Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
The Abilities for Tachyon and Phaser Dispersal consoles also trigger BOFF Cannon abilities global cooldown.

Activate cannon: scatter volley, console abilities go on 15 sec GCD. Same in reverse.

Is this Working as Intended?
Lieutenant
# 12
02-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Number ONE reason I refuse to buy this ship, I could deal with the bugs and what not until they are fixed but this feature was described as intended. I logged on today with full intent on getting the 3 pack, but decided to read the forums first. So glad I did.

Make the Andorian ship consoles not suck please.
Career Officer
# 13
02-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
This was intentional to prevent these from being chained back-to-back, but we're examining whether or not we can decrease this cooldown without making them too powerful. We're crunching numbers, and we'll see if we need to make any adjustments.
This needs further attention and response - your post makes it clear that the shared cooldown between the console abilities is intended, to prevent them from being chained back-to-back, and that's both reasonable and expected.

Your wording, however, leaves the question of whether the Kumari console abilities were intended to trigger the shared cooldown on Cannon: Rapid Fire and Cannon: Scatter Volley, and have a shared cooldown triggered BY those abilities considerably more vague. It seems like a strange interaction to have a console that triggers the shared cooldown on Bridge Officer abilities, and I honestly can't think of another console that has an interaction like that.

Any clarification that you could offer regarding the shared cooldown trigger between Cannon: Rapid Fire, Cannon: Scatter Volley, and the Kumari console abilities would be appreciated!
Lieutenant
# 14
02-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Makes about as much sense as say, Gal-X spinal lance sharing same GCD as all beam boff abilities.
Captain
# 15
02-21-2013, 01:56 PM
It makes the console powers feel very awkward and weird at times. This is especially puzzling given one of the powers (the wing platforms) is designed specifically to use the cannon BOff skills.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Lieutenant
# 16
02-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
It makes the console powers feel very awkward and weird at times. This is especially puzzling given one of the powers (the wing platforms) is designed specifically to use the cannon BOff skills.
Yes. It doesn't really make alot of sense. Why don't they just tie a seperate GCD in with the consoles and not share them with the boff cannon abilities? It boggles zee mind.
Lieutenant
# 17
02-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebloome View Post
Yes. It doesn't really make alot of sense. Why don't they just tie a seperate GCD in with the consoles and not share them with the boff cannon abilities? It boggles zee mind.
I still think its a bug he just the dev didn't right his comment right
Lieutenant
# 18
02-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy6665 View Post
I still think its a bug he just the dev didn't right his comment right
I hope so. I think what has some people worried is a Dev hasn't commented on it to say if its a bug or intended.
Lieutenant
# 19
02-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Can anyone tell me if the platforms are time based or are they like hangar fighters ?

what is their CD

how long do they last

how much damage do they do

can you do the same with stats for the ando wing cannons??

dmg
attributes
dps
procs

and the DIL cost for the MK 11??

and can you confirm on whether or not you can use the consoles with regular cannons and not the wing ones?
Captain
# 20
02-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramyll View Post
Can anyone tell me if the platforms are time based or are they like hangar fighters ?

what is their CD

how long do they last

how much damage do they do

can you do the same with stats for the ando wing cannons??

dmg
attributes
dps
procs

and the DIL cost for the MK 11??

and can you confirm on whether or not you can use the consoles with regular cannons and not the wing ones?
The platforms appear to last until they're either destroyed or called back. The cost for each piece of Mk 11 Andorian equipment is ~22k dil.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples