Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 114
# 41
02-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
Lets make a list of everything that drops a tractor
1) PH
2) APO
3) Subspace jump
4) tric mines
5) tgt aux
6) phot shockwave
7) any placate
8) time bubble
9) Backstep
10) kill ship using it
11) TDD
13) 3 part Maco set ability
14) vesta 3 part abitiy

Now I see 14 ways to counter 1 ability so unless you completely fail at building a ship you have no reason to complain. And I don't want to hear any of this " oh well I shouldn't have to break my build to counter it" just adapt and overcome


So according to you we would need a vesta with the wells backstep using 3 piece maco, and placates with sub jump,,cobalt mines,,apo,,,tgt aux,,TDD,,PH,,phot shockwave,,,let me know when you find this ship.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,263
# 42
02-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
This is flawed logic,,,as how many ships do you know have ALL these qualities at once? And your failing to recognize its continued tractor spam from those pets,,you break out using 1-2 abilities then the main ship tractors and spams VM while releasing more tractor spam pets
engineering team does completely clear viral matrix, but since it shares CD with tac team,and pretty much everyone runs dual copies of that, hardly anyone goes into PvP with it...well, hardly anyone who knows what they're doing
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 114
# 43
02-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
engineering team does completely clear viral matrix, but since it shares CD with tac team,and pretty much everyone runs dual copies of that, hardly anyone goes into PvP with it...well, hardly anyone who knows what they're doing

Exactly,,,so most tacs in an escort are gonna get VM spammed to death while being tractor spammed to death,,i tried eng team, its a nice hull heal and helps with viral but causes other CDs which i dont care for so i dropped it. I suppose one on one with my friend i could afford to run it, but would rather not in team pvp. I went with HEs and aux2struc with TSS and ep2s and 2 copies of TT
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 114
# 44
02-21-2013, 08:59 AM
the sci ships already have cool abilities to help slow down tacs,,be it viral,,tractor beam,,gravity well TR,,shockwave,,aceton ect ect...i have no problem with those, but then to give them tractor beam/chroniton torp spamming pets is a bit too much.

I would love to see the sci/engies screaming bloody murder until hell froze over if an escort could have those stupid runabout tractor spam pets lol.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,263
# 45
02-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
I would love to see the sci/engies screaming bloody murder until hell froze over if an escort could have those stupid runabout tractor spam pets lol.
they can; the heavy escort carrier has a hangar
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,966
# 46
02-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
Exactly,,,so most tacs in an escort are gonna get VM spammed to death while being tractor spammed to death^[...]
Excuse me, but if you have a problem with dying, what are you doing with a tac in an escort?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,446
# 47
02-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
This is flawed logic,,,as how many ships do you know have ALL these qualities at once? And your failing to recognize its continued tractor spam from those pets,,you break out using 1-2 abilities then the main ship tractors and spams VM while releasing more tractor spam pets
To be fair, high engine preset and evasives will break any tractor hold. ET counters VM, or Eng Batt. Also, make sure you're using Hyper-impulse engines.

That said, pets spam is just annoying always has been. But, there are other issues in the game and the Dev only has so much time. I'd rather they make an effort to not make anymore Hangar ships and focus on fixing truly OP things like stacking Boffs w/Leadership.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 937
# 48
02-21-2013, 09:04 AM
simple answer from my point of view:
nerf danubes, so nerf advanced interceptors. may i'm wrong, but i feel them to be much more powerful than danubes.
no offence intended btw ...

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,966
# 49
02-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumoftheblack View Post
Have none of you people heard of Fire at Will? Oh that's right, all of you are in escorts and only focus on pew pew.
I think this is more on target than many here will be willing to admit.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 50
02-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
So according to you we would need a vesta with the wells backstep using 3 piece maco, and placates with sub jump,,cobalt mines,,apo,,,tgt aux,,TDD,,PH,,phot shockwave,,,let me know when you find this ship.
Those are all options on how to get out of a tractor I never said you could use all at once. So learn to read a statement before replying. Also I've fought to vestas and an armatige all at the same time, they all had de-noobs and it didn't bother me at all. Again they ATnT that bad there are plenty of counters and with the VM lets see counters are Red matter, a norm battery, an EPt subsystem, and eng team, also if your spected to defend it it last all of 2 sec
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.