Career Officer
# 31
02-19-2013, 06:17 AM
One bug I haven't seen mentioned is when looking at your fleet's roster page, and picking a category to sort, then going through the pages (i.e. looking at the 31-40th people) it'll take you back to the first page (listing people #1-10). This can happen anywhere from approximately 1-20 seconds on it.

I'm using Windows 7 and Google Chrome.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 32
02-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
Awesome! Huge thanks for being so helpful. I also only got the spinning circles, so I will check into that.

By the "ones you've most recently been on", do you mean that you've played them in-game recently? (Like this week?) We have a suspicion that older characters (that haven't been played in the client for a while) might be causing this problem because it takes longer to get them online and updated.
By recently I mean the last hour or so. I typically cycle through all of my toons in a play session doing different things on some. Some only for a half hour or so filling DOFF slots, others perhaps longer.

Is there a way to pare things down...say for your Bridge officers, list their portraits all on one screen (by "department" tac/eng/sci) rather than the full body scrolling bar. Then use the portrait as a button to click to their specific content generated page? That might shave off a little database draw as the system can duplicate the use of a single generated image rather than two.

Organizing it this way might ease future in game developments when we get First Officers and Department Heads. Then it is just minor shuffling and organizing.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 02-19-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Captain
# 33
02-19-2013, 10:50 AM
On Firefox and Chrome, having Gateway open in more than one tab causes it to give an "Incorrect one time code" error every single time you go to a new section. After hitting "Close" on the error, the page refreshes properly. This happens on both tabs.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 34
02-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
One bug I haven't seen mentioned is when looking at your fleet's roster page, and picking a category to sort, then going through the pages (i.e. looking at the 31-40th people) it'll take you back to the first page (listing people #1-10). This can happen anywhere from approximately 1-20 seconds on it.

I'm using Windows 7 and Google Chrome.
Thanks for the report! This is bug caused by live updating. Probably someone in the Fleet is doing something which modifies the fleet. This causes an update to get sent to you and the screen refreshes. We will be fixing this so that the screen doesn't lose which page you're on.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 35
02-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
On Firefox and Chrome, having Gateway open in more than one tab causes it to give an "Incorrect one time code" error every single time you go to a new section. After hitting "Close" on the error, the page refreshes properly. This happens on both tabs.
The incorrect "one time code" message is a known bug.

At the moment, Gateway doesn't support being open in the same browser multiple times very well. We're working on it.
Captain
# 36
02-20-2013, 02:07 AM
When you view the ship stations and look at the bridge officer powers, they are out of order inregards to the tier of the power, for instance:

My Lieutenant Commander Tactical Officer (on my Assault Cruise Refit) has the powers:

Tactical Team I
Beam: Fire At Will II
Torpedo: High Yield III
Cannon: Rapid Fire III

But in Gateway when viewing my ships stations the powers are ordered:

Torpedo: High Yield III
Beam: Fire At Will II
Tactical Team I
Cannon: Rapid Fire III

It would appear the the first 3 powers are reversed (listed from LtCmdr. power to Ens. power) and this hold true for all of my other officers. Interestingly the Commander power is in the correct spot.

I'd also appreciate it if the stations were listed (descending from top to bottom) by rank, ie Commander at the top and any Ens. stations at the bottom.

Also unrelated to the above, I'd like to see the character limit banish from the Biography section of my character sheet and I'd like the ability to edit my Bio from Gateway on the Captain Profile page.

Also the Captain Profile page has a section for Traits, but nothing displays under that section.

I can only imagine that this next thing is coming with the DOff implementation, but I'd like to be able to at least see my Commendation progress and ranks through Gateway.
Career Officer
# 37
02-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
Fleet information is considerably restricted for non-members. We left in the basics that would help in recruiting.

Non-members can see: fleet name, creation date, MotD, description, website, member count, minimum rank, recruiting message, and those in the roster that are allowed to invite new members. They can't see rank and file members of the fleet, fleet events, calendar, or activity logs.

Do you think we should also restrict the MotD (message of the day) and general description? Or maybe just the MotD?
Well there is a "recruiting" and "information" section to every fleet. Information should only be viewable to fleet members as this is where most fleets post their private information such as teamspeak addresses and passwords to said server.

Recruiting should be shown, but not MoTD. Again, sometimes the MoTD is just intended for fleet members.

At least this is the way it works in my fleet...

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard

Last edited by blznfun; 02-20-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Career Officer
# 38
02-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehus View Post
It would be nice if you left it to the fleets what was visible and what wasn't.
I second this...

2nd point was not acknowledged about bringing in-game mail back to the gateway so we can check our in-game mail box while we are away from the game. Being able to respond as well in that system. Having a "sent" box would be a plus both on the gateway and in-game.

3rd point: Can we get the ability to search by "@handle" or see a list of all un-hidden characters that are tied to the same account when we visit a single toon's gateway profile? For example, you visit John@DoeRayMe's gateway profile. There is a link to "other characters" by this member. Or even more simply, where "character@handle" shows in the in url, a way to change that (just like fleets) to "@handle" only.

BTW, AWESOME JOB on the gateway so far. I really like it. Clean, useful and fun...

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard

Last edited by blznfun; 02-21-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Sucking up...
Career Officer
# 39
02-22-2013, 06:25 AM
I didnt even know about this till now, but I like it!

Win7 64bit | nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti | 12GB Corsair 1600MHz Tri-Chan DDR3
Intel i7 920 (Bloomfield) 2.67GHz QCore | Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | Creative SB 5.1 X-Fi
Career Officer
# 40
02-22-2013, 07:26 AM
I am getting the following error when I use Internet Explorer 9...

"You have Encountered an Error

Loading timeout

The resource you requested wasn't received in a reasonable time. You can refresh the page and try again.

Click here to go to Character Select"

Nothing is working in IE 9, but when I use Firefox everything works fine.

Zeus
Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
"I don't test my code often, but when I do I test it in Production"The most interesting dev in the world

I rather be a fence post in Texas than the King of PWE