Empire Veteran
# 1381
02-21-2013, 01:12 PM
They can buy if the stores are open.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Republic Veteran
# 1382
02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
They can buy if the stores are open.
Our stores are only open to Elites, not to everyone.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Republic Veteran
# 1383
02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Sorry for the double post.
Are we allowed to invite friends to the Embassy and base to buy from fleet stores? I ask because I don't want to be upsetting anyone if we're not. And if so, do we let them buy for free or do we want to charge things like EC prices?
No. For three reasons:
  1. We are not 7/11
  2. We did the work. If they want access to the store, roll a Ferasan, join the fleet, and contribute.
  3. I don't think it is allowed anyway.
My two slips. Alecto can confirm these feelings if he wishes.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 1384
02-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Well a good friend of mine bought 1 boff on 2 toons from the Embassy earlier o.o.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Republic Veteran
# 1385
02-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Well a good friend of mine bought 1 boff on 2 toons from the Embassy earlier o.o.
Well, keep people away from our provisions. Those are hard to come by.

This is an issue the Masters will need to discuss. We certainly don't want to be dismissive of anyone, but the limitations of our fleet were set up specifically to prevent new players from draining our bank account.

Until then, if you want to invite people to buy things using their own supplies, go ahead. But be sure to charge and collect a confiscatory admissions fee (like if one project needs 200 Warp Coils... make them cover it).
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 1386
02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Well, keep people away from our provisions. Those are hard to come by.

This is an issue the Masters will need to discuss. We certainly don't want to be dismissive of anyone, but the limitations of our fleet were set up specifically to prevent new players from draining our bank account.

Until then, if you want to invite people to buy things using their own supplies, go ahead. But be sure to charge and collect a confiscatory admissions fee (like if one project needs 200 Warp Coils... make them cover it).
Alright.
10char
Empire Veteran
# 1387
02-22-2013, 02:25 AM
Quote:
As long as you only invite them to the starbase/embassy map, provisions will be taken from their fleet, not from ours. The only item they can't buy are ships, but you can invite people so that they use our facilities level with their own provisions. I would encourage such a policy since it never hurts to help others.
Rihannsu
# 1388
02-22-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
As long as you only invite them to the starbase/embassy map, provisions will be taken from their fleet, not from ours. The only item they can't buy are ships, but you can invite people so that they use our facilities level with their own provisions. I would encourage such a policy since it never hurts to help others.
what happens if the person invited to the starbase/embassy map is fleetless? where do the provisions get removed from then?
Rihannsu
# 1389
02-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
what happens if the person invited to the starbase/embassy map is fleetless? where do the provisions get removed from then?
If someone has not fleet then they should not be able to buy anything that requires provisions.

they can probably still buy the boffs and doffs as they dont require actual provisioning although ive not tested it, but they do need fleet credits (which you need to be in a fleet at some point to get)

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Community Moderator
# 1390
02-22-2013, 03:42 AM
First of all I'd like to ask that either another Shadowcat Master take over updating the google docs roster or that a lower ranked Shadowcat ask to assist, because I'm going to be taking a short break from STO and will be playing DayZ for a while with my local friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Alecto can confirm these feelings if he wishes.
@Valen (Shadowcat Master) has prevously asked if he can invite people to the fleet to use the fleet stores but chanrge them, for exaple if they want to purchase a fleet ship, then sure but they pay us a few million EC.

Otherwise the answer is no, each player is expected to work for it, unless they can afford to just go ahead and give us a few million EC for a quicker option.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.