Lieutenant
# 1 Thank You Cryptic!
02-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Thank You Cryptic!

In light of all the negative posts I have seen, I wanted to remind myself (and others) that the developers are also people. People working long hours to keep this game running, to provide new content, and to make an enjoyable experience for everyone who plays.

Sometimes we get frustrated because a patch changed the game in a way we did not like. Sometimes we get upset because a game play bug made it difficult to enjoy the game.

But at the end of the day, all I really know is that I really like this game. I like the space combat. I like the ground missions. I like the different ships and how a different ship will completely change my play style. I like the flexibility in creating my own alien species. I like the animations and the visual presentation of this game. I like how easy it is to pick up and play, and the surprising level of depth this game provides.

So again, thank you . Nicely done!
Captain
# 2
02-21-2013, 07:47 AM
+1

Thank you for not being EVE Online.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 3
02-21-2013, 07:51 AM
I agree with haldan1968 in every way! This should also be extended to the website team as well as they keep us all up to date with a gorgeous looking site.

Awesome work everyone at Cryptic.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Thank you Cryptic, keep up the good work.
Commander
# 5
02-21-2013, 08:15 AM
shameless.
Career Officer
# 6
02-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I agree but only to a point. What got people so upset was the change with no heads up and with very little thought on the effect that such a change would make.

Devs do a great job here, but they need to take a little more time before just shoving things in our faces.

McCoy: It's a song, you green-blooded... Vulcan. You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing it.
Spock: Oh, I am sorry Doctor. Were we having a good time?
McCoy: God I liked him better before he died.
Lieutenant
# 7
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Well said, haldan.

I would just like to add:

Trekkies want perfection when it comes to Star Trek, you mess something up they rage.
Gamers want perfection when it comes their games, you mess something up they rage.

Trekkies + Gamers != good combination for devs

Although when you factor in a great game, you get an EXTREMELY satisfied community. I would say that the majority of the time, Cryptic has a satisfied community.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haldan1968 View Post
Thank You Cryptic!

In light of all the negative posts I have seen, I wanted to remind myself (and others) that the developers are also people. People working long hours to keep this game running, to provide new content, and to make an enjoyable experience for everyone who plays.

Sometimes we get frustrated because a patch changed the game in a way we did not like. Sometimes we get upset because a game play bug made it difficult to enjoy the game.

But at the end of the day, all I really know is that I really like this game. I like the space combat. I like the ground missions. I like the different ships and how a different ship will completely change my play style. I like the flexibility in creating my own alien species. I like the animations and the visual presentation of this game. I like how easy it is to pick up and play, and the surprising level of depth this game provides.

So again, thank you . Nicely done!
You're very welcome!
Career Officer
# 9
02-21-2013, 06:54 PM
with all the hiccups with season 7 you guy's have done an awesome job with ships. the holiday event 3rd birthday was epic. keep up the good work can't for May update .
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
02-21-2013, 07:11 PM
I still haven't forgiven you for nerfing the balloon extinguisher, but I kinda like you Cryptics.