant find enough skills I like in a commander and lt commander slot.

Does anyone have any ideas of how a sci in a Recluse can do better then how I did in my Shiphon Vesta?
Career Officer
# 2
02-20-2013, 06:24 PM
It's a healer. That's its biggest strength because of its boff layout.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 3
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
It's a healer. That's its biggest strength because of its boff layout.
To expand on my friend Snog's point: It's the only ship in the game that combines LTC Science with LTC Engineering and CMDR Engineering powers to put, in one place, the biggest battery of healing executable by a single ship. The fact that it has hangars to expand its crowd control, healing, or to a lesser degree damage dealing, makes it probably one of the, if not the, level best force-multiplier a team can utilize.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Captain
# 4
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Aux to SIF 3 is ~10.2k with 55% resist every 15 seconds. More if you use it's DOff.

Built properly, it's an amazing tank/healer.

Otherwise, you can run some nice CC as well. It's turn rate isn't the greatest (especially when coming from a Vesta), but it's still higher than the other Carriers. Plus Elite Scorpions/Peregrines can be pretty nasty.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 5
02-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post
I won a Recluse Carrier recently, in a competition of skill. I know the fleet member who put this generous prize up spent considerable resources putting it up, but now that I have used the ship for a few days, I am a little unhappy having accepted it, while it may have made another fleet member happier.

My last ship was a Vesta which I played with great sucess as a Science captain in an Energy Siphon build running Polarized Disruptor beam arrays. In any pvp match I can be one of the top performers in damage and healing, and I felt quite powerful. In this Recluse I feel like a chump.

I know its not supposed to do a lot of damage, but I was in a pvp where I felt like I was in on every kill in a 15-0, but I did such little damage it acually scored me with 0 kills.

The turn rate is dreadfull, I can barely keep a broadside running, Subnucleonic Beams are not available when I want them whithout dedicating a console slot to Sub Space Jump, it isnt as tanky as I thought it would be, and I dont notice any pets doing damage, and I have them all, right up to Elite Scorpions.

What to do? I dont want to junk the ship, and I dont like using an engineer commander boff, despite how nice Aux to Sif 3 is, I cant find enough skills I like in a commander and lt commander slot.

Does anyone have any ideas of how a sci in a Recluse can do better then how I did in my Shiphon Vesta?
Thanks for this post. To quote my fav engineer: the right tool for the right job. What u have on your hands is probably the games best healer. Treat it as such and it will perform like a champ.

If you like, you can use my build as a starting place along with any responses the other healers have regarding this build. There are others far more skilled in healing than i
am.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...enghealer_1810

With that said, find someone who can teach you some basics about healing and you will be healing in the millions in no time. I am not joking. Other recluse pilots will tell you that it is not uncommon to go well over6 mill healing and more. Don't underestimate the power of a good healer.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Commander
# 6
02-21-2013, 01:51 AM
The recluse is the best, and I mean the BEST team healer/tank in game. Theres a lot of awesome heals and sci magic available to you, add the reinforced shield drones and your talking about an un-killable build.

If you want some help, pm me in game and we can work your build, boff layout, and doffs.

My in game in @Polie
Commander
# 7
02-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post

hehe you sci are not accustomed to the slow turn rate. Imao all cruisers "like the carriers" have a terrible turn rate and what no one cares
Proudly lagging through sto universe since season 8,5