Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 21
02-21-2013, 03:53 AM
I thought APO and Polarize were of no help against multiple Danube tractors?

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Rihannsu
# 22
02-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
just use a polarize hull or apo, those will brake the tractor immediatly
that works for the first wave of danubes, but once either of those effects end, the carrier just launches a new wave of them with fresh tractors and your tractor-breaker is still recharging...that's the real problem here; not that the danubes are OP'd, but that they can be replaced too damn fast, and the same could be said for many other pets, come to think of it
Captain
# 23
02-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Exactly I can load a polarized hull and an omega and completely walk through a sci ship with 2 tractor beams... because I can clearly see when his buff is up and when its not... and SHOCKING revelation the cool downs on the abilities and the cool downs on there counters JIVE... you can infact counter ever time.

Dannoobs not so much they don't have cool downs they just tractor and tractor like the dumb AI they are... they are not balanced against the counters. I can't use skill to time a counter... they are lazy always on tractor boats. That take 100% 0 skill to use. Can they be countered sure... I don't die to danube morons... unless I am fighting multiple danube morons. However they are no fun to counter because there is no skill involved.... your right ... I stop break my well designed build and install a polarized hull with my omega + doff setup to be immune 100% instead of using my own personal skill to NOT have to run a ZERO skill build with 100% resist up time to counter.

For the record this thread started about dannoob fighters... but its true of any of the pets that have sci/engi cast abilities... pets shouldn't be firing Aceton at a rate = 3x that of what a cruiser can do... Seriously think about it a karfi loads an aceton they can fire it once every 1:30... the pets just spam it... If aceton wasn't laughable it would be more of an issue.

The way I see NO pets should drop more spam (mines of any kind)... or fire off abilities that SHOULD be on a players ability bar....

UNLESS
Cryptic was able to ADD a Special skill button to the pet interface... that would allow the PLAYER to cast the ability (not the AI)... the abilities would have cool downs (LONGER Then player boff skills I mean come on here there pets)... and the cool downs would not reset by just launching new fighters. At that point I would be fine with pets with a player controled tractor beam on a 2min cool down... or an Aceton on the same... heck they could even add real dmg pets that cast Attack patterns ect.... BUT on longer cool downs then boff skills.

.... Thinking about it. They did go half way there with the recluse... the recluse pets work in tandum with the recluse console... allowing the pet ability to work as a player skill... (and frankly having some opportunity cost as you can run those pets with out the skill by loosing the console)

What if ALL the pets had a console... that gave them an ability. (or just make one universal pet console that would fire off the pets selected special ability) the console can have its own 2min cool down or what ever like the recluse console. Tech is already in game for that.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 02-21-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
02-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
that works for the first wave of danubes, but once either of those effects end, the carrier just launches a new wave of them with fresh tractors and your tractor-breaker is still recharging...that's the real problem here; not that the danubes are OP'd, but that they can be replaced too damn fast, and the same could be said for many other pets, come to think of it
That I agree with. I would much prefer more durable pets (for example, by having higher Defense, justifiable by their size) with a higher cooldown, more in line with the cooldowns for other summonable pets such as the Device Scorpion fighters or Fleet Support. Mainly because I like systems to be consistent across the board, though.

Of course I would also like the pets to stay in fight even when the carrier is taken out, just because it makes more sense.

Last edited by sophlogimo; 02-21-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Just gunna quote myself from last year:
Quote:
If we're talking about the DaNoobes, then I definitely agree with you on tractor beam spam, as far as I'm concerned pets should only do damage and not skills or proc effects (like phaser :/)

P,s That was actually in a thread about plasmonic leach. Can I get that on my fed yet? It's a pretty unbelievable console considering.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.
Rihannsu
# 26
02-21-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
If aceton wasn't laughable it would be more of an issue.
i wouldn't exactly call it laughable, but i just find warp plasma has a wider range of uses, even if it takes some creative maneuvering to deploy it in a cruiser/carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkirrahe View Post
P,s That was actually in a thread about plasmonic leach. Can I get that on my fed yet? It's a pretty unbelievable console considering.
not yet, no, but i would figure if not in the next cross-faction console pack, then the one after it

Last edited by shadowfang240; 02-21-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 27
02-21-2013, 05:58 AM
Danubes (most pets really) are indeed a problem... it takes away from the PvP experience

Perhaps a focus should also be put on the sheer number of movement debuffs/stuns that currently exisit in this game...

tractors - danubes, borg set, BO skill, etc
chronitons (torp, mines, beam)
tgt engines
VM
Phaser proc
grav anchor, burst, etc...
psw
tric
anything that siphons pwr
temporal?
etc...

I don't think any other specific component of the game has that many debuffs...
Rihannsu
# 28
02-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancejr View Post
Danubes (most pets really) are indeed a problem... it takes away from the PvP experience

Perhaps a focus should also be put on the sheer number of movement debuffs/stuns that currently exisit in this game...

tractors - danubes, borg set, BO skill, etc
chronitons (torp, mines, beam)
tgt engines
VM
Phaser proc
grav anchor, burst, etc...
psw
tric
anything that siphons pwr
temporal?
etc...

I don't think any other specific component of the game has that many debuffs...
a lot of the skills listed there are science skills, and science is supposed to be about debuffing and CC, so i wouldn't say that's too many

and what PvP experience? on any given day, all the queues put together barely have 20 people in them, even at peak hours...which honestly sucks, because i actually like fighting against human players, win or lose
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
Proposition:nerf advanced danubes as hard as siphon drones are now

Siphon drones were capped so they have a limit on how much they drain a ship

I think it would be fair to make the same thing to danubes (simple or advanced) so they can't stop you anymore ,just slow you to .25 % of maximum speed .

I got killed by federation teams running a armitage/vesta with danubes

Danubes tractor me ,i use evasive ,got tractored by the ship ,i use apo ,got vm /scramble sensors/ams and many times by this time my ship is blown.

Another ugly thing about them that they stay even if the ship which launched them is gone
Sometime I try to capture a point in C&H and I have to fight with danubes while the vesta who launched them is capturing other point.And danubes can't be killed easily unfortunately.

If things won't change no problem I will adapt but i think that it would be fair that danubes have a speed cap limit just as siphon drones have for a long time .

lol i hate them too, my friend is sci in a vesta and runs those runabout pets that tractor and use chroniton, he also uses 2 copies of VM and VM Doffs plus his own ship tractor and jam sensors and uses both the rom placate and adv maco shield placate,,he is very difficult to kill 1 on 1.
Captain
# 30
02-21-2013, 07:13 AM
I run Aux2batt/tech doffs and APO. You're never catching me with anything, ever!

Unless I get spammed, which is annoying, but hey, did you know that EWP immobilizes all them pets flying behind you, allowing you to break away? Better yet, do you know how much damage can EWP1 do with 150 particle gens?

Of course there comes a time when I'm all out of counters, but that means you're all outta ships (coz mah whole team's been wailing on your's while you're all trying to chase down a puny Akira with your pets.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.