Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,760
# 51
02-21-2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwashu View Post
Okay, that's good to know about the BNW. But my point about wanting the Fed players to get the good universal consoles that cost them 1500 zen and then us to get the cross faction box versions that cost us 500k EC on the exchange, still stands.
they would have to get some actual, truly universal consoles first; most of the ones that have been released recently are ship-specific universals
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
# 52
02-21-2013, 04:19 AM
The KDF always whines in threads like this because they know they have the better offensive consoles and always have. They don't want the playing field leveled.

I'm still reminded of the outrage that occured when they thought the Feds were going to get the Plasmonic Leech console to combo with MACO shield. They went NUTS! However now that THEY have that combo and the feds dont they are oddly silent.

Next console swap should be Plasmonic Leech for Grappler.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,760
# 53
02-21-2013, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Next console swap should be Plasmonic Leech for Grappler.
i'm about to go against my support of the KDF for a brief moment of humor here, but...nah, the grappler's actually useful; make it the emission-seeking torpedo instead
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 54
02-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
You say that like its a bad thing or some potential future, when in fact we all already are the same. We're all human players using tactical, engineer, and science captains, blasting Borg or Tholians or whatever. The only difference is interface colors and what skins we use while doing so, plus a few minor ship stat differences and a few consoles. Ultimately we're all doing the same thing day after day, so who cares what gadgets get mixed and matched?

And misunderstand this isn't me being simply dismissive of the KDF. I'm dismissive of the entire concept of factions altogether. We're all playing the same game, with a 'story' thats a nonsensical justification to blow stuff up. Neither side is anything close to their source material, and there's nothing here to encourage loyalty to one or the other. And yet we get people who seem to have decided that for some reason their side is 'better' or have decided that they're owed something or that they're special, then use that as justfication to stomp around being hostile to other players because their HUDs are a different color. We're all just players, and this faux tribalism doesn't do anything useful, just start fights (as this thread has so clearly demonstrated). There's nothing here worth fighting over. Let the Feds use the Plasmonic Leech, led the Klingons drive the Kumari, who freaking cares?
We're all simple freighter captains endlessly ferrying cargo for our PWE overlords. Sounds a bit eerily like the last mission they released does it not? *Waits for Richard Castillo to approach. Waiting. Still waiting...Dammit.*
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 55
02-21-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
The KDF always whines in threads like this because they know they have the better offensive consoles and always have. They don't want the playing field leveled.

I'm still reminded of the outrage that occured when they thought the Feds were going to get the Plasmonic Leech console to combo with MACO shield. They went NUTS! However now that THEY have that combo and the feds dont they are oddly silent.

Next console swap should be Plasmonic Leech for Grappler.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 56
02-21-2013, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil
The KDF always whines in threads like this because they know they have the better offensive consoles and always have. They don't want the playing field leveled.

I'm still reminded of the outrage that occured when they thought the Feds were going to get the Plasmonic Leech console to combo with MACO shield. They went NUTS! However now that THEY have that combo and the feds dont they are oddly silent.

Next console swap should be Plasmonic Leech for Edit(Anything I dont care!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This
Thats how I remember the argument going often: "Ahh but you feds have the maco so it evens it out!" Even though that was complete bull as the maco was supposed to be balanced against the KHG shield not a universal console. And now they have both leach and maco.

Thats fair. :]

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 57
02-21-2013, 05:04 AM
All of you are also forgetting that many KDF players came out and said adaptive maco and the PL was unbalanced.
But hey, you feds have an odd way of remembering every in a fashion that makes you seem more spotless white than the often grey you really are so meh.

Many of you argued that the original danube TB spamming shuttles where balanced when they came out, so please pot meet the kettle.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 02-21-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 58
02-21-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
All of you are also forgetting that many KDF players came out and said adaptive maco and the PL was unbalanced.
But hey, you feds have an odd way of remembering every in a fashion that makes you seem more spotless white than the often grey you really are so meh.
I wasn't saying that "KDF players are all exploiting nasty faces!" I was saying there is no reason to not allow access of the plasmonic leach to the fed side in terms of balance, because right now it's imbalanced. Tbh I'm not a fed or kdf, just a player with capped characters both sides, I'd just like this particular example of imbalance to be fairer.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 59
02-21-2013, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkirrahe View Post
I wasn't saying that "KDF players are all exploiting nasty faces!" I was saying there is no reason to not allow access of the plasmonic leach to the fed side in terms of balance, because right now it's imbalanced. Tbh I'm not a fed or kdf, just a player with capped characters both sides, I'd just like this particular example of imbalance to be fairer.
Then remember that the Devs said all consoles that are not specificly bound to a single ship are going to eventualy be availible to all factions. This arguing on whom is more exploitive than the other is moot and silly. Both sides exploit until said exploit is fixed. Then both sides find new exploits.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
# 60
02-21-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Many of you argued that the original danube TB spamming shuttles where balanced when they came out, so please pot meet the kettle.
Personally I believe the Orion Slavers should be given a tractor beam. Makes more sense than any other KDF pets having one and I think the KDF should get one in all fairness.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:59 PM.