1) Devices: You need a Weapons Battery somewhere in there. The Weapons Battery should supplement the lower weapons power used by your secondary (turret) weapons.
2) Power: Should be 45/30/25/100.
3) Science Consoles: Get rid of the Multi-dimensional console, and use the Fermion console instead.
4) DOFFs: You need more shield distribution officers, IMO.
Also, since you didn't post a BOFF ability layout, I suggest you have Aux to SIF, EP to Aux, Hazard Emitters, EP to Shields, EP to Weapons, and at least one Tactical Team. (in addition to the obvious choice of CSV/CRF)
1) not concerned about weapon power, with certain buffs I'm easily over 50.
2) Power is fine where it's at, more concerned about shield power than weapon power
3) The Uni Consoles are really just filler, with the long cool downs.
4) Cutting the recharge time of ST is more beneficial.
Boff ability layout is included with the skill planner link.
You still have *some* weapon power no matter what you do, and the turrets run off that. They may not give as good of performance as they'd if you had full power to weapons, but they're the only weapons besides the Kinetic Cutting Beam that can be put in the aft weapon spots and shoot forward. If you can get 50 power to them via skills and/or gear they do thier rated damage.
you are still losing great amounts of dps with turrets at 50 weapon power (hell, you would lose high amounts with turrets at 100)
Originally Posted by tom61sto
In STFs, it's fairly trivial to get the Borg in your forward arc and just pound on them with the Dual cannons. With mines you have to get fairly close, which makes you at risk for a taking a HY torp that you otherwise might have avoided. With torps aft, you have to spin or do passing runs, limiting the damage your forward arc weapons are doing, particularly the 45 degree dual cannons.
if you are not getting close to stuff in stfs, you are doing something wrong. and if you are hit with a high yield torp in the Vesta, while doing that, you are doing something extremely wrong