Starfleet Veteran
# 21
02-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
As long as it doesn't take inventory space (like the borg neural processors do), it's fine. But i really don't like having to keep all these collectible items because inventory space is expensive and very limited, even for lifers.

I don't mind having 10-15 different currencies as long as it makes sense and goes into the assets tab.
I agree with you.

And it worries me.
Captain
# 22
02-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Also as I remember it, the old mark system was really complex because you used different marks to by the same type of equipment from the same vendor.

If I wanted a Mk VII phaser that was one kind of mark, if I wanted a Mk X torpedo that was a different kind.

The rep system is a good deal clearer. If I want to do stuff for Romulans I use Romulan marks, Omega gets Omega marks, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
if we can use the Romulan marks that we got from months of Eppoh Tagging when the next one comes... then we will have no reason to play the new content.

There is one surefire method to get gamers to play new content. It's not a method Cryptic tries very often, but it has always worked with other games.

Make the new content fun to play!

I know this kind of thinking is radical, subversive and even dangerous, but I think it's worth a try.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM
I demand that all currencies be reduced to Quatloos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjeyWNolnXA
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 02-21-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 25
02-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzout View Post
There is one surefire method to get gamers to play new content. It's not a method Cryptic tries very often, but it has always worked with other games.

Make the new content fun to play!

I know this kind of thinking is radical, subversive and even dangerous, but I think it's worth a try.
People will always play the most profitable content at some point, just to get their stuff. If there's only one type of marks many nerfs will be required, including on STF rewards. And gods know it will bring a lot of rants on the forums. Cryptic doesn't need to open this Pandora's box again.

Really, new content was cool in season 7. And the current design choice has also a lot of advantages, they can balance finely the rewards and be generous in specific cases (STFs, fleet missions, eppohs). I don't want to see a massive nerf across the board just to appease a group of people who don't like having 7 lines instead of 1 in their asset tab.
Lieutenant
# 26
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
kinda defeats the point of the whole thing. i dont think omega care that ive been woking as a pest controller on new romulus. and nor should they.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
02-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altai8008 View Post
kinda defeats the point of the whole thing. i dont think omega care that ive been woking as a pest controller on new romulus. and nor should they.
I dunno. Borg are kinda like cockroaches. Impervious to everything and you never manage to kill them all no matter how many times you try. Seems very similar to pest control work to me.
Commander
# 28
02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
I just want to see account wide reputation, where the reputation bars are shared account wide, with reputation gains being shared account wide, while projects for gear/consumables remain per character.