Survivor of Romulus
# 11
02-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Sheesh. You want a unicorn that farts gold dust next?
That depends on what I'd have to feed it with.
Captain
# 12
02-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
That depends on what I'd have to feed it with.
The tears of five man fleets that thought they were getting to T5 in a month.
# 13
02-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
And in your experience, do they actually react to material on those lines? I know that at least Branflakes and Borticus do read this forum, though their acknowledgement of bug reports is pretty scattershot.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
And in your experience, do they actually react to material on those lines? I know that at least Branflakes and Borticus do read this forum, though their acknowledgement of bug reports is pretty scattershot.
Every issue I have brought up was at least addressed. Most resolved fairly quickly.

Granted I don't tend to have many problems. And the ones I do have tend to be minor or not gameplay related.

And I can't say for certain that the bug reports go anywhere, but at least I reported them.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
02-22-2013, 01:08 AM
i all ways tell people to report bugs on the forms im sure the in game bug report is broken or there lost the password to it
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
02-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbor2 View Post
i all ways tell people to report bugs on the forms im sure the in game bug report is broken or there lost the password to it
Cover all the bases, report it in game, through email, on the sto forums, and on the tech support forums.

Some one will see it.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Im not complaining. At least they are fixing it quickly. Most stuff stays broken for at least a week..sometimes forever.

Plus OP answered his own question...its all about the $$$
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
02-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeknow View Post
Im not complaining. At least they are fixing it quickly. Most stuff stays broken for at least a week..sometimes forever.

Plus OP answered his own question...its all about the $$$
Well we also don't know if it's actuasly broken, (at least I don't) or if it was intended.

And if it is broken, we don't know how difficult the fix is. It may seem simple from the outside but maybe on the coding side its more complicated. I personaly have no idea how their system handles such things, or how such things are interconnected. It could be the error is coming from somewhere else entirely and just hasn't been found yet.

And as for not letting us in on the time tables..... we used to have engineering reports, and it was just used as ammunition by whiney people to point out how unjust the world was that the feature they wanted wasn't in game yet even though it had been in so many reports.

Frankly with the way most people treat the devs I'm suprised they talk to us at all.

Rihannsu
# 19
02-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Well we also don't know if it's actuasly broken, (at least I don't) or if it was intended.

And if it is broken, we don't know how difficult the fix is. It may seem simple from the outside but maybe on the coding side its more complicated. I personaly have no idea how their system handles such things, or how such things are interconnected. It could be the error is coming from somewhere else entirely and just hasn't been found yet.

And as for not letting us in on the time tables..... we used to have engineering reports, and it was just used as ammunition by whiney people to point out how unjust the world was that the feature they wanted wasn't in game yet even though it had been in so many reports.

Frankly with the way most people treat the devs I'm suprised they talk to us at all.
yeah, editing 3 numbers in an algorithm is VERY complicated

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Commander
# 20
02-22-2013, 03:02 AM
The faster turn around is nice. The fact they found the bug is nice. They are only human, and I know first hand how stupid things slip in, or you have blind spots.

The fact the bug(s) completely slipped by the when all it would have taken was stopping to spend 20-30min. to just open the status screen or read all the tooltips on a private mini-server? Not so nice.

Hell ... even spend two or three hours writing and debugged a program explicitly to query the database and spit out the numbers I think would have saved them time at this point. Then compare them to they should be. How many man hour have they spend on the borg super crits when something like that could have tipped them off.

Edit: It wouldn't have to do more then run down all the functions once and log their output to a text file. Even if they didn't have a merge utility for the IDE to compare the two files, diff would point out the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
When you said made them money....you pretty much answered your own question.
Yea, but their ability to make money in the first place is kinda tied to their name being somewhere above mud so someone actually looks at what they're selling. (Not to be overly rude, but not that I credit a lot of the complains being well thought out ... )

Point and case? I didn't spend 30 seconds to do more then look at the art in the CStore because I don't trust them to get it right the first time. (Sorry guys.)

Last edited by resoundingenvoy; 02-22-2013 at 03:18 AM.