Captain
# 21
02-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Bridge Commander Files. There are so many great mods for Bridge Commander.
This is a large community that is still very active.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort
Hahahaha, thanks Cryptic, for doing your part to make the F2P transition of SWTOR such a success!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
This is a large community that is still very active.
BC files is pretty awful now. It used to be awesome, but sadly, in recent years it has become increasingly unreliable.

A lot of the stuff that goes up there nowadays is made on BC-Central anyway.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.
Captain
# 23
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
@charliescot25

The best game would be Starfleet Command not to shun out Raven Night but Talden did it best not Acti.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
02-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
@charliescot25

The best game would be Starfleet Command not to shun out Raven Night but Talden did it best not Acti.
Raven night! Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. He was the founder of BCU though and as far as I know has nothing to do with the game anymore.
At least, I haven't heard of him being around for several years now.

BC ftw
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
@charliescot25

Heck yeah Age, straight up!
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
02-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Bridge Commander was and still is my all time favourite Star Trek game. The story was good, gameplay was solid and the multiplayer in STILL great fun even today. The graphics were pretty epic for the time as well, glowing warp nacelles etc. Games just aren't made with the same care anymore, it's sadly all about the graphics and money making potential spitting out crappy annual releases to milk the franchise instead of making something that will stand the test of time.

I was actually thinking the other day, if I had millions I'd like to try and get something made like a melding of Bridge Commander and Elite Force.... the possibilities lol...
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Career Officer
# 27
02-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
BC files is pretty awful now. It used to be awesome, but sadly, in recent years it has become increasingly unreliable.

A lot of the stuff that goes up there nowadays is made on BC-Central anyway.
I've got to disagree with that. Although i don't bo9ther with their foums, all of the best content for Bridge Commander and instructions on how to install them are there. There is no other place with the resources and content that Bridge Commander Files has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpterrell View Post
Bridge Commander was and still is my all time favourite Star Trek game. The story was good, gameplay was solid and the multiplayer in STILL great fun even today. The graphics were pretty epic for the time as well, glowing warp nacelles etc. Games just aren't made with the same care anymore, it's sadly all about the graphics and money making potential spitting out crappy annual releases to milk the franchise instead of making something that will stand the test of time.

I was actually thinking the other day, if I had millions I'd like to try and get something made like a melding of Bridge Commander and Elite Force.... the possibilities lol...
I would definitely be on board with that!
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
02-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
I've got to disagree with that. Although i don't bo9ther with their foums, all of the best content for Bridge Commander and instructions on how to install them are there. There is no other place with the resources and content that Bridge Commander Files has.
Oh, BCfiles has the content no doubt but it's become very unreliable in the last 2 years or so. Throwing up random 500s and 404s every so often and that's if you can connect at all! A few years back they basically cut off access from quite a few countries, restrictions that are still in effect afaik.
Also, there isn't much in the way of actual instructions on BCfiles iirc. Lots of content, but not much help if it's needed. What help and tips that have been posted up there is likely old and outdated. It's why ancient (and absolutely obsolete) tools like BCMP and BCMI are still in the top 10 downloads for bcfiles!

BC-central has the information on it's boards. If it isn't there, then it's a sure bet that someone there will know what you need to know!

It's a shame they can't sort out the npc models or the animations though!

Last edited by captainoblivous; 02-21-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Captain
# 29
02-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post

It's a shame they can't sort out the npc models or the animations though!
I thought they did, The bridge plugin system was supposed to be it's savior. I left the game about the time it was becoming popular because some of the creators elitist attitudes were overwhelming. I saw recently a new group building bridges but am unsure if they were using the plugin system or something else. I used to manipulate the animations with the tools the BC devs used and a hex editor. Funny, some of my files are still up on bcfiles.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lieutenant
# 30
02-21-2013, 03:20 PM
i have fond memories of playing st generations back in 97.

after watching a few videos of it, i honestly cant remember why..