Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 49
# 51
02-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
I don't like that as a captain of my ship i cannot engage full impulse as needed. I can chose to choke off the power to other systems in a hot spot if some hull damage is better than destruction.

I wonder if that might be something they don't want to change because you would be routing power to weapons for it and you couldn't be at full impulse.
Well I'm not sure if its intended or not. Seeing as how you can activate boff abilities and still go to full impulse. The console abilities from andy escorty put you directly into combat.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
# 52
02-21-2013, 11:48 PM
One thing I noticed is with same exact spec on Fed/Kdf Tacs, and same quality/number of corresponding consoles, both at 125 weapon power. Guramba's Javelin does 30k damage but Overloaded Wing Cannons do 20k damage(roughly) with no damage buffs. Javelin doesn't require a console, just have to charge it/use it in Siege Mode, doesn't cause -50 weapon power drain as well. Javelin is also a 1minute CD compared to the 3min CD on Overloaded Wing Cannons, and well, doesn't have a shared CD with other cannon abilities. Pretty easy to choose between which one I'd prefer out of the two.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 49
# 53
02-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacove View Post
One thing I noticed is with same exact spec on Fed/Kdf Tacs, and same quality/number of corresponding consoles, both at 125 weapon power. Guramba's Javelin does 30k damage but Overloaded Wing Cannons do 20k damage(roughly) with no damage buffs. Javelin doesn't require a console, just have to charge it/use it in Siege Mode, doesn't cause -50 weapon power drain as well. Javelin is also a 1minute CD compared to the 3min CD on Overloaded Wing Cannons, and well, doesn't have a shared CD with other cannon abilities. Pretty easy to choose between which one I'd prefer out of the two.
From what I understand, Javelin does share a CD. Since its a beam attack, it shares its CD with beam boff abilities.

But who puts beams on a Guramba?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 54
02-22-2013, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacove View Post
One thing I noticed is with same exact spec on Fed/Kdf Tacs, and same quality/number of corresponding consoles, both at 125 weapon power. Guramba's Javelin does 30k damage but Overloaded Wing Cannons do 20k damage(roughly) with no damage buffs. Javelin doesn't require a console, just have to charge it/use it in Siege Mode, doesn't cause -50 weapon power drain as well. Javelin is also a 1minute CD compared to the 3min CD on Overloaded Wing Cannons, and well, doesn't have a shared CD with other cannon abilities. Pretty easy to choose between which one I'd prefer out of the two.
There are also huge drawbacks to the siege mode: you can't use it at all in pvp and if your target gets out of your fire arc then you lose your power and it's on CD, which makes this power useless except in a very limited number of situations. Of course switching between modes takes time too. Your cannon pets will follow you everywhere and will keep firing no matter what happens. Your ship won't stop if you use them. And the kdf ship doesn't have 5 fore weapons.

For this reason (5 fore cannons) this ship is the best tac ship by far in game, even without the consoles. You guys are really never happy, even when an excellent ship is released you want more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebloome View Post
But who puts beams on a Guramba?
A dual beam bank for overload III to rip shields apart maybe?

Last edited by diogene0; 02-22-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,706
# 55
02-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
/snip
We do have an internal QA team, and they're actually the reason why these *are* on a shared cooldown - the burst potential was just too high.
So your QnA team decided that the bugged tac version was balanced? What does it make the smurf after todays patch??

After three years of these QnA blunders, I have a really hard time believing you statement above.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
# 56
02-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan View Post
+1 on another lost sale. And I really, really wanted to get them, too.
Snap.

I've got an Andorian, whom I rolled as soon as the Ship was first announced all those years ago. So I was defiantly going to get one of the ships.

Now its all broken down. The set was appealing, not now. However If I buy one and the set later gets fixed, then I'd need to spend even more to get the set.
So from a fiscal point of view buying either the set or a single ship is a retarded move on my behalf.

With all the Torpedo Spreads flying about in game I don't see the wing cannons lasting 10 seconds, let alone long enough to use buffs, which renders the Three piece set utterly pointless.
I like the two piece though. But ultimately not enough.

Guess its go go gadget Stipend! Hey Andorian toon, back in the box until August!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,179
# 57
02-22-2013, 09:23 AM
I want to buy this pack too, I have the Zen waiting but I see little feedback on what if anything is going to be done.

Also I find it interesting that there is not a massive rage about this and put it down to the fact that not many have sold and I warrant a helluva lot less than Cryptic expected.

Had they released it on Tribble for a couple of weeks first we could have ironed out all those bugs and got it working brilliantly, perhaps a select group of players could work with the systems designers to ensure it was exactly what would be required to sell whilst not being impossibly OP or ludicrously crippled, the latter case being the version we see now.

As it stands now I will not buy until it is sorted and the current owners are happy. Today alone I have slaughtered at least 5 of these ships in PvP, alone, in my Aquarius whilst taking little damage, not hard when all you have to do is stay behind them and their wing cannons, and only one had them deployed seemed to do no obvious damage at all.

Such a shame this was bugged, clearly the ships are built and never tested. It goes back at least to the Armitage which I bought and could not enter STFs in.

Will be watching, reading and hoping.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
# 58
02-22-2013, 10:57 AM
I was all set to buy the bundle. Couldn't get on before work, but I rushed home late last night after work. Saw the Update Notice on the launcher and went and looked at what was being updated. Oh, the ship I want.

Looked at the patch notes, and decided to wait until this morning to see what people thought. Looks like I'll be keeping my $50.00. Very disappointed. I wanted this ship for my new Tactical.

Oh, and don't think I'll be opening any lock boxes either. I'll just wait on people to put the ships I want up on the exchange, and buy them with energy credits.

The ship was SUPPOSED to be strong! Now it has no teeth. Sad day.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 201
# 59
02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebloome View Post
Well I'm not sure if its intended or not. Seeing as how you can activate boff abilities and still go to full impulse. The console abilities from andy escorty put you directly into combat.
These console abilities should not put you directly into combat. This isn't happening to me internally. I'll talk to our QA department about it and see if they can give me some info to help track it down.

If you have good reproducible steps for this occurring, feel free to post it as a separate bug report.

Thanks for letting me know about this.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
# 60
02-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
There are also huge drawbacks to the siege mode: you can't use it at all in pvp and if your target gets out of your fire arc then you lose your power and it's on CD, which makes this power useless except in a very limited number of situations. Of course switching between modes takes time too. Your cannon pets will follow you everywhere and will keep firing no matter what happens. Your ship won't stop if you use them. And the kdf ship doesn't have 5 fore weapons.

For this reason (5 fore cannons) this ship is the best tac ship by far in game, even without the consoles. You guys are really never happy, even when an excellent ship is released you want more.
It's not that I am not happy with the ship itself, I am happy with the ship itself, but the consoles are underpowered. My original comparison was the Overload console alone vs Guramba's Javelin alone. You don't give up anything at all by having Siege Mode/Javelin on the Guramba, it's just there. As far as the pets, they die relatively easily, and are also a 3m cd. Which brings up another point. You call the pets, 30 seconds later, pets die, 2.5m before you can call them back out again. Which totally ruins the 3 set bonus right there for 2.5m plus that particular console til it is off CD again. What really ruins all these consoles though is that Overload/Tachyon Induction both start CDs on cannon abilities. You can't really chain the two either since Overload has a 4 second charge up time giving plenty of time for your target to get it's shields back up.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 AM.