Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 21
02-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
I think you should take a course on what is actually involved in fixing bugs. Because it's not nearly as easy as you seem to think it is.

The fact that they only fix X bugs per patch does not mean that they don't care or aren't doing their job.
I guess you did not read my entire post. Bugs need to be fixed in a REASONABLE time. Months to fix major mission bugs is not reasonable time. Years to fix some bugs that I have heard people talk about is not a reasonable time. I don't expect bugs to be fixed days after being reported but in a reasonable time is that so hard to ask for? All bugs should be worked on even minor ones but of course the bigger ones should be ahead in priority.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,209
# 22
02-21-2013, 01:48 PM
As an added bonus, the new Andorian Kumari escort line comes with an self-heal-bug that cuts all hull healing numbers by 66%.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,352
# 23
02-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahless2001 View Post
If they were to attempt to fix every bug in game before they release new ships, they wouldn't release any

I understand your frustration though. Those invisi-torps tear my Jem'hadar escort carrier to pieces


THey do the same to my Dreadnought and I'm sure my hull exceeds yours.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,671
# 24
02-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
I think you should take a course on what is actually involved in fixing bugs. Because it's not nearly as easy as you seem to think it is.

The fact that they only fix X bugs per patch does not mean that they don't care or aren't doing their job.
I'm pretty sure that the difficulty of correctly resolving any given bug increases dramatically with the complexity of the program it's buried in, and the number of found bugs increases with the size of the active user base.

In other words, if they only worked on quashing all the bugs, the forums would be up in arms about how there was no new quality content... because it would take long enough for them to exterminate them all that development of new content would be very obviously stalled.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 191
# 25
02-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanb0554 View Post
You want to know what they are wasting their time on also? Take a look at this:

1) Some in in chat starts unrelated video game chat. WoW for example, I say "That game is not good". - They reply "you are talking out of your ASS" - I reply "I am an alien, all my holes are connected, so yes".

2) I then get a mail today (this is a conversation about 3 days to a week old) saying I get a WARNING due to a ticket this sensitive troll put in (baby like community). The in GAME email from dev team highlighted my phrase I used in chat... obviously being an alien with an inner connected digestive system is offensive.

3) Yes, catering to babies whith credit cards, so that they get superior chat options is the PRIORITY of this company. What is interesting is that a huge crap storm of chat topics came up, super vulgar, and I joined in, and not a single warning. So this is proof it is not what the content or what you say is important, it is the credit card standing of the complainer that is important. What a waste of Dev time. FIX BUGS, NOT BAN CHAT! As it is, every one has an assign duty officers bug (have to go to bridge) and my buddy got stuck in the terrain.

Im surprised I havent gotten any in game warnings (been threatened with perma bans on the forum though). Cause Im not politically correct and I have no problems offending the soft spined thumb suckers that are offended by stuff I say.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,060
# 26
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeknow View Post
Im surprised I havent gotten any in game warnings (been threatened with perma bans on the forum though). Cause Im not politically correct and I have no problems offending the soft spined thumb suckers that are offended by stuff I say.
You know, I used to make this excuse when I was getting blowback after deliberately provoking people. Then I manned up and admitted to myself the problem was my rudeness.

This didnt stop me. But the self awareness did set me free and I'm much better at being a snarky person for it.
_________________
Nebula coffee is the best coffee
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 88
# 27
02-22-2013, 06:10 AM
LoL, Still waiting on a Fully Finished KDF faction myself. Don't see that coming, ever. The Track Record speaks for that.....

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 28
02-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
I'm pretty sure that the difficulty of correctly resolving any given bug increases dramatically with the complexity of the program it's buried in, and the number of found bugs increases with the size of the active user base.

In other words, if they only worked on quashing all the bugs, the forums would be up in arms about how there was no new quality content... because it would take long enough for them to exterminate them all that development of new content would be very obviously stalled.
Why would they have to only work on fixing bugs? They should do a better job with fixing bugs wile still adding new stuff. It is not impossible to do both because you have a team that works on fixing bugs and other teams for other stuff.

The Tholian Red Alert was bugged from the start why was it not fixed quickly? Why is it still not fixed? Many people have complained about it and their are still those that do. You need to ask yourself do they care about the game? The obvious answer is no they do not all they care about is things that are directly tied to making money just look at the Andorian ship that was bugged and is quickly fixed.

They need to fix bugs better this is undeniable.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 29
02-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I guess you did not read my entire post. Bugs need to be fixed in a REASONABLE time.
No, bugs need to be fixed as soon as they can fix it. How long that takes is going to depend greatly on the bug itself. There is no reasonable amount of time to fix a bug, because a massive game stopping bug could be fairly quick to solve, but a smaller nuisance bug could take weeks just to finally reproduce.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 30
02-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
No, bugs need to be fixed as soon as they can fix it. How long that takes is going to depend greatly on the bug itself. There is no reasonable amount of time to fix a bug, because a massive game stopping bug could be fairly quick to solve, but a smaller nuisance bug could take weeks just to finally reproduce.
So the fact their are still some annoying bugs that have been around for years and are still not fixed is acceptable for you?

For me taking years and who knows how much longer to fix a bug is totally unacceptable amount of time.

The Tholian Red Alert was bugged from the start and still is not fixed. This is unacceptable.

Your idea of acceptable and reasonable is not the same as what most people would consider to be.

I am not asking for things to be fixed in days or even a week. I want things to be fixed much faster then years.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 PM.