Ensign
# 1 Reputation Store prices
02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Dear Crypitc,

could you please explain to me why a purple Borg duty Officer that used to cost the equivalent of 4x 1024 dilithium ore now cost 15.000 refined Dilithium?

Same with the ground weapons: A ground weapon did cost 1 prototype borg salvage or 20 encrypted Borg chips, which translated into 2304 dilithium ore. Now the same weapons cost 9400 refined dilithium.

It might not be so bad if the cost were in omega marks, which would mean 1500 omega marks for the Borg duty officer or 940 omega marks for the ground weapons - Still overpriced. But you demand refined dilithium, which is needed at every turn for various fleet and reputation projects and has a very small bottleneck of about 8000 dilithium per day.

I will not speak about the prices in the Romulan reputation store, because there I have not previous figures. But I would like to point out that I do not shop in that store either.
Lieutenant
# 2
02-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Well, It takes funds away from getting free zen. That might be the reason
Captain
# 3
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Hm... top tier weapons being expensive? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!!!

Seriously... the costs are justified. This is not Season 6 anymore. It is a completely different game with completely different rules. This gear is considered top tier, and as such will be costly. In many cases, it's not worth it, but in a select few it is. Not to sound like an ass, but suck it up and deal with it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
# 4
02-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfexile1 View Post
Well, It takes funds away from getting free zen. That might be the reason
I do not convert to zen. Not enough dilithium after paying for various set pieces and starbase upgrades (I usually hit my daily dilithium conversion cap each day). If you have Dilithium to convert you either are not in a fleet or one big enough that people not putting in dilithium do not hinder the progress of the Starbase or do not need or want any of the various sets and items available through the reputation system.

Also these Zen are not free. Someone paid for them.

Quote:
Hm... top tier weapons being expensive? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!!!

Seriously... the costs are justified. This is not Season 6 anymore. It is a completely different game with completely different rules. This gear is considered top tier, and as such will be costly. In many cases, it's not worth it, but in a select few it is. Not to sound like an ass, but suck it up and deal with it.
I did not complain about the prices of the set pieces, I complained about the price for the weapon you could use on the GROUND to grind for the resources to get the sets. The costs of these weapons are NOT justified. You get a weapon almost as good for a few thousand energy credits in the exchange. A fresh level 50 is supposed to outfit himself in these reputations stores. Also to get these stores you have to put in a lot of time and resources. I did it on 6 characters and it cost a few million energy credits and a few hundred omega marks.

Fortunatly I am already fully equipped. The pricing for the Borg duty officers (I own quite a few of them on all my characters) was just the dropped that shatter the barrel.

If they would half these prices it would still be overpriced.
Career Officer
# 5
02-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgebhardt View Post
could you please explain to me why a purple Borg duty Officer that used to cost the equivalent of 4x 1024 dilithium ore now cost 15.000 refined Dilithium?
Cryptic Math(c).

The same math that gives you shuttles with higher hull strength than T1 starships. And the same math that gives you a 6-decade-old "Support" ship that is more powerful than a top-of-the-line Flagship cruiser.

And also the same math that tries to justify making you fork over 200,000 dilithium in order to infest your starbase with tribbles.
Captain
# 6
02-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgebhardt View Post
I did not complain about the prices of the set pieces, I complained about the price for the weapon you could use on the GROUND to grind for the resources to get the sets. The costs of these weapons are NOT justified. You get a weapon almost as good for a few thousand energy credits in the exchange. A fresh level 50 is supposed to outfit himself in these reputations stores. Also to get these stores you have to put in a lot of time and resources. I did it on 6 characters and it cost a few million energy credits and a few hundred omega marks.

Fortunatly I am already fully equipped. The pricing for the Borg duty officers (I own quite a few of them on all my characters) was just the dropped that shatter the barrel.

If they would half these prices it would still be overpriced.
Then stop complaining and just do what you proposed. These weapons are for those who have dil, not ECs, and most level fresh 50s tend to have more dil than ECs if this is their first character. Herp... a... derp!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Rihannsu
# 7
02-22-2013, 05:14 AM
If you think the rep store stuff is too expensive, don't buy it.

I have Mk 12 Romulan space weapons, which I think are great and totally worth the price. The rest of the stuff I think is a waste of time and resources, because there are better and cheaper alternatives out there. So I haven't unlocked them.

I don't come here to complain how the stuff I don't want is too expensive and I could get better and cheaper on the exchange or fleet starbase. That would be stupid. Instead, I go get the better and cheaper stuff on the exchange and fleet starbase.
Career Officer
# 8
02-22-2013, 05:24 AM
How else are they to suck your dil dry, so that you spend real money on Zen, rather than dil?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Ensign
# 9
02-22-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
How else are they to suck your dil dry, so that you spend real money on Zen, rather than dil?
Please explain to me how Zen come to be in the Dilithium Exchange? Someone with more money then time spend REAL money to get the results of your investment of time.

I do not think that Cryptic cares about the exchange rate at the Dilithium Exchange. The moment someone buys Zen-points is the moment that Cryptic/PWE has your money. What happens with the Zen points after that point is of no particular interests for Cryptic/PWE.

What I do think that they did not think things through. I have no problems getting my greedy hands on Dilithium Ore. I just can not convert more then 8000 dilithium Ore each day. At the same time there is an increasing amount of things that require me to put in Dilithium - our fleet leader warned us that sometime soon we get a fleet project that will require 1.900.000 dilithium.

Some other stuff can do without, for instance the ability to exchange 5 doffs into a higher ranking one.

Other stuff I want/need to be able to do my own share in various PVE missions. Most of that stuff I already got before the launch of the reputation system, but a few pieces were not available before. I got most of that stuff now.

I also noticed that my interest in playing Star Trek Online is waning as the amount of grinding just to grind increases. As my desire to play Star Trek Online decreases so does my willingness to spend cash.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-22-2013, 08:08 AM
As was pointed out when the system first went in: The dilithium you get from cashing in salvage was basically the vendor value of destroying it, not the resource equivalent. A weapon that cost 1 rare salvage was itemized the same as one costing 22,620 dilithium, not one that cost the 1024 dilithium you could trade the salvage for.