Captain
# 21
02-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
How about we do private OPvP matches instead?

If it gets so bad that we have to do that, we should use the tools at our disposal.
Speaking just for myself here , but OPvP also has a LOT of chit-chat , and that kind of turns me off (same with the REDALERT channel) .

While I'm not trying to create drama/split the pvp community -- IMHO if there was a channel strictly dedicated to PVP match calls (akin to EliteSTF) -- with zero chit-chat , I'd be interested in signing up .

+ Now with FM being assigned to PVP , I'm thinking AFK-ers will become more prominent in the public Q's than ever before .

My 2 cents .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...

Last edited by aelfwin1; 02-22-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Captain
# 22
02-22-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Speaking just for myself here , but OPvP also has a LOT of chit-chat , and that kind of turns me off (same with the REDALERT channel) .

While I'm not trying to create drama/split the pvp community -- IMHO if there was a channel strictly dedicated to PVP match calls (akin to EliteSTF) -- with zero chit-chat , I'd be interested in signing up .

+ Now with FM being assigned to PVP , I'm thinking AFK-ers will become more prominent in the public Q's than ever before .

My 2 cents .
Maybe the less intelligent ones. Having to repeat a mission that can take upwards of an hour three times and is available randomly once per day seems, frankly, beyond idiotic to AFK in for Fleet Marks. It's be far more productive to AFK the Fleet Alert mission, should one be inclined to do so. It's available reliably every 30 minutes, relatively easy for 4 players to accomplish, and has no special condition other than show up for it.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Captain
# 23 AFK get stuffed.
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
This is an idea from the sick idea factory that is my brain-Branflakes has floated some map setting ideas to better PvP-which is good.

But it doesn't, imho, go far enough into the realm of addressing issues.

You've all had it happen (except the ones that it hasn't happened to yet): The que pops, you go into an Arena, there are four other 'people' icons, your team gets wiped and at the end of the match, on the little display, there is your answer as to why:

"So_and_So@Thusandsuch Damage dealt:0 Healing:0"

if you were aware of what was around you, you might have noticed that B'rel, or Defiant, parked by the gate, doing nothing.

There should be a way to MARK this guy as a TARGET for the other team. "Bonus points to kill this leeching *******."

and for the guy who just doesn't res?

autokick his lazy ass and bring in whoever's waiting on the que for a match immediately.

Just a thought from the sick idea factory.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
This is an idea from the sick idea factory that is my brain-Branflakes has floated some map setting ideas to better PvP-which is good.

You've all had it happen (except the ones that it hasn't happened to yet): The que pops, you go into an Arena, there are four other 'people' icons, your team gets wiped and at the end of the match, on the little display, there is your answer as to why:

if you were aware of what was around you, you might have noticed that B'rel, or Defiant, parked by the gate, doing nothing.

There should be a way to MARK this guy as a TARGET for the other team. "Bonus points to kill this leeching *******."

autokick his lazy ass and bring in whoever's waiting on the que for a match immediately.

agreed, i have only started noticing it since fleet marks were added. one or two guys just sleeping at the gate. i try to remember theyre names for future ridicule
Ensign
damn cant delete nothing here spam lol

Last edited by hurtm3plenty; 03-23-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Ensign
# 26
03-23-2013, 05:11 AM
pvp sux cuz of no imagination
Career Officer
# 27
03-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Every week there's a new thread to moan about AFKing in PVP, and every week nothing happens. Until it stops people doing PVE it's VERY unlikely we'll see a fix for it.

In an ideal world the whole arena would see an AFK player and warp out, but thats just not feasible. Some either wont see it happening and some just won't care.
Lieutenant
# 28
03-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
I love Star Trek. Please respond with some kind of news to sooth my soul. I sobered up about a year ago and Star Trek has been my life since. Please give me some kind of news to make me feel batter about it.

Most of us play this game drunk. You may not be in the best of company.
Captain
# 29
03-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post

And what do you do when a player is refusing to rez in arena because two players are spawn camping him? (Say a science officer with tractor beam, viral matrix, and shockwave with a Jem'hadar Attack ship sitting at the spawn). If you autokick after an amount of time, you let the spawn campers continue to camp due to fear of kicking, rather than forcing them to move back to the real fight from a lack of spawn. I know AFKing is a bit of a problem in space, but autokick isn't a viable option. It WILL be abused in order to win close matches. Neither is kicking players after a certain amount of time with no DPS. (You'd kill the ability for bird of prey to hit and run).
Captain
# 30
03-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh for the love of.

Grief. It's spelled Grief. Not Greif. lrn2book.