Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
# 11
02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
I always found it a little unsettling that Neelix was banging a one-year-old.

Anyways, I'm curious as to the OP's reasoning for finding the Ocampans so interesting, at least compared to the other choices in the game. Not putting down your opinion, just curious.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 621
# 12
02-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Why would you want to play an Ocampa? You'd just be forced to roll a new character after a decade of gameplay.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 13
02-21-2013, 06:53 PM
What is this knocking of the Pakleds I am reading.

I bet your ship does not go. And you are not strong.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 786
# 14
02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
Anyways, I'm curious as to the OP's reasoning for finding the Ocampans so interesting, at least compared to the other choices in the game. Not putting down your opinion, just curious.
I'll do my best to answer your query.


I find it fascinating that the Ocampans are polite and soft-spoken, but if they're really pushed, they're quite formidable enemies.
Especially when you factor in their mental strength as compared to other species.
I found it interesting that they were physically frail by comparision to other species, yet their psychic abilities were so formidable that it made them quite intimidating if they chose to use them.

There's this scene which I find particularly memorable.
An alien warlord has transferred himself into Kes' body and is controlling her.
But over time, his control is slipping.
There's a certain scene where Kes draws him into a mental battle and she's overwhelming him with the sheer strength of her mind. He's seconds from death when his medical aide has to intervene to stop the battle.


And I'm hoping to see that reflected in Star Trek Online gameplay somehow.
A race that isn't all that imposing to look at, but are incredibly deadly with the power of their will and psychic abilities.

Mind you, I'm not sure if they'll actually implement the Ocampan psychic abilities, that might be tricky to do!
Also, the series established that it's not easy for an Ocampan to master their abilities, so they might not have them at all.

But that wouldn't be any fun at all.
If they had none of their mental abilities, what's to set them apart from any other telepathic race like Vulcans or Letheans?


The power I'd like to see most is the one I call Ocampan Deathgrip.
It basically lifts an enemy off the ground and causes several blood vessels in the head to pop.
The one time Kes uses it, she inflicts severe pain on her enemy.
It's also hinted at had Kes not shown mercy and released him, she could have maintained and intensified the Deathgrip until he died.

But unsure if they could introduce an ability like that, since it would effectively immobilize the target, cause a DOT injury while in use and inflict a weakened state when it expired.

Would be fun though!
I'd love to Ocampan Deathgrip an Elite Tac Borg, just for laughs.

Last edited by tilarta; 02-21-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 862
# 15
02-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
The power I'd like to see most is the one I call Ocampan Deathgrip.
It basically lifts an enemy off the ground and causes several blood vessels in the head to pop.
The one time Kes uses it, she inflicts severe pain on her enemy.
It's also hinted at had Kes not shown mercy and released him, she could have maintained and intensified the Deathgrip until he died.

But unsure if they could introduce an ability like that, since it would effectively immobilize the target, cause a DOT injury while in use and inflict a weakened state when it expired.

Would be fun though!
I'd love to Ocampan Deathgrip an Elite Tac Borg, just for laughs.
Elite Tactical Borg: "Resistance is-GHAKK.....HIDEBU!!!"

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 621
# 16
02-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Elite Tactical Borg: "Resistance is-GHAKK.....HIDEBU!!!"
That would've made me lose my lunch if it didn't look so ridiculous.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 476
# 17
02-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Doenst have the Ocampa females a huge va gina in their backs?Well, I'm sure I dont want it.
[That's it, Spanish and/or Hispanic Fleet]
L'Ter@lotherus - Alien Sci Officer - Wells/Destroyer
(No quiero mas reputaciones - No more rep!)
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
# 18
02-22-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
Doenst have the Ocampa females a huge va gina in their backs?Well, I'm sure I dont want it.
eh.....nope.
They deliver there baby's via there eh back.
But they consieve via there hands
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,637
# 19
02-22-2013, 03:50 AM
9 Years...

Of cause by then, you have to start considering funeral arrangements for them.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 365
# 20
02-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Is no one else concerned about the fact the race is dying out one generation at a time. If the female can only give birth to one child in her entire life, then the population gets cut in half every generation. In good conscience I can not advocate the admittance of an endangered species to Star Fleet.
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 AM.